Sign in to follow this  
BlackScorpion

FS X

you can add aircraft to the demo i put some hellos in and a jet fighter going to try scenery later.

you can add aircraft to the demo i put some hellos in and a jet fighter going to try scenery later.

Can you explain how you add helos to it?

Haven't downloaded the demo, yet. I used to use Microsoft's product until a few years ago, then switched to X-Plane, the primary reason being the flight model (I really don't care about graphics, as long as the planes fly realistically in all flight regimes). Are there any pilots who can comment on the flight model, its strengths and weaknesses?

Also, is it possible to spin the aircraft? I have not yet found a commercial simulator that can simulate spins.

-Pilot

flight simulators default aircrafts... well not realistic enough. crazy_o.gif but if you try some off the best payware addons out there msfs becomes really realistic about flight models.pilots and most of the users agree with this.default aircrafts of fs don't show the real power of the simulator. ;)spins are not possible as far as i tried with default aircrafts but with wings of power addon aircrafts i can spin easily if i pull the joystcik too hard but

you can easily recover from spin which i don'T like it mad_o.gif the best spin simulation i have ever seen is il2's spins thumbs-up.gif

I really like this demo! Impressive visuals even on my aged system. Won't be going for the full version though, I much prefer actually shooting stuff down biggrin_o.gif

As for joysticks, I love my Logitech Wingman Force, the old one with a serial and USB-connection. It's been flying for me since I bought it in like, 98, 99 or something like that. It even survived a short circuit!

the best spin simulation i have ever seen is il2's spins thumbs-up.gif

Have you tried LOMAC?

I dont know how reallistic it is, but the few times I've flown the F-15 I've gotten into a spin every now and then. Some times its easy to get out of it, other times I end up too close to the ground for comfort.

Never managed to get the Hog into a spin though.

I have'nt been able to push any of the default planes into a spin in FS2004 or FSX either.

actually i have lomac flaming cliffs but haven't played much to see how the fm's are due to lack of time btw i shouldn't said il2's spins are the best there are tons of great sims out there wink_o.gif

you can easily recover from spin which i don'T like it mad_o.gif the best spin simulation i have ever seen is il2's spins thumbs-up.gif

Sorry to burst your bubble but I believe oleg has commented that IL-2's spins are scripted. BTW, spins are very easy to get out of IRL in most planes with ratings to do them. Even on a F-16 a normal flat spin is easily countered. As long as you have enough altitude spins aren't dangerous as long as you know what you're doing and the plane can handle them. I bought Lomac when it came out, havent tried any of the addons because of Starforce. Do they still use SF? If not I'd give them a go.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I believe oleg has commented that IL-2's spins are scripted. BTW, spins are very easy to get out of IRL in most planes with ratings to do them. Even on a F-16 a normal flat spin is easily countered. As long as you have enough altitude spins aren't dangerous as long as you know what you're doing and the plane can handle them. I bought Lomac when it came out, havent tried any of the addons because of Starforce. Do they still use SF? If not I'd give them a go.

i don't understand parts of your post?Anyway unfortunately lomac still uses starfoce banghead.gif cd version only needs the cd once a week but starforce is starforce whistle.gif there is an upcoming addon black shark but i don't know if they are gonna use it again or not.

The spins are scripted in PF, the maker Oleg Maddox said so a while back I believe, This means that there a number of pre recorded spins that you can get into but they arent dependant on speed and altitude. Too bad about the starforce in Lomac etc., Wont be trying it then.

Quote[/b] ]BTW, spins are very easy to get out of IRL in most planes with ratings to do them.

Indeed, there are proceedures for spin recovery.  One of the reasons I'm looking at a new simulator is to practice those proceedures.

Thanks for the info, Kaan_ and supah smile_o.gif

-Pilot

All I do is set throttle to idle and apply full rudder towards the side I'm spinning. As soon as the spin decelerates I slowly counter it with the stick. Dont know if there is anything else I should do.

All I do is set throttle to idle and apply full rudder towards the side I'm spinning. As soon as the spin decelerates I slowly counter it with the stick. Dont know if there is anything else I should do.

My most usual recovery method is to throttle to idle, apply full reverse rudder, push the stick forward and then start the "rev" the engines a bit to get some force to the movement. Works most of the time, given enough altitude. wink_o.gif

Can you explain how you add helos to it?

Just like in FS2004. Put the aircraft's file into SimObjects > Airplanes file (you should find it), just like you'd put it into Aircraft file in FS2004. Works fairly well most of the time, depending on the aircraft and what's it made for. Sample above, my Tu-114 sitting on one of the Intl airports.

Thanks for the explanation.

fsx_ah64.jpg

The helo model loads correctly but it keeps starting the ending start-sound script whenever I touch the cyclic and none of the cockpit instruments load.

I did notice the helo flightmodel is very sluggish, but that is most likely a unfinished feature.

Well the full game has been released. I bought the deluxe edition, must say it runs a lot less mooth then the Demo did. Still tweaking the settings to get it to run smooth smile_o.gif Anyone else have any experiences to share?

The spins are scripted in PF, the maker Oleg Maddox said so a while back I believe, This means that there a number of pre recorded spins that you can get into but they arent dependant on speed and altitude. Too bad about the starforce in Lomac etc., Wont be trying it then.

Try again IL2/PF under latest patch with AFM then, because they completely reworked it, LOMAC/FC style.

I think now the scripted parts of old IL2 FMs have been removed. Same with LOMAC/FC, the old frames FMs are probably scripted, the Su25/Su-25T from FC probably aren't anymore. Impressive work.

Try again IL2/PF under latest patch with AFM then, because they completely reworked it, LOMAC/FC style.

I think now the scripted parts of old IL2 FMs have been removed. Same with LOMAC/FC, the old frames FMs are probably scripted, the Su25/Su-25T from FC probably aren't anymore. Impressive work.

I tried it a lot but the new "improved" FM's are so crazy its hilarious almost.

In unstable jets like F-16, you should also force your nose "pendulum" effect by applying stick downward when nose goes down, and upward when nose goes up, synchronized, to reinforce the movement, so that at some point your forward speed, nose down, is enough to stop the whole movement (not really sure of the flight mechanisms behind :P ) .

At least, it was presented like that in Falcon4 to get out of flat spins. Knowing that you parctically couldn't get out of inverted flat spin.

I tried it a lot but the new "improved" FM's are so crazy its hilarious almost.

FC or IL2/FB ones? FC FM is top of the notch, imho.

In unstable jets like F-16, you should also force your nose "pendulum" effect by applying stick downward when nose goes down, and upward when nose goes up, synchronized, to reinforce the movement, so that at some point your forward speed, nose down, is enough to stop the whole movement (not really sure of the flight mechanisms behind :P ) .

At least, it was presented like that in Falcon4 to get out of flat spins. Knowing that you parctically couldn't get out of inverted flat spin.

You can in a F-16, you have to "pump the nose" as it were like you described earlier. After a few pumps it will flip over into a upright position. You have to set the computer system to override in the real thing though, the switch is located at your left side panel, to the rear (IIRC). Undoable if you have your seat set to anything BUT the lowest position. In the RNLAF this manouvre is only practiced by test pilots IRL and operational pilots only do it in the Unit Level Simulator.

Ah, yes! I forgot about the override smile_o.gif You had to do this in F4 also. Too long since I flew F4 sad_o.gif

So in the real bird, you can get out of inverted? Maybe latest F4 patches and such have corrected this, then

Well, we're going way OT

Stopping, now notworthy.gif