Sign in to follow this  
Hitcher

Carwars 2

carwl.jpg

download it HERE

a lot of news, vehicles, units(unities) and especially a weapons pack and musics from my friend Brutal Scal and I.

The island is also improved and you will need MAP_oiladdon ( ofp.info ).

The mission will show you all the work.

Thank you to those who participated in the mod:

Harvey Russell, my friend without him I shall have made some shit with this mod:lol:

Aeon for some weapons sound.

The phoenixx for "rapid" picture.

GCS0030.jpg

GCS0031.jpg

GCS0032.jpg

YEAH! This is the most innovative mod/addon pack sine LegaWarz!

It looks great, but i keep getting errors every time i try to open the RAR file. I've downloaded it twice with the same problem each time, and also tried opening it with both WinRAR and WinACE, again with the problem sad_o.gif

Thanks SWAT, i tried your download link and had no problems with the file.

This mod is really great i thought. I had a quick play around with the stuff and played some of the mission included and found it great. Defiantly something i will keep going back to for some pistols.gif

The addons dont look as good as other stuff, but that doesn't matter as its just alot of fun to play with them.

Got some screenshots while i was playing around with the stuff:

CarWars1s.jpg CarWars3s.jpg CarWars4s.jpg

Also mirror here if anyone needs it.

i´d like to see the car of Mad Max... is it in the pack (and with same color?)

A campaign is making by Harvey Russell, on twilight island (very nice map).

New addons will be with it.

cya

Again, very nice addon pack! Iv been playing with it for a few hours. Getting a bunch of punks and Max's to run at each other in a town results in a very nice, drawn out, and intense fire fight i find biggrin_o.gif especially with the shotguns being not too accurate and limited ammo.

Also, yay! my islands finally being used for somthing tounge2.gif

Just finished playing the mission. Very good. I like the roaming gangs of cars. And the map is perfect for this mission. If somebody can help you with some cutscenes at the end of the mission that would be great - we all need Catharsis... especially after such a long mission!! At least him driving off into the sunset or something...

Some points. (just suggestions, NOT criticisms)

The main character model's Pilot view LOD has an Night Vision Goggles proxy included - you need to remove this in O2, just from that LOD, otherwise they show up and obscure the player's view.

The Cobra Cannon - very powerful - (maybe a bit bit too powerful??) it defeats just about everything in the mission, in fact, it was easier just to snipe away Enemy vehicles (especially in the last town) than destroy them with the custom Mustang's vulcan cannon.

1 shot = 1 car - ie, AI bails, and the car explodes soon after.

perhaps

3 shots = 1 car might balance this out.

(But I guess the mission was hard enough already - so maybe this is important)

But yes, I tend to get out of my precious cars and go out and just take pot-shots at the enemy with the Cobra Cannon (it is an excellent way to get new vehicles - shoot once, then repair and viola! new car)

Shotgun ironsights for SPAS, RAPIDSCHE and CANON are untextured. But I guess you can shoot from the hip with these anyway. (Personally I just use the UZI)

Anyway, nice work, hope you get more attention and help with this.

smile_o.gif

Thanks you Jgrey for your suggest, that's true and i saw some errors too.

I don't understand what you mean with "ironsight" cause if its optik i did it.

about cobra canon 's dammage

Did you see "robocop", cobra canon is powerfull.lol

Nice.

I admit I miss the music from your first Car Wars release.

I mean the one that plays at the very start of the mission.

Also, wish I could play the old mission too, after adding the new stuff, but that's okay notworthy.gif hehe

Just one observation, I noticed that when driving the main car when in the 3rd person perspective that the red taillights cause you to see through the tires ...this only happen at certain angles (extreme top view or was it extreme bottom view from ground level? one of those two views...).

Other than that two thumbs up

Later,

---IceFLYER

think you just need to polish it up a bit , a good pack since i like mad max biggrin_o.gif

Great mod dude! I love the cobra gun the way it is...robocop is one of my favorite movies. Still have the Nes cartridge around here somewhere. I think thats where the name cobra gun came from biggrin_o.gif

I need to start looking for more addons that fit this mod of yours.

Many...many..many moons ago there was a toy line that took heavy roadworking equipment and mounted armor and guns on them. The toys were cool and captured the whole post apocalyptic feeling. Might be cool to make something similar.

the predator addon I think he means

but WHOHOO! downloading this now I LOVE this carwars mod, thank you hitcher! ! ! !

some screens from Harvey s campaign in next mod update:

cap1.jpg

cap2.jpg

cap3.jpg

alien ?  

i don't understand   crazy_o.gif

Those aliens who were released for OFP some time ago wink_o.gif

Heh, i trew these units in the DAC with an unlimited respawn, and ive played a fully dynamic mission with them for hours biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Heh, i trew these units in the DAC with an unlimited respawn, and ive played a fully dynamic mission with them for hours

Let us try your mission please!

Quote[/b] ]Heh, i trew these units in the DAC with an unlimited respawn, and ive played a fully dynamic mission with them for hours

Let us try your mission please!

No, it heavily depends on my own config.cpp to make it playable, so there is no point, really  wink_o.gif

(If you need my DAC units config i can post it here, but its pretty basic wink_o.gif )