Sign in to follow this  
Pancho

Automatic Gunfire Sound

Why does it sound uneven when firing in automatic mode?? Sort of a stutter.

It happens always with the AK and tank fire but almost never with the M-16.

I made a search on the forums but found nothing related.

Single fire mode have a sound

Burst have a sound (three sounds after eachother)

Auto fire have the Single fire sounds, just that it repeats the sound for each bullet you shoot.

...but almost never with the M-16.

That's beacause M16 in OFP doesn't have Auto, it have burst, wich is a specific sound.

Did that answer your questions?

Yep! M60 and the PK have "sounds" that contain two bullets firing, after wich it loops... wich explains why it wont happen on there either.

Yes, it can. What I did was I replaced all of the fully automatic sounds with the single shot sounds, so the weapon will sound the same whether you have single shot or full automatic selected.

Actually, I did a lot more than that. I downloaded the Battlefield Insane Sound Pack, took the best sounds from that and the best sounds from Operation Flashpoint, and made it into a very realistic modification. Since my brother and I own many of the weapons from Operation Flashpoint, and have videos of the rest being fired lived live, we know exactly how most of the weapons should sound. Currently, I am lacking some sounds, including the fifty calibers and the larger cannons.

The only thing you can't fix is the three round burst. Instead of playing a sound three times, it plays a sound once. So it's always going to sound different, and it's always going to make the sound of three shots even if you only have two left in your magazine.

All I want to do is to change the AK firing sounds for those found in the Japanese Insane Sound thingy. How can I do that?

You need the tools listed at Avon Lady's Operation Flashpoint Frequently Asked Questions. Google Avon Lady and click the first link. Instructions should be included.

hahah, nice Ive changed some sounds aswell, also used sounds from the CBT 50cal for the 30mm from the Franze Apache, Ive changed the burst to full auto, I want to get the 30mm firing sound from the famous video footage, where they chop down those 3 iraqi's...

FDF mod has got some nice sounds with the echo behind it.

Ive never heard of any insane sound pack though, must have missed that completly, would anyone be so kind to provide a link please?  huh.gif

I believe the battlefield insane sound pack is this one..

Battlefield Insane Sound Pack

But i'm not entirely sure, the sounds in it are nice however, and he was working on some kind of system to make sounds reverb in OFP, i believe if you check the news archives there's a clip of a before and after MG42.

Thanks for your time

ED

I have the same problem with my OFP in 1st person gaming, full auto seems to splutter, however put it into third and number pad left and right and the sound is fine. Very strange crazy_o.gif

Oh thats down to frame rates. I had that on my old gfx card, got a new one it works fine.

Could depend on soundcard to.

smile_o.gif

Generally anything from budget 5.1 cards up to Audigy 2s. I still think it's more an FPS thing than sound.

Why does it sound uneven when firing in automatic mode?? Sort of a stutter.

It happens always with the AK and tank fire but almost never with the M-16.

I made a search on the forums but found nothing related.

It is because the rate of fire of the weapons seems to be tied to the frame rate of the game.

Look at a complex scene and the cyclic rate of the weapon will be very slow, then look at nothing but a flat wall. Notice the difference?

I'm not sure, but I think this might be fixed in OFP:E, so it will probably be fixed in ArmA. That recent unofficial ArmA preview video sounded like the problem had been fixed, too.

Some sound effects seem to stutter less than others, too.

What would you recommend to increase the fps??