Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact Weaponpack v1.0 by Marco-Polo-IV

Silenced Weapons Hear-ability by enemy:

As it seems... the AI is having a very hard time to spot you even when only 20m away from enemy.. this especially goes for MP5, but if I'm correct... in general the silenced bullets seem too "silenced". At least... if you ask me... the AI should be able to hear the fire at 20m distance and even higher, from a silenced gun, even from an mp5...It also seems that hitting him from 20m distance, doesn't make him move/notice you either... but this is something general in ofp anyway I guess..

Enemy skill was 0.8

Is this a bug, is this by design? If it's by design, what are the reasons for these choices smile_o.gif

If it's a bug... I don't mind if you fix it or not in the next version...hehe.. but I would be more interested where to tune such values, so I can implement them directly smile_o.gif

PS.. it also seems that enemies can not spot you when firing loud rounds from 100/200m ... did I screw something up or you guys have the same problems? smile_o.gif

the mp5sd5 is the most silenced weapon in the world!

The click of the trigger is louder than the bullet leaving the barrel wink_o.gif

The click of the trigger is louder than the bullet leaving the barrel wink_o.gif

lol smile_o.gif But does that mean that if someone fires the rifle, from 20m distance... that you won't hear it or can't spot the shooter?

lol smile_o.gif But does that mean that if someone fires the rifle, from 20m distance... that you won't hear it or can't spot the shooter?

MP5sd range

Probably the guy doesn´t shoot the s5 but there should´nt be too much of a difference.

Also note the difference of recoil between sd and no/sd smile_o.gif

have I said something about hearing distances? you thought that not me!

I have no opinion bout that because I haven't heard an MP5SD5/6 in Real life!

wink_o.gif

U interpretate abit wink_o.gif

have I said something about hearing distances? you thought that not me!

I have no opinion bout that because I haven't heard an MP5SD5/6 in Real life!

wink_o.gif

U interpretate abit wink_o.gif

No you did not, hence I asked you (once more) if they could or could not hear or spot a guy that fires such rifle smile_o.gif

But anyway, too bad you don't know it either smile_o.gif

If it's a bug... I don't mind if you fix it or not in the next version...hehe.. but I would be more interested where to tune such values, so I can implement them directly smile_o.gif

You'd have to change the visible/audibleFire values of the bullet's class in CfgAmmo. Currently they're set to .025 for SDs, OFP standard is .035.

You'd have to change the visible/audibleFire values of the bullet's class in CfgAmmo. Currently they're set to .025 for SDs, OFP standard is .035.

Thank you. Already playing around with the values...

I think the problem is OFP's engine limitation about reacting to enemy fire.. Hence wise, for me... the solution is to put the values a lot higher, so you can't take out 100 enemies without even 1 noticing that he's under fire smile_o.gif

DAC of coarse makes the enemy reaction better, but still.. they will need to be able to spot/search you aswell smile_o.gif

Has anyone converted this to work as a simple addon pack as opposed to a mod? If not, does anyone have any advice as to how I'd go about doing this myself? I don't care if doing so means sacrificing certain features (like detaching suppressors), I just want to be able to use these weapons with other mods, like FFUR or FDF Mod.