Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Mediterranean-style Island

Looks like a very nice flag, something I could easily see waving from a flagpole at this island smile_o.gif

Half of the flipping credits are gonna be Myst9999. tounge2.gif Very nice design which I plan to use, I'm just curious as to what it says? whistle.gif

weez ownzzz yoooz ll33t haxoors

on greek of course rofl.gif

As far as what it says *uses same joke from ofp.info forums* It's all Greek to me. tounge2.gif

But seriously, I'm not quite sure if it says what I meant it to say. crazy_o.gif

Blame internet translators.

Yeah but Myst9999, what did you type into the translator?!

EDIT: Okay, judging from the OFP.Info forums, am I gonna get a slap if I ask a Greek member what that says? tounge2.gif

Dont think so, unless the Greek like to put dirty stuff on their dictionaries.

That doesnt sound right crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

any news of an update? flag looks gd looks familiar but not!

bootneckofficer

I dont know about western med. but in eastern med. - agean you will not find buildings like those, instead you will find flat rooftops (no terracota) and %95 of the buildings are pure white colored. More than half of them have sun panels and a water depot on the terrace and of course satellite dishes.

The roads are also narrow, just a few main roads are wide, other than that houses are seperated by narrow pathways of dirt, cobblestone, etc...

Got the cobbled alley ways and narrow streets/roads sorted. Until someone makes some decent (Resistance quality) buildings like those these fit okay.  wink_o.gif

I'll get some more pics up some point soon bootneck, started filling out some of the more barren areas with forests, has a nice atmosphere to it.  smile_o.gif

EDIT: Ah, forgot to add, I've started mapping out a little WW2 Campaign played from the view from a German paratrooper and a Lighthouse Keeper turned partisan. Nice and strange playing from both sides. whistle.gif

After speaking to some actual greek people (thanks HWM thumbs-up.gif ), I made a revision to the flags motto. Now I know exactly what it says (and its not dirty, as much fun as that could have been tounge2.gif ).

Revised flag.

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Ah, forgot to add, I've started mapping out a little WW2 Campaign played from the view from a German paratrooper and a Lighthouse Keeper turned partisan. Nice and strange playing from both sides.

I like it. thumbs-up.gif

There we go. Finally have a good reason to use that emoticon. Looking forward to this island, keep up the nice work.

Thanks for the comments, and thanks for the flag Myst9999. smile_o.gif

heya

great idea to have a campaign, any chance the 2 characters will meet? Please can u have the lighthouse keeper either with a huge beard ARgh(!wink_o.gif or looking like Telly Savalas?

bootneckofficer

I dont know about western med. but in eastern med. - agean you will not find buildings like those, instead you will find flat rooftops (no terracota) and %95 of the buildings are pure white colored. More than half of them have sun panels and a water depot on the terrace and of course satellite dishes.

The roads are also narrow, just a few main roads are wide, other than that houses are seperated by narrow pathways of dirt, cobblestone, etc...

95% crazy_o.gif Don't overdo it mate, its more like 70%, and then only in the Kyklades. Its less in the Dodekanissa and almost not at all in the Ionian Sea.

heya

great idea to have a campaign, any chance the 2 characters will meet? Please can u have the lighthouse keeper either with a huge beard ARgh(!wink_o.gif or looking like Telly Savalas?

bootneckofficer

whistle.gif

Looking very impressive dan, got further then me with the island I was going to create.. heh

heya long time no squeak,

just wondered what you were planning for the water/river illusion? most islands have no valley bottoms with any "evidence of a river", but its not as hard as people think, just put water loving plants in the bottom of the valley, some rounded boulders and rocks (not the huge ones) and bobs ur uncle! would also be good if these valleys were surrounded by the olive groves, an ruinous "mills" etc.

bootneckofficer

p.s sorry about dragging the thread back to the front

p.p.s if you do have an airfield, dont put it on the smallest island, like the lil island on nogova (krasnowatjimicallit), its unrealistic, humans are lazy in nature, they dont want to have to go by sea to a lil island to get a plane! (lazy ish!wink_o.gif

Hey, thanks for the interest. I've just realised I can copy all the objects onto a new terrain without losing all the roads, so I'm open to suggestions again on the terrain elevations. biggrin_o.gif

First on the list will be making the airport a little more sensible and realistic, then adding some Med style valleys, rivers and gorges. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]First on the list will be making the airport a little more sensible and realistic

yay.gif

The island is sounding very good!

-Pilot

Anyone know a good layout for a small single strip airport? Basically, as small and as realsitic as is practical for OFP..

Gonna go sift through Google Earth...