Sign in to follow this  
Psycho1

Things dissapear when inside certain buildings

I used the building Househospoda_mesto in one of my missions, and when you step inside, vehicles, buildings, and objects on the outside dissapear.  This occurs no matter which window I'm at in this building.  Sometimes while moving through this building near a window more objects dissapear as well.  I tested this building on perfectly flat ground, slightly sloped, and very uneven ground with the same results.  Everything doesn't dissapear on the outside, only a few buildings, vehicles, etc.  I tested this with only several buildings and vehicles, still happens.  This occurs with Housedum_mesto_in as well.  I would really like to use these two buildings, has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution to things dissapearing? All other buildings do not have this problem.

This is probably because of either graphicle flaw or static imagry.

static imagery? Could you elaborate on that a bit plz.

The weird thing is that it likes to ignore this one particular house 100%, one just flashes on and off screen depending on the position you are at, and the wire I have strung around is never seen, neither is the camo shed. I replaced some of the surrounding buildings, repositioned the house causing problems, but I still have stuff dissapearing:( All is fine with every other house that you can enter, it's just those two houses I mentioned above that are giving me grief. Those are the two coolest houses too dang it, lol.

Yeah, I'm not sure what Rob meant either, but this problem occurs with lots of glass in ofp. Sometimes in tanks.

If you are using the editor upgrade, that could be the cause of it, as it is known to be a bit buggy.

There's another way of adding buildings, look here

This had happened to me (was a real bitch, on the stage where you gotta steal the documents from guba's place, and I'd been seen entering the building) and I haven't used any unofficial upgrades.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Jan. 23 2002,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are using the editor upgrade, that could be the cause of it, as it is known to be a bit buggy.

There's another way of adding buildings, look here<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not using the editor upgrade. I've been to that link before, that's how I insert buildings. I'm going to do some more testing on this, because I've played missions where I've been in that house and had no dissapearing problems.

Today i recognized the same thing even when i stood

in front of a building (on jungle everon/3rd person view)

It seems that there might be some failure in the calculation

of view, when using some stuff, not generated by BIS.

I also mean, when using houses (made by BIS) placed

anywhere by ourselfes. One time i created a big town

on dessert island, and it looked nice when watching out

of a window and only seeing wide boring open desert.

Try just moving the rectangle of view, and you'll see that

the outside scenery will appear, disappear and so on.

You also can't see what's behind the non existing (hehe)

background (i mean soldiers or other self placed objects).

But this ain't a bug, more this is what happens, if you

try to manipulate wonderful already existing places (hehe).

static imagry are picture images that dont really exsist around an object. On MOHaa on the hunt level in multiplayer goto the artillary cannon and if you find it then you will be able to run through at least half of it. This is static imagry.

another way of explaining it.. You have a modelled square 1m by 1m. You are able to add a picture twice the size of that around the square. but if you were to put your hand in it, it would flow through the enlarged picture and you would only be able to feel the real model in the middle...

it does seem pretty confusing so if your not a advanced computer user then i wouldn't worry about it.... wink.gif

I tested Househospoda_mesto and Housedum_mesto_in today using different islands and nothing changes.....I did a test on each island on very flat terrain and hilly terrain, and it refuses to show these objects: wire, fortification1, fortification2, camo shed, flags, and lots more:(.  No matter what I did..adjust Z values, change position of the buildings, etc., it just will not show these objects while in the building looking through a window.  When you look out the door you can see the objects there, when you look out the window right at the objects you just saw a few seconds ago, they are no where to be seen.

Notice that these two buildings are the only ones which appear to have glass covering the windows, all other enterable buildings appear to not have any glass in the windows.  This is kinda annoying because lots of my objects will not appear when in these houses, rendering these two houses practically useless to me.  When I recall playing missions with these houses, their weren't many objects around, none of the ones I tested anyway.  I find it peculiar that it likes to discriminate against specific objects.

It's a generaic transparency bug in OFP.

Likewise, if you stand on one side of a car and looks at yourself from the other side, through it's windows, you can only see your clothing, not the head or hands!

Chopper rotors and planepropellers does the same when spinning fast. the trasparent part of the blur will reveal the grass behind an object.

Does BIS know of this problem?  I see a VERY simple solution to fix it....just take out the glass in the windows on these two buildings.  Of course if they fixed the bug all together that would be better, but just taking out the glass wouldn't take that long I imagine.

AAHH finally, thankyou WKK someone who knows what im talking about..... i hope you people learnt something! wink.gif