Sign in to follow this  
jackass888

lag with 6800gt??

Stats: 3200+amd64;~1gb ram;6800gt agp;500w psu...

Win XP pro sp2;dx 9.0c;drivers 91.28; 1.96 flash GOTY

Ok i had a fx5600 before and everything run well with 30-100fps. Now i bought a gainward 6800gt and i get 10fps with same settings. Desert island is 100fps but all other are 1-10fps crazy_o.gif

And i this is without any addons. I also tried older drivers 84.21.

Even with the LOWEST settings i get 30fps when looking at a forest. HELP!!

Wow, OFP really does have incompatibilities with new, powerful hardware.

Hope you get this issue fixed as quickly as possible. sad_o.gif

It's the drivers that don't like OFP, try older versions, search around, people have recommended specific driver versions for OFP (I assume the 6800GT is an nVidia card, if it happens to be ATI, try the Omega drivers, which is what I use, and they seem to run OFP fine)

{Edit : } banghead.gif Read.. Posts.. Better, I just noticed you said you tried older drivers.. There is specific ones that work better, not sure if it's the one you tried.. Other thing to check is background processes, use Adaware, run a virus scan (Then disable the virus scanner when running OFP, could slow it down), use Startup Mechanic to make sure nothing unnessariry is starting up, then reboot..

What anti-virus program/firewall do you use? Anything like Azerus running in the background? (It tends to use a lot of memory/CPU compared to other bittorrent clients, which is a shame sad_o.gif )

..thats all I can think of, wrong drivers, background programs/viruses/spyware.. Oh, one thing, rename (to something like backup_flashpoint.cfg) your OFP/Flashpoing.cfg, and OFP/Users/You/UserInfo.cfg, then rerun the setup utility..

- Ben

Guest Ti0n3r

crap nevermind goodnight.gif

Try the 84.25 drivers, i have them for my gfx card which is a Geforce 6600 GT 256mb basically the same as yours but a 6600 its also an AGP and these drivers are perfect for my computer.

Edit - Oh and maybe try the omega drivers. Link here hope they help.

I have similar specs, and mine work good, though OFp didnt run much faster in comparison to my old Quadro (similar to fast GeForce 4Ti). I use newest drivers and it works well. The only things that make it lag alot are:

A)That 2048 Rextured Malden

B) DXDLL

I´m using the latest official beta drivers for my 6600GT AGP card with 128MB. No problem here, good performance with 1920x1200, 4xAA, 4xAF.

Are you using DXDLL?  if so, the new drivers for NVIDIA 6600 and higher won't work with Object Relections on, usually getting only 10 fps and lower as a result.

yep that was it... dxdll. i just figured it out too 1 minute before your post biggrin_o.gif

Also trileanear textures with DXDLL cause a lot of lag aswell maybe try disabling them, i did and notced no difference.

If you're brave, you might try overclocking sometime too. My 6800GTO is overclocked, with only stock cooling and it's running fine.

I'm using ATI Radeon X1300 Series 256mb and I have AMD Sempronâ„¢ Processor 3300+, 2.01 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM and my OFP lags alot. should it lag alot? I don't know alot about computers.

Shouldnt lag too much, what mods are you using? Try disabling them see if that will improve your fram rate.