Small progress update:

fa18f_side_gbu.jpg

fa18f_flight_mav.jpg

fa18f_bottom.jpg

fa18f_side_rock.jpg

F/A-18F, Front

F/A-18F, tail art

F/A-18F and F/A-18E

Thus far, major updates are in scripting. AGM-154 (JSOW) has been implemented with a map-clicking guidance system, AGM-88 has a similar guidance system implemented, Mk82 and Mk83 bombs have been recoded with Snakeye fins and can be dropped in low drag or high drag configuration, and the HUD now shows speed in knots and altitude in feet. The F/A-18F, as pictured, will be able to put more use to the guidance system in place for the AGM-154, since the second crew member can designate targets without requiring the pilot to take his attention away from flying (which is the case with F/A-18E).

@havocsquad

From Page 1:

Quote[/b] ]Yes, there's an Aces compatible variant already availible. It only needs some refining of code and some semi-fixed weapons brought in.

Additionally, the Marines took delivery of new F/A-18As in 1983, before they were in operational Navy squadrons. If they have any Navy hand-me-downs, they're likely few in number. Most Marine Hornets have been converted to C and A+ configuration, which are supported by a number of F/A-18Ds.

what weapons will it feature? and will it have the beep beep sound when you are being locked on and stuff?

what weapons will it feature? and will it have the beep beep sound when you are being locked on and stuff?

Weapons list can be found in this image, which leasts each hardpoint and what it can currently employ. Note that not every combination in that list may be available or implemented at this time, but the vast majority of combinations are available. Like AH-64A/D, it's possible to select a different combination on the fly when you approach certain structures and units.

It's currently equipped with a missile warning system similar to the one used on Apache, although with slightly greater power and limited chaff + flares.

@all

Thanks for the kind words from the rest of you!

Looking good. Keeep it up Franze.

Btw; a little texture tip: pay attention on shadows and highlights just to avoid the "plain looking" effect.

That small touch will improve this beauty a lot. wink_o.gif

Btw; a little texture tip: pay attention on shadows and highlights just to avoid the "plain looking" effect.

I've been trying to find the best way to enhance the shadows and highlights using PS dodge and burn tools, but the weathering layer throughout the model makes this a little difficult to get right. I'm sure I could get the right effect, but it would take time that I don't have right now - split between scripting, features, and texturing at this time.

Progress has been halted at this time. My system had a catastophic failure and over the past week I've been unable to get it in a working state.

Maybe if I'm really lucky, the computer god will grant me some luck and I'll have it working this week.

Sitrep: F/A-18E and F/A-18F are in the beta testing phase. I'd like a few beta testers to help me out here, especially in MP compatability.

Interested parties should contact me via PM.

*sob*

sad_o.gif

This would be my dream 'mission', as an OFP pilot, alas my joystick is unavailable atm sad_o.gif

*sob*

sad_o.gif

This would be my dream 'mission', as an OFP pilot, alas my joystick is unavailable atm  sad_o.gif

ah, i feel sorry for you sad_o.gif

eh... i'm back from night work and i'm fully prepared to test this just built craft(note that there is no -AIR before word -craft, because it's unknown what it will act like in sea, air or land... ) biggrin_o.gifrofl.gif

and now... let's continue waiting for Franze's aproval of my test flight mission huh.gif

Also, if anyone would like to, I have the external texture PSD files available for texturing in other Super Hornet units. Contact me for details.

Note that my mapping might be a mess, as are the PSD files!

Just seen the aggressor textures on your site, looking good!

The Havoc looks good to!

notworthy.gif

Franze's F-18's currently do have cockpit textures yes, as well as workable MFD's and several other features,however right now he is a bit bulked down with college or something such as that. Currently he's putting putting together sounds from "Janes F/A-18 simulator" for things such as betty,I'm sure he'll give a sitrep soon himself.

Well, I had hoped to release Super Hornet a couple weeks ago but there were too many bugs and I didn't want to go out half-cocked. F/A-18F isn't finished and there's quite a few scripts to fix.

To Do:

- F/A-18F WSO features and compatability.

- Need more loadouts or better loadout scripting.

- Sounds.

- MP compatability.

- Guidance system for HARM and JSOW is clunky.

- Still need to integrate with Longbow and Kiowa.

There's definately some other stuff that I probably can't remember now. I've got my hands full w/ college and I don't have any time to spare to get Super Hornet done.

But I can treat you to a few screenshots, although you won't see anything massively new:

fa18eag_tkoff2.jpg

fa18eagt_grnd1.jpg

fa18f_tkoff1.jpg

fa18eag_ckpit1.jpg

in deed drool! that cockpit is almost perfect! give you props for the hard work! just a few more textures to go! good job! - and a question. Are any of these hornets double seaters? like super hornets in the navy?

Are any of these hornets double seaters? like super hornets in the navy?

Yes - one F/A-18F. The WSO is still WIP, along with WSO functions.

No - the closest I've come to that was Jane's F-15. But I based the aircraft on the Navy F/A-18E NATOPS flight manual as much as possible.

Gotta love Jane's Combat simulations! smile_o.gif I recognized the Longbow 2 sounds in the AH-64s straight away biggrin_o.gif