Sign in to follow this  
sniper pilot

Advanced Character Custimization

This idea is really expanding from the everything is an addon that was stated in a magazine article not too far back.

Ok so you have the mission editor. You place a unit down and edit it. Sorted by side a drop down menu has choices of units (Example for OFP):1 civilian unit, 1 east unit, 1 west and resitance unit. Now your like "What only 4 units for the whole game and only 1 per side?!". im getting to the good part soon... Ok the menu shows you can randomize hight, looks, and the weight of the unit(person). But there is a icon that reads Advanced. You click it and it opens a new window. In this shows a 3d model showing the unit you placed in his baisc wear (Boxers and undershirt etc.). heres the drop down selections:

(i will explain how it would work to mod somthing like this later.)

-Apearance

In this area you can customize anything from the eyebrows to the hieght of this person. In a way system of like (dare i say it) Sims 2.

-Equipment

Clothing; from the BDUs to the Armor vests. With a mecanic of the MOLLE system you will be able to customize your tactical vest with more pouches and other MOLLE aplications. You will be able to choose between communitcation devices and diferent types of useful items. You can choose different helmets. the list goes on to include backpacks and so on.

-Weapons

Simple. Choose the weapon and how many mags you can carry based on how many pouches that can hold that type of mag. Weapons will be custimizable with the weaver mechanic. (That means moders will be able to create mods like lasers and scopes.)

-Misc.

These are all the other mechanics that make up the character creation. Like injuries and other next gen mechanics.

I have to go but when i come back ill explain how would this work for moders.

It'd be better if there were several units per side (officer, soldier, machine gunner, medic, etc.) that you could customize those basic units existing loadouts and uniforms.  If there were only four units, then to create a mission the user would have to spend a lot of time customizing individual units.

It'd be better if there were several units per side (officer, soldier, machine gunner, medic, etc.) that you could customize those basic units existing loadouts and uniforms. If there were only four units, then to create a mission the user would have to spend a lot of time customizing individual units.

i frogot to add you could have presets...

like that modders put in or you your self have found that you did alot

Well, the apearance should be random...so a couple soldiers (the same model) placed in the editor wouldn`t look the same...

Would be nice if they included some CWC faces, I mean updated ones, but you know, the faces we know already...

what about a selection to be left or right handed ?

I second Gonk's idea, problem is that most weapons are right handed, causing addon makers many problems if they choose to include weapons such as the SA80 or Steyr (the latter of which has a left-handed version, which I use tounge2.gif ).

A step down from Sniper-Pilot's idea, it would be nice to have a base model, and then have the 3d model "customise" depending upon which gear you have. For example, pick up mags? Those mags appear stuffed into the necessary pouch. Hand grenades? Hanging from the harness.

Man, I would love it if I could do that. I guess I am a kind of customization whore, but I just want to be able to do that to everything. This would be great especially for multiplayer. I can get into the game alot more when I get to choose what i look like.

May I dare to say this too, but a personality editor like in Sims 2 would be great. Physique or psycic abilities would be nice. Psycic would be like; how much damage can you take before you go mental yay.gif (like the banana), or how stressed you get in a firefight and actions like reloading or targeting will be a lot harder to do. Maybe driving cars to. But back to the point. And if you choose to much of one ability or strength, you get lifelong diseases or problems as being a bleeder or  needing medicals to keep your body calm. So my point is that you can choose good abilities for your soldier, but you get back bad things too. Tony hawk's underground has a cool feature where you post a picture of yourself to the activision central, and you get a fully detailed THUG head of yourself back thumbs-up.gif That would be nice too

Cheers from a place where polarbears roam in the streets

Bloodnick