Sign in to follow this  
franze

LHT-8 "Katar" Light Hovertank

Greetings, all!

I present to you, the LHT-8 Light Hovertank, dubbed Katar:

lht8_front1.jpg

Features:

- Fast speed - can attain 90-100kmh, or up to 160kmh with boost!

- Won't trigger traditional AT mines

- Emergency medical system - crew is healed when wounded

- Ejection system - automatic and manual, can save you from a gruesome end!

- Jump Jets - limited flight capability and obstacle clearing

You can get it here - be sure and read the readme!

More Screens:

lht8_front.jpg

lht8_side.jpg

Enjoy!

This is an absoltuely fun vehicle. Boom-n-zoom, or, do bob up attacks with the jumpjets biggrin_o.gif

I especially like the ability to drive over AT mines without detonating them, and the eject system is great, less need to worry about being PK'd (Pilot Killed).

Some of the best texture work i have seen in years. notworthy.gif

I see a face error on the front of the turret. Is that supposed to be there? confused_o.gif

Looks more like a targeting sensor. The Abrams has one of those in real life.

There's no texture error on the turret - the reflective glass are the sensor windows.

@Canadian Terror

It's supposed to look like that. The paint job represents a kind of mercenary-nomadic mix, sort of like indian war paint.

@Sniper Skull

What, red doesn't suit you? pilot.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's supposed to look like that. The paint job represents a kind of mercenary-nomadic mix

I just see MS paint

Seriously, the addon could be a lot better looking if some effort was put into it. I'm just being honest here.

Look at the barrel. crazy_o.gif

Seriously, the addon could be a lot better looking if some effort was put into it.

Same would go for so many other addons, no?

You could always load up the simple demo mission included with the package and give it a try there to see if you like it.

EDIT: By the way, the AH-64 that me and Nodunit did - he did the textures for it with MS Paint.

Quote[/b] ]It's supposed to look like that. The paint job represents a kind of mercenary-nomadic mix

I just see MS paint

Seriously, the addon could be a lot better looking if some effort was put into it. I'm just being honest here.

Look at the barrel. crazy_o.gif

To me, the function and capabilities, not the looks, counts more than anything. That's just me though.

Same here, It fits perfectly in my mech/heavygear mod folder.

I like the fact it's got some speed at a cost of fuel. Seems it can shoot down helos with it's main gun.......found that out firsthand. smile_o.gif

All in all, nice tank Franze.

Hope we see some heavygear goodies in armed assault Franze

Heavy gear inlove.gif

Urm... has anyone else noticed, that when you eject, you can get back in the ejectionseat and drive it around like a car? rofl.gif

Otherwise, it's pretty nice, flys brilliantly

EDIT: By the way, this "HHT-3 "Sledgehammer" Metioned in the readme sounds quite interesting, well... the name does anyway tounge2.gif

I can't get back in the ejectionseat sad_o.gif

tounge2.gif

Anyways, anyone else noticed that the scope of the rifle is the Mitshubishi-mark, turned upside down.

Pretty obvious...

Seriously, the addon could be a lot better looking if some effort was put into it.

Same would go for so many other addons, no?

You could always load up the simple demo mission included with the package and give it a try there to see if you like it.

EDIT: By the way, the AH-64 that me and Nodunit did - he did the textures for it with MS Paint.

I don't remember doing any textures for the tank O.o

Just remember speeding around and "jumping' all around the place and getting stuck in forests...heheh...good times.. rofl.gif

Do you have your settings on Low or is that supposed to look like that?

I'm just asking.

What happened to your 'Constructive Criticism TM' recently, mate? tounge2.gif

Not every single addon has to feature uber hi-res textures that were manufactured for weeks in photoshop, so take it easy... whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I don't remember doing any textures for the tank

You did do the textures on the Apache and Kiowa - which was my point. wink_o.gif

But that's beside the point. The idea behind this thing is to have a fast moving tank with some unique features and quirks - get pummled by a T-72 and you'll see what I mean.

@JW

I only just now noticed that. Triangles weren't a great idea? pilot.gif

Yes my comment wasnt all that constructive...I realize.

I'm a bad man.

But, if it is a fun addon to play with, whats the harm in making it "look" better? It makes for a more rounded addon.

Theres a lot of sci fi stuff coming out and if you have the skills...why not give it a longer shelf life so it can be used with other addons?

EDIT: What I mean is I used to texture for Total Annihilation (rts game) like 5 years ago...I used very simple textures on very low poly models. You can still make an addon look better without going super duper hi rez.

Like this or this or this or this.

sorry but i must to be hard, because i work actually on a sci-fi project and i know how it's difficult to make a good model for ofp.

1) you textures aren't good at all

2) your model is too simple, you should add some details

3) personally for one texture, i use two weeks and more, and you?

but i like the idea, and i can help you if you want.

this is my opinion,I know that, that goes to hurt you, but I prefer honest being. because with this kind of comment, you can improve you skill. wink_o.gif

Canadian Terror is always hard with me, and i thank it tounge2.gif

Jesus Christ! You guys have really gone to work on this guy. Leave the poor boy alone will you. If you don't like the textures make your own or offer help. You faggits really get on my tits.

no, you don't understand, i wan to help him. if i say

"wow good job"; how could it improve?

I am not a egoist, I want to be honest and to help him.

it's possible to make better textures. ( for your choppers too wink_o.gif i use your puma actually ); but i want to help him; i followed a lot of tuts to improve my skills, i know that he can do a better job.

i just want to be honest, because he needs the truth wink_o.gif

Still, you guys are assuming that everybody wants to make hi-quality hi-poly hi-shine stuff. Maybe this was just a simple quick addon made for fun? whistle.gif

Canadian, I'm not being sarcastic. I've always appreciated your comments for being very constructive and pointing out the real bugs & problems (unlike most people comments here). So don't take it too personally. wink_o.gif

wow the master notworthy.gif you are my god for the building modellling tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Still, you guys are assuming that everybody wants to make hi-quality hi-poly hi-shine stuff. Maybe this was just a simple quick addon made for fun?

yep, but it's impossible to have fun with low polys models wink_o.gif

To clarify:

Firstly, if you want to let loose with the whole battalion of howitzers, go ahead. I remember from the first addons I released - it doesn't bother me now. Besides, if it really mattered, the mods would come in and give you guys hell.

I can't tell you what or what not to judge on an addon, whether it's serious or not.

Second, it wasn't intended to look good or real super fancy. I intended for it to be a simple, no-frills, fun-to-use, unit to break up monotony. It was about a 10-15 minute project that started out with "Hey, it might be cool to put that script on this vehicle class." - If you don't like that, then more power to ya.

Thirdly, along the same lines as above, this isn't supposed to be a 'career making' addon. Doesn't it get kind of lame using BIS T-55s as opponents when everything else is a completely different style? That's what this (and other addons like it) are for.

@D@nte,

As this isn't a full fledged project, no thanks. It uses 3 512x512 textures that I drew up in the span of probably 10-15 minutes (I wasn't keeping track of time, you know - the whole point was to make it fun to do) and a few scripts modified to work with a land vehicle.

@CanadianTerror

I have to admit, you are sounding a bit hypocritical here - but to be frank, I'm not sure it matters. Sorry that you don't enjoy it.

So ladies and gents, say what you want about it. I'm too stubborn and deaf to care these days. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@CanadianTerror

I have to admit, you are sounding a bit hypocritical here

How so?

Because I critiqued it?

I also offered up the fact that you dont need hi rez texes to help this project out and showed some examples of that. If you just want praise...then no, i didnt offer that.