Sign in to follow this  
Sarge6754

widescreen resolutions

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armaE3wwiiec3.jpg

I stumbled across this screenshot of the Arma options menu on OFP.info. What troubles me is that I see no widescreen resolutions in that list of resolutions. It looks like the maximum resolution the game goes up to is 1280x1024... The first OFP supported true widescreen and wide aspect ratios from the start, which was wonderful. Hopefully, the cause of this problem in the picture is the fact that the monitor they were displaying Arma on could only support 1280x1024 maximum res, thus only the proper resolutions for that monitor were listed in the game menu... confused_o.gif

I love playing OFP in widescreen and I know I'd love Arma in widescreen, too. So, was anyone here at the E3 presentation? If so, can you tell us if Arma supported widescreen?

I hope so! yay.gif

I think you are correct.

I can't say for certain weather this is applicable to ArmA, but most games released recently only show resolutions that system supports. Sometimes this is the same resolution list you have in windows. Usually this has more to do with your monitor than anything else.

OFP is this way. After I got my widescreen monitor I was able to choose 1680x1050 from OFP settings where I did not have that option with my old monitor.

*EDIT for grammer

It's been stated in another thread that ArmA does have native support for widescreen resolutions. Personally I seriously hope this is true as I have a widescreen monitor on route via UPS as we speak ... wink_o.gif.

Well. Judging by one of the photos somebody posted in another topic. Some of the monitors that IDEA used for ArmA presentation were Acer AL1916W, which are widescreen. So, hopefully, that means that native widescreen resolutions will be supported. smile_o.gif

I think even OFP has widescreen support because when I got my 30" Dell widescreen, I had options for 1920x1440 and 2560x1600 etc. in OFP and I've been playing it at 1920x1440 since my Nvidia 7800GTX apparently doesn't like the native resolution for games since it's only 256MB. Time to upgrade again, I s'pose.

From what I've seen, OFP will allow you to choose any resolution that your desktop will allow, which is nice.

I play OFP 1 at 1920x1080 resolution, it's awesome on my 24" wide-lcd. But, glad to hear that Arma will also support these resolutions natively, I cannot understand why some modern games still don't support widescreen natively.

OFPR supports widescreen so there is no point why not support it in ArmAs ...

plus use Search it was asked in multiple threads in past months