Sign in to follow this  
nominesine

African Jazz

African Jazz version 1.0

- A NomineSine Mission

africanJazz.jpg

Download fromRapidshare

Note: To download from Rapidshare, click the link, scroll to the bottom of the page and select free download. It might take several seconds before the download starts.

African Jazz is a death match as well as a cooperative mission for two sides. The west side, represented by US Army [uSA], have one set of objectives that needs to be completed. East side, represented by the Tonali Rebel Forces [TRF], have their own objectives. Eventually their paths will cross.

The MP Mission can be played by a total of 2-16 players. Optimal is 1-3 players on the west side and 1-2 players on the east side.

SUMMARY OF THE PLOT [MISSION BRIEFING FOR USA AND TRF]

From the OFP briefing page...

USA Objectives, 4th of July 2003, 11.30 Local time

Your mission is to patrol the roads east of the US Air Base.

Your convoy must proceed through Kimoe, Kimbe, Shanty Town and Ixtlan, before returning to base.

One of our vehicle patrols reported an engine malfunction while travellng the same route earlier this morning.

They are now landlocked in the desert and we don't have radio contact with them.

You must find them, assist them and repair their car during your patrol. They are believed to be in Kimbe, Shanty Town, the abandoned factory or on the main square in Ixtlan.

The second truck in your column carries power tools.

These tools must be delivered to the vehicle depot, south of the air port.

Get them there ASAP.

Your main objective is to keep an eye out for armed insurgents.

Shots have been reported from all major towns and villages.

-Eliminate all armed hostile forces.

-Destroy any military vehicles you encounter.

A large force of armed rebels was reported crossing the bridge from Balimo this morning. They are your prime target.

Take your team to the main hangars when your patrol is finished to end the mission.

Be adviced not to open fire on any civilians.

The situation is tense, with rock throwing mobs, but any civilian casaulty may result in an open riot.

Make sure you target only armed hostiles. The reinforced Hummer will keep you protected from rocks.

TRF Objectives, 4th of July 2003, 11.30 Local time

The american infidels are operating from heavily armed truck convoys.

It is the will of God that these vehicle patrols are destroyed.

Three armoured cars were sent from the US Air Base this morning.

Our spies informs us that they will proceed through Kimoe, Kimbe, Shanty Town and Ixtlan, before they return to base.

Destroy them and kill the crew.

Two of our brothers have aquired heavy weapons that can take out the american force.

They will be waiting for you in Ixtlan or the abandoned factory in the desert with RPG:s and explosives.

Find them ASAP.

There are two telephone stations here and here, that you may use to contact the team.

Get to the phone and dial:

- 006 to Ixtlan

- 007 to the factory

... to find out where our brothers are waiting.

Required Addons:

HYK US Soldiers ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/HYK_USsol_152_JAM.rar

SEF HMMWV ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/SEF_HMMWV_1.0.rar

JAM2 ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/JAM2.rar

BAS TONAL+OPFOR ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/islands2/bas_isleopfor1.2.rar

I don't have Tonal anymore so I won't be playing it but I would just like to say I think that the idea behind all of it is damn good.

...just like to say I think that the idea behind all of it is damn good.

Thank's. I hope all the Multi Player scripting works out as it should. It was tested a couple of times in early stages, but the BETA version is untested as it is.

A set of server side loops randomizes the missions behaviour during set up. Thus assuming the layout of the mission (enemy forces, etc) will always be the same might be dangerous to you charachter's health smile_o.gif

But unless I screwed up while making the fine tuning it should be working. A short battle report from a completed MP-session would be valuable if anyone tries it.

Quote[/b] ]

Abdullah Ibrahim?

Sorry, never met the guy and I don't know him. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the mirror. I playtested the BETA version during the weekend with the IKB LAN-Group. All triggers and scripts behaved as they should. Some minor tweaking (mainly unit placement) will follow in an updated version, but as far as I can see the mission is fully operational as is. A second opinion anyone?

Why use JAM2? JAM3 is out

Couldn't find a working link to JAM3 whistle.gif

It doesn't make any difference, however. I built it with JAM3, but anyone who wants can still play it with JAM2. There´s no incompatibility between them, as far as I know.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]

Why use JAM2? JAM3 is out

Couldn't find a working link to JAM3  

JAM3 download. Courtesy of Sanctuary.

