Sign in to follow this  
Martin

cant start opf!!!

im getting this error when i want too start opf

"cannot creat 3d device 1024*768*32 75 mhz fresh rate

error D3DERR_invalid call"

i have geforce3 ti 200 with Win xp detonater 23.11 installed..OS is WIN XP

i have been could play opf a couple of weeks ago but not now..

Plz help me..

all other games that i have works just fine..

If you have no clue then why post?

Make sure to run OFP Preferences, then Autodetect. Try running Direct 3D without HW T&L.

-Rekrul

"cannot creat 3d device 1024*768*32 75 mhz fresh rate error D3DERR_invalid call"

The above error message comes if you set your screen resolution to say 1024, then try run the game in 1280 window mode. If you haven't added -window to the properties of the ofp icon then try another step, set your desktop to equal size of what you run the game in, set color depth to same (32bit), run the ofp configuration program, run autodetect there and try start ofp.

Regarding Window mode, BIS how about making OFP "own" the desktop cursor while in OFP (much like Counter-strike etc does), and also make the window CENTERED on the desktop.

I have reinstalled the game many times now but i doesent work...when i run DXDiag and test my Directx 8 capabilities it cant run the test.i can test directx 7 without any problems...and when i try too play Max payne it say´s that i dont have any direcx 8 graphics card...im sure this has do do with it..

i hope u can help me..

Martin - it sounds like you need to help yourself. Install DirectX 8 properly, then try it. Did you read avon's site?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from OBiJuan on 9:14 pm on Jan. 3, 2002

Martin - it sounds like you need to help yourself.  Install DirectX 8 properly, then try it.  Did you read avon's site?<span id='postcolor'>

That is to say, search The FAQ for "directx buster". Use it to uninstall DirectX, reboot and reinstall DX again.

You also might want to consider reinstalling video drivers again after that if the problem still isn't resolved.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Birkoff on 8:57 pm on Jan. 3, 2002

"cannot creat 3d device 1024*768*32 75 mhz fresh rate error D3DERR_invalid call"

The above error message comes if you set your screen resolution to say 1024, then try run the game in 1280 window mode. If you haven't added -window to the properties of the ofp icon then try another step, set your desktop to equal size of what you run the game in, set color depth to same (32bit), run the ofp configuration program, run autodetect there and try start ofp.

Regarding Window mode, BIS how about making OFP "own" the desktop cursor while in OFP (much like Counter-strike etc does), and also make the window CENTERED on the desktop.

<span id='postcolor'>

That's not true, it is entirely possible to use a different game and desktop resolution. I run Windows in 1024x768x32 mode, but play OFP at 1600x1200x32.

The most likely cause of the problem are an unsupported video mode, or a corrupt DirectX installation.

As was mentioned before, run DXDIAG.EXE, click on the Video tab, and run the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests that are there. If no problems are found, run the OFP Preferences program, and select Autodetect.

it works now guys!!!

I LOVE U ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=)

What would be nice of you to do is to let everyone know what you did to make it work?

i installed an Directx buster...and made some changes...its hard too tell but it works and thats what matters