Sign in to follow this  
jds54

Black SUV

car pack

This is a car pack by lukemax where he enhanced mechanics car addons so the suv might be there.

when i click the d/w link for that car pack it says page cannot be displayed, is there another link or can u help me d/l it from here?

Just tested it out and there is little difference from the original addons, i wouldn't bother with it.

Aright, got ya. Guess no addon make out there is willing to make this?

I was working on fixing up Mechanics old Explorer a little bit (fixing the light bugs, etc...).   Here's a pic of it.  I don't remember if I ever fixed all the bugs, but I'll see if I can find it and release it or get it fixed up if it still has a few bugs. By the way, the CIA normally operates white SUV's in the Middle East. I used to have tons of pics of their SUV's in Afghanistan and they were all white and included Ford Explorers.

CIAExplorerAKM1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

do you think you can make the black SUV, the GM kind? would be nice to release a pack of CIA vehicles (ford, GM etc.)

If you're desperate for a BLACK suv all you have to do is DePBO any of mechanics SUVs and use PaNTool to extract the textures and change them to black.

Quick and simple way to get these cars.

@Miles Teg

I think it'd be great if you released an updated version of the Explorer with some bug fixes

where can i find texture though? i don't know how to make them.

If you convert the .paa or .pac file to .tga and open it up in an image editing program you can adjust the brightness, contract, color balance, levels, etc. and use the existing texture and make it darker

<spam>

I think a tow truck w/ a sign on the side that says "Paco + Smitty Towing" would be awesome.

</spam>

BreakerOut

A black version of Mehanic's Ford Expedition I (very roughly) slapped together.

BlackSUV.jpg

Pretty nice, how about a d/l link? biggrin_o.gif

That looks miles better!

ps - What would I need to do do just re texture addons, what tools would I need and are there tutorials?

Nice work!

Maybee the back windows a bit more tinted...

Maybee some bull bars and bumpers...

Maybee the KEEP BACK sign...

No but to get back on topic for real.

The dude who was making a proper version SUV as requested has deleted the pics from the other forum. But it looked really awesome! I asked him for some slight mods, but dont know if it will be changed...

Ive also seen footage from blackwater, in which you see black suv's with 2 military style antenna folded down like on the BIS jeep. Extra bullbars, extra gadgets all over...

I guess I can stop work on mine then.  Gnat, if you can I recommend that aside from the "keep back" signs, you might make a version with a "trunk monkey" position in back.  Trunk monkeys are what they call the rear gunner with his gun facing out of the open rear window.

trunk_20monkey.jpg

Jerry_Dominguez_Iraq_Trunkmonkey.jpg

Iraqi trunkmonkey (not as cool looking)

....wait a second....is that the same guy as in the pic above or his Iraqi twin brother? LOL!

8011448_G.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I guess I can stop work on mine then.  Gnat, if you can I recommend that aside from the "keep back" signs, you might make a version with a "trunk monkey" position in back.

I would not stop if I were you !! ... mine were an experiment only .... and very crude at that.

I am not likely to get back to them to finish them off before say ..... ArmA is released !  rofl.gif