Quote[/b] ]It doesn't make any difference, however...There´s no incompatibility between them, as far as I know.

JAM3 is fully backwards compatible, yes.

Good to see you're still pumping out great Tonal scenarios nominesine. This island is still blowing my mind 2 & 1/2 years after release  inlove.gif

Cheers mate,

CH

I played it once yesterday with my mates and it was really interesting. Me and one more were Rebels and went to prepare ambush. We were suprised that we and our 'victims' are not the only people in area. What more, not the only one with wepons smile_o.gif We prepare beutiful ambush for curious people and hide... And after a while we had to defens ourselves. When enemy was at our pos I had only half of a group smile_o.gif And enemy did not patrol Kimbe by cars, but he somhow new where we can be and surround us. The carefully psitioned sniper died first, then there was plenty of us soldiers on the hill, with superior firepower and numbers, and we had to fight back without hesitation...

What I changed (SEF hummers for CBT, BIS UH for BAS UH).

What I will change (I will delete respawns, at least I add MAPFACT respawns - but then there will be no AI in players group).

I really like athmosphere, I feel this chaos, street fighting in civil war, beuing outnumbered by US and their weapons.

I did not like civils getting killed by my men. There was no info on that in briefing, so I was angry, but civils started to shot at us, so I had to give order to open fire again.

I am waiting to play it with greater number of players. Thanks NomeSine.

Thank's for your battle report. It was exactly what I wanted.

We were suprised that we and our 'victims' are not the only people in area /.../ I did not like civils getting killed by my men. There was no info on that in briefing.

Good point. I meant to correct that, but forgot. It's still a public BETA. The point is, your men must be set to "Hold Fire" when they enter a populated area. It's the same for WEST, and the mission becomes more difficult if you kill too many bystanders. I included it to raise the difficulty and increase the realism (my own experience is: in real life soldiers don't shoot at everything, as is too often the case in OFP), but I admit I should have been clearer about this in the briefing. For WEST it's pointed out quite clearly, though.

Quote[/b] ]

...enemy did not patrol Kimbe by cars, but he somhow new where we can be and surround us.

My guess is: Your team was spotted by the helicopter patrolling the area. If it happens all WEST players recieve a hint and a marker on the map, revealing your last known position.

Quote[/b] ]

I really like athmosphere, I feel this chaos, street fighting in civil war, beuing outnumbered by US and their weapons.

Glad to hear that. Who won? East or West?

If you need help to modify the mission, just ask and I'll provide you with any designer knowledge I have. An updated version will follow in a month or so (I'm a little too busy in RL right now)

Well, for us it looked like no one won, as the mission was ended during the fight. Oh, group respawning have one big problem in your mission,if you die, you go instantly to other member, and then it took few sec to know where you are. And then if this is serious firefight, you die again. And again :P I think you should add more delay between death and respawn, lest say 30 second or 2 minutes. And it is always better idea to make delay longer, as it will give a player motivation to not be killed. If you respawn instatnly, there is no real punishment wink_o.gif That's why my group almost never use respawns, and if it does, we try to make it very restricted.

Ended in the middle of the fight? How embarrasing whistle.gif

But congratulations. That probably means that EAST won and also that I forgot to update the end trigger in the BETA banghead.gif (the BETA mission ends when the number of units in the first WEST group is 0, it should end with a short outro when all WEST units all a groups that contains a player is eliminated).

Thanks for pointing it out. The IKB clan prefers GROUP respawn, that's why I included it (we're a team of average, middle aged gamers and we die all the time). I might release two alternate versions, because it's so easy to change. But it's also quite easy for people to change this themselves. I don't mind if people modify my missions, as long as they mention what's different if they distribute the mission afterwards.

Thank's for the heads up, though.

Version 1.0 is now released

Get it HERE

Download link in original link is also changed. Mirrors provided in other posts are beyond my reach.

Bugs fixed since the BETA version:

- End triggers now working properly

- Minor changes to the briefing (for clarity)

- More civilians placed in populated areas

- A few easter eggs hidden around the map