Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

BD Grenade Pack v3.0

bdgpv32yn6.jpg

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>UPDATED: v3.2</span>

CHANGES:

Changes made in v3.2

-Optimized the scripting

-Added new grenades: RDG-1 Black, Red, Yellow, Green & Blue, RDG-2, RDG-3, RGD-5, and RGN

-Added impact fuze to RGO and RGN grenades

-Added Resistance soldier with earlier soviet grenade types

Changes made in v3.1

-Fixed CTD bug

-Fixed bug when throwing from prone position

-Optimized for performance

Changes made in v3.0

-Completely new models

-MP Compatability

-AI uses grenades

-New/different grenade types

-Kills register as your own

-Other small changes to increase realism

FEATURES:

-Several types of US and Soviet grenades

-Realistic models

-Bouncing, time fuzed

-MP and AI compatability

-AI view blocking smoke

-Grenades work on and inside structures

-RDG-1 smoke grenades will float

DOWNLOAD:

BD Grenade Pack v3.2.zip [2.11 MB] (OFPC.de)

Mirrors would be appreciated.

Screenshot by oyman.

Great I liked the Previous Versions alot! biggrin_o.gif

I've found a small bug...

If you throw the Russian grenade at your feet the game will ctd. Anyone else have this problem ? help.gifbanghead.gif

Could you be more specific on which grenade it is?

I have not experienced any CTD's however, it might be due to a conflict with another addon. In any case, I wouldn't recommend throwing any of the grenades at your feet, unless it's a smoke grenade. wink_o.gif

Nice work, Kyle.

I'll have to report the same problem as swtx: a CTD after the frag detonates near me. It's with the M67. The only reason I'm dropping the frag near me is that I'm prone. The frag will not fly; the spoon flies further than the frag icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, in the ReadMe is stated:

Quote[/b] ]You can find the grenade units under BDKS - Men in the mission editor, named Soldier (Grenade Pack) and Soldier (Bouncing Grenades)

But only Soldier (Grenade Pack) is in the Editor.

I ran a "clean" OFP, meaning no add-ons like DMA's Anims, or any full-blown mods, and experienced the same problem(s): CTD, no-fly frags while prone, and the missing Soldier (Bouncing Grenades) version.

Nice work, Kyle.

I'll have to report the same problem as swtx: a CTD after the frag detonates near me. It's with the M67. The only reason I'm dropping the frag near me is that I'm prone. The frag will not fly; the spoon flies further than the frag  icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, in the ReadMe is stated:

Quote[/b] ]You can find the grenade units under BDKS - Men in the mission editor, named Soldier (Grenade Pack) and Soldier (Bouncing Grenades)

But only Soldier (Grenade Pack) is in the Editor.

I ran a "clean" OFP, meaning no add-ons like DMA's Anims, or any full-blown mods, and experienced the same problem(s): CTD, no-fly frags while prone, and the missing Soldier (Bouncing Grenades) version.

The Soldier (Bouncing Grenades) was removed (from the editor list only, so any older missions using it will still work), as now all grenades bounce. Looks like I forgot to remove that part from the readme. banghead.gif Ignore that part. tounge2.gif

Also I already know about the problem with throwing them from a prone position: but the problem only occurs sometimes, the only way to fix it is to add a slight delay to the script, this could however cause them to detinate on impact at extremely close range (for example, throwing it at your feet).

As for the CTD, I can't explain why it happens. Neither me or any of the people I've tested them with have experienced any CTDs. I will see what I can do, I have some ideas to better optimize it and maybe this will fix it.

Updated to v3.1, links changed in my first post and list of changes for v3.1 added there as well.

Most importantly, I fixed (hopefully for good) the CTD bug.

Download v3.1:

BD Grenade Pack v3.1.rar [1.96 MB] (Rapidshare.de)

BD Grenade Pack v3.1.rar [1.96 MB] (YouSendIt.com)

I would also appreciate some mirros for the update.

thanks mate smile_o.gif

Errm I'm having trouble with OFPFiles right now, I'm locked out of the staff area or something so I'll mirror your new file as soon as it's fixed.

EDIT: Got it mirror is up

Errm I'm having trouble with OFPFiles right now, I'm locked out of the staff area or something so I'll mirror your new file as soon as it's fixed.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to that. If any one else would provide a mirror to the updated version it would really be apprecieated.

Woohoo !! Runs like a champ  yay.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Excellent work Kyle !

Ok, boys and girls, get ready for another update...

Version 3.2 is now available.

Changes made in v3.2

-Optimized the scripting

-Added new grenades: RDG-1 Black, Red, Yellow, Green & Blue, RDG-2, RDG-3, RGD-5, and RGN

-Added impact fuze to RGO and RGN grenades

-Added Resistance soldier with earlier soviet grenade types

Download:

BD Grenade Pack v3.2.zip [2.11MB] (OFPC.de)

Thanks to CJ/SWAT from OFPC.de for helping out.  notworthy.gif

Be sure to check out the readme if you wish to add them to units in the editor, I added an example with more specific instructions, so it should be easier.  wink_o.gif

He probably wanted go to sleep but You stopped him biggrin_o.gif

Really nice work wink_o.gif

He probably wanted go to sleep but You stopped him biggrin_o.gif

Really nice work wink_o.gif

Oh, my apologies then. And thanks.

One word replies, or as in this case, emoticon replies, are not valid on this forum, and are considered to be spam. Please avoid them in the future.

Could I know the name of those Soviet grenades in the pack? I would add them to my Soviet paratroop and Afghan war addon...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BD_RGO

BD_RGN

BD_RGD5

BD_F1

BD_RDG1

BD_RDG1Black

BD_RDG1Red

BD_RDG1Green

BD_RDG1Yellow

BD_RDG1Blue

BD_RDG2

BD_RDG3

You could have also looked in the readme...  icon_rolleyes.gif

Also don't forget when using them in an addon to use this on your units:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Eventhandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0,0] exec ""\bd_grenadepack\AddNewUnit.sqs"""

};