Sign in to follow this  
Blanco

Play OFP with voice recognition software

I admit, I never liked playing as an officer,just too many menu's and buttons....

I'm using game commander (not free) with OFP for 3 days now, and damn I love it. It's a whole new experience.

It's fast, it feels natural and it really works for me.

Who's using Game commander or any other voice recognition (freeware?) program and what's your experience?

There's a program called Shoot for free - but I never really liked it.

i use shoot in single player alot, its v-good, define some keys and it works together nicely. cant use mp, cause usually on ts wink_o.gif.

You can use game commander with teamspeak or any other voice chat program, you only have to define a push-to-talk button to switch over. I'm working on a profile now for GB handsignals system to get the real feeling smile_o.gif

http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

Shoot looks good aswell.

I've used the software that comes with the MS Sidewinder Gamevoice hardware before. Had a profile set up that recognised all the commands i used frequently to order AI around (like fall back into formation, all advance, hold fire etc) and bound the relative F1 etc keys to the vocal orders. Worked really well. Might go set it up again now i've read this biggrin_o.gif

I played OFP with the freeware voice recognition software shoot.

Worked fine, but after a loss of the data, i whas to lazy to train the software again.

An 8 out of 10... It's fun because you can give your orders while you are fighting, running, whatever... (you can't eat tho)

It's a lot easier to coordinate suprise attacks.

I'm doing things now I never did before because it took too much time. (or I was too lazy)

eg : ordering a wounded guy to stay back. micro management that save the lives of my men.

I have to play with headphones because background sounds confuses the recognition software.

Beside that it's faster, it's flexible, it feels natural to command your men via voice and it's reliable 95% of the time.

I only have minor problems with the command "9" and "line", I have to articulate a bit or else GC swaps both commands.

I can always change "line" into "form line"...

I also use it in flight sims like iL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten battles & Pacific fighters.

I'm dreaming of Arma with TrackIR and game commander notworthy.gif

sounds very good. Downloading the shoot software but dont know if im downloading the right thing.

Current am downloading Shoot 1.6 + .NET Framework + SR engine will i need to download Shoot 1.6.3 and Shoot 1.6.4

Anyway hope this works sounds very usefully. Ive always been useless at commanding squads maybe ill get a bit better.

Edit - Okay installed it all fine but not got a clue what to do next?

Edit2 - Had a go with the trial version of game commander its very good for what i can do but i can only have 1 key stroke so i cant tell it to do 9,5,1,1 only just one number.

So no use really unless i buy the full thing.

Edit3 - Maged to get Shoot working and guess what its already got a flashpoint profile goto profile and open up flashpoint.xml and theres every command in the game ready for you no need to assign anything else

Edit3 - Maged to get Shoot working and guess what its already got a flashpoint profile goto profile and open up flashpoint.xml and theres every command in the game ready for you no need to assign anything else

download link to shoot having ofp's profile???

im dying to try this out........

Ha! Good that this is brought up again, i saw a link about this some time ago but after a format i lost the program and i couldnt remember the name biggrin_o.gif

I was totally unaware of this voice reckognition software 'till now, tnx guys for all the information so far. I guess OFP will give me some more hours of fun before ArmA comes out, eh? Just downloaded Shoot 1.6.4, i'll give it a try...

well if you go on the download page of shoot then you require .net thing and the sound recognition software if you dont have eitehr there at teh top of the page.

Then install shoot 1.6

in that order then open shoot goto files/open and search for flashpoint.xml in the profiles page. Open that and it will show you every command there is and what to say for it to work. Very usefull to edit the .xml open it in notepad scroll to the bottom and copy and paste the last command editing it as necesary to add more commands like custom sounds.

Hope this helps, its very good to control sqauds now no more stopping to order your squad to do things. But shoot is not compatible with TS, if you are on TS you cant use shoot unless you switch your mic off in TS then you can use shoot.

OK got shoot up and running with OFP. Results are fantastic! You can even give little-used orders like "two, move fifty metres West" and "Watch Direction south East" stuff like that. You can be laying down some fire on an area and spot an enemy off to one side then bark a target order out to a squadmember without letting up on your own firing. Great find biggrin_o.gif

Only one problem so far, works fine to start with, but after a while of playing there appears to be a delay in the spoken orders and the in-game response. Dunno if that's a faliure of my hardware rather than Shoot though. Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote[/b] ]You can even give little-used orders like "two, move fifty metres West" and "Watch Direction south East" stuff like that.

You can also simply select a unit, hit the ALT key and leftclick to make him watch in a certain direction smile_o.gif

I'm using Game commander & I have a short delay during heavy fights , but it's not that long, it's negligible in fact.

thnks i got shoot but no ofp profile yet

the link deanos posted is not working

can any1 post shoot's flashpoint profile?

Anybody try this playing Multiplayer?

Any issues, like Lagging out server or Lagging out missions? (such as CTI Type missions response would be great)

Sounds like this would be great for CTI type games!

I know my fingers do a lot of walking as Com in those types of games.

Also how to you get around a full group feeding you info when the mission gets into full action?

example: All the troups start to report enemy activity such as Tank at 12:00 o'clock....

I know my headphones get real busy sometimes, (can't hear yourself think, LOL)

one thing i dislike when you say "squad" your cursor changes so you cant keep shooting until you finish the orders but apart from that its much better.

Quote[/b] ]the link deanos posted is not working

working fine here ,left click link, once at sight right click and save as, its just an xml file that goes into shoot/profile.

here

thnks i got shoot but no ofp profile yet

the link deanos posted is not working

can any1 post shoot's flashpoint profile?

Flashpoint profile is in downloaded shoot directory allready (shoot/profiles).

thnkx alot guys......it works..... a very unique experience.......man i luv it......

"2 kick his ass" - Target soldier tounge2.gif