Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Armed Assault Radio Ending

Most people don't notice the ending of the radio commands in Operation Flashpoint, but for some of us we might like something a little more modern.  This file replaces the old *squeelch* at the end of every radio command with a new more modern one as heard in Armed Assault.  Most of the people here know what I'm talking about, but for some, here is a sample.

http://media.putfile.com/RadioSample

Now the install is a little old school because I couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing with the llaumax install.

Quote[/b] ]

1.  UnPBO (UnPBO Included) your voice.pbo located in the OperationFlashpoin\DTA directory (Back it up also)

2.  Unzip the RadioReplacement.zip into your OperationFlashpoin\DTA directory, this should overwrite the old *squeelch* files.

3.  Repack(MakePBO Included) and play!

I've included the neccesary files to get this job done, but only use MakePBO because StuffPBO will NOT work!

File:

http://rapidshare.de/files/27968504/RadioReplacement.zip.html

If someone out there can implement this into a llaumax type installer, I will love you forever. Alright, maybe not, but I will thank you.

Nice one smile_o.gif

I myself hate the "beep-beep" but´ll give it a try just out of crazyness crazy_o.gif

Mirror @ofpc.de

Armed Assault Radio Ending

PS: Would you mind if someone made a .pbo Patcher executable from this ?

edit: well, it´s harder than i thought. Pbo patcher doesn´t have an executable maker, at least not one i´d find confused_o.gif

Would I mind? Ofcourse not, that's what I wanted to do in the first place smile_o.gif

Lucky me almost missed this thread.

I personally love the new "Beep beep" i thought it would be anooying in the middle of a big firefight but its not adds a whole new feel to the BIS radio sounds.

Great job. notworthy.gif

Downloading...

However Im going to make the beep beep into a ping! wink_o.gif

Nice work anyway! thumbs-up.gif

Yes! hope this can be made into one "beep/ping" it would be excellent! Just like the real thing biggrin_o.gif

Would you rather have one ping/beep? I can do that.

Is it possible to add a sound to the beginning of the radio message? I just thought it'd be great if every time someone was about to send you a message it went "Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring, bananaphone!"

I need to grow up.

Good job anyway mate, certainly does make it that more atmospheric to have a more realistic sound. Details count!

Would you rather have one ping/beep?  I can do that.

Yes please that would make this lil mod excellent inlove.gif

Just posted this in the elite sounds thread but it can't be that as i am using chammy's sound conversion! When i alter the effect's/radio/and music voume's via the option's tab at the main gui (the bit were you get three slider's) in game i can hear very different radio voices and their not the one's you hear in game.Any ideas weather it's this radion ending mod or something to do with chammy's sound mod?

Try running the sound mod on its own and if you dont get the radio sounds then its armA radio ending.

Would you rather have one ping/beep? I can do that.

Yes please that would make this lil mod excellent inlove.gif

Yes please, that would be awesome... inlove.gif

Like you hear on most US Iraq videos and such, the radios they have in the humvees right now make that sound...

Alpha 14 where is that enemy sniper over, PINGG, ehh bravo 21 enemy is on that round building over, PING, a Rogerr copy that PING...

YEAHHH!

The little things are also very important! thumbs-up.gif

Banana time for wilco!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thanks Guys the mirrors work now. Im just wondering are the radio ending's different for europe , russia and china ?