Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ti0n3r

OFP:Elite sound pack

weird, I excracted to data, overwritten the sound.pbo but the seventh etc songs are still there, am I doing something wrong? I cant find any of it help.gif

The seventh songs are still there, but if nothing else is changed make sure you overwrite your RES dta folder, otherwise the RES sound folder will just overwrite the default OFP one.

These sounds are really great...the new bullet whiz is a lot better and a lot more distinct. I really like it. thumbs-up.gif

sounds good... downloading now... 74%

Great idea, had a quick go using a mod folder, no problems with an install.

Nice sounds, but ive only noticed change in the M16 and M60, grenades sound same aswell as Laws, since i dont have Ofp Elite im not sure if these sounds are changed.

Great work though.

Guest Ti0n3r

True, some sounds are still the same. But I'll fix that for the v1.1 smile_o.gif

Very nice,

I noticed in the elite sound.pbo the presence of more sound file than you can find in the PC sound.pbo

It seems there are more sounds too :

By exemple, in the orignial PC sound.pbo, you have an Abrams sound engine played for most of the tanks, in the elite version from Ti0n3r, you can find along the Abrams engine sound, some T80 ones, and a lot more sound events that are not present in the default PC version (like more variation for the sound made by walking on a specific material)

Unfortunately all those additional sounds present in the elite sound.pbo are not played despite they are there.

I guess to have those additional sounds played it would need a config to define them, like Satchel did for his sound packs.

But overall, the sounds that were replaced are really better than the PC original ones.

Surley BIS won't mind that you did this. After all BIS are legendary in the programming world for their for their openess towards inovation. Codies were nicer making speccy games

It's been a while since i used the original M60mg in OFP but this sounds freaking awsome. It reminded me of Full metal jacket, "Get some, get some".

If this is a little taster before we get ArmAss then i'm very much looking forward to the improved sounds in that.

2 words m8:

Great Stuff!

too bad some baddass OFP sounds are still present

nice work

just played online and it adds lots more atmosphere smile_o.gif. ffars sound huge now , and runing over stuff and bullets on metal etc sound real good.kinda saves me uploading 180 meg of ecp (kinda), thanks

I tryed this with a propper mission and its damn good, the sound of the boats are much better, then when 50cals open up then artillery starts landing, then everyone gets out the boats and starts shooting up the enemy. Makes for some awesome atmosphere. Great work.

Excellent job Ti0n3r,I was wondering if OFP:E sounds would ever be in OFP,especially the heavier sounding tank treads, thumbs-up.gif

Good work, havent tried out the new steyr and g36a but will do soon.

Ive noticed not many sounds are replaced. The Ak and M16 reloading sounds are the same, even though in ofp there are 2 different sound files for this. Tanks sound the same and explosions.

But the sounds that are replaced sound awsome. Hopefully these sounds will all be added in 'v1.1' which i cant wait for.

Great job.

Guest Ti0n3r

Ah nevermind, I misread your post. Sorry.

Like stated before: AWESOME!

I'm just curious about one thing... is there any way to convert [?] OFP:E Infantnry models to OFP? And animations? And it'd be legal? ArmAss will be whole new game, and Xbox OFP:E has no counterpart in any PC Game, so is there any chance, we'll get the great OFP:E models and anims?

Guest Ti0n3r

Yes, it's possible to convert the models, with a bit of work.

PS: The animations aren't that good though. (And they look funky if you convert them to the PC version).

Example;

anime16wj.th.jpg anime26vx.th.jpg anime36iz.th.jpg

Very nice sound pack. Prefer this to everything else. Though the only downside is when things are being run over. It sounds horrible.

But good job.

Nice pack indeed, but I hadn't notice any changes. huh.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Nice pack indeed, but I hadn't notice any changes. huh.gif

Use a mod folder and it should work smile_o.gif

Wow..could you do an animation pack? That running anim looks really great in elite and I'm sure it could be used as a base for creating new animations as well.

Guest Ti0n3r

It would be possible, but I'd have get rid of this first (look at his feet) wink_o.gif

feete5vx.th.jpg

Edit: Sanctuary, you were right. It worked with BIS Man4 - Man9.