Sign in to follow this  
AtR

Igla

Anyone fancy doing a Starstreak HVM (High Velocity Missile) Lightweight Multiple Launcher?

star4.jpg

I've now mapped and textured it. Brought it in o2 to see how it looked.

screenie

Note that the texture isn't finished yet.

Very nice looking Igla! Please finish it and release it for the community... Too many promising addons that never get released. wink_o.gif

It's beautiful biggrin_o.gif

Good job so far !

Tankie, The Frenchpoint team have a Mistal system released that looks similar to that starstreak. Are they perhaps the same weapon, just called a different name by the French and British?

In-game shot

I stole Franze's Igla config values for it; works nicely.

It needs some position tweaking to get the hands look decent. But there's only so much I can do about it. :/

Nice work, Gux!

Any plans for some more hand held missile systems?

Quote[/b] ]any updates ?

I've completed the missile so there's only lods and some texture finish left.

Quote[/b] ]What's the polycount on that thing?

It's 1459 faces currently.

Does anyone know how to switch model when there's no ammo left? It would be neat to have the tube to be empty after firing.

You're gonna need this in your config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

model="\Your_weap\Your_weap_empty.p3d";

modelSpecial="\Your_weap\Your_weap.p3d";

There is an unwanted side effect, however, the 'empty' model will be used everytime the launcher is on soldier's back. confused_o.gif

You're gonna need this in your config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

model="\Your_weap\Your_weap_empty.p3d";

modelSpecial="\Your_weap\Your_weap.p3d";

There is an unwanted side effect, however, the 'empty' model will be used everytime the launcher is on soldier's back. confused_o.gif

Aw, that's lame; but luckily it won't be apparent unless you go into 3rd person and look from above in the right angle. Thanks for the info.

Gux,

modelSpecial requires a separate magazine entry in order to function. I.E., you have igla_launcher and then igla_missile. igla_missile needs only to be a simple extension of igla_launcher, and igla_launcher just needs a magazines={igla_missile}; entry to utilize this.

All that's needed after this is to add the weapon and the magazine to a unit, and it ought to work.

Although if you've already got it setup this way, disregard.

Gux - Looking good...

AgentFox2 - I hope you decide to finish those up.. they look awesome and we need a replacement for the BIS stinger. Did you ever start work on a Redeye lancher?

lol his last update was 2 days ago, give it 2 weeks atleast wink_o.gif

It's looking really good Gux, keep it up biggrin_o.gif

Did you ever start work on a Redeye lancher?

SFP 4 has a Redeye if youre looking for one

Anything new ? biggrin_o.gif

Well, I got modelspecial working by binarizing the models(really, I wish there were a wiki for ofp modding confused_o.gif). It did, however, change the model position when it switched to the second for some reason. I could probably inch the model by trial and error until it matches the position of each other. But honestly, it's not worth the effort. I think it's about done now; I'll post it here soon.

Thanks, everyone who helped.