Sign in to follow this  
Shinbusan

WGL5 beta and eyecandy addons from DMA Modpacks

Eyecandy DMA Modpacks for WGL5 beta!

and easy to swap addons system

It looks that no one said in this forum about new feature of latest WGL5 Beta and I think many people will be interested, as many people care about eyecandy addons.

WGL5beta config has been changed to more modular config, and now there is very easy way to swap addons.

But for the most of the people what is important, that in current version there are optional plugins for DMA Army or Naval Modpack addons inside main release.

It means, that if you have DMA Modpack and WGL5, 'probably the most realistic mod' wink_o.gif can look really good with modern addons of soldiers and weapons.

HOW TO

Optional models_base.hpp files are in wgl5beta in bin/model_definitions folder (it is a module for config.cpp) . Additionaly you need DMA Army Modpack or DMA Naval Modpack addons (and only addons, they goes to @wgl5/addons folder)

WHERE

WGL5 beta is here:

http://www.squadengine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1446

DMA Modpacks you can find here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....39;st=0

P.S. I am not WGL team member, just fan of this mod, and I regret there is so less knowledge about this stunning work. I hope that WGL team has nothing against I made a new thread and I hope I didn't make an mistake in text (but if I did, PM me and I will edit it of course).

The real reason is that someone in this forum said he cannot find info about such plugins.

Thanks for the heads-up Shinbushan.

Great to see these two heavyweight teams working together thumbs-up.gif

Cheers,

CH

I think that you did something wrong, mat. Can you describe error you get? If you get any? Plenty of people use it so it should work right.

You can do that even with FFUR, Y2K3... etc, as long as wgl config is defined somewhere else than in '@wgl5\bin'.

Nice Idea anyways.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

I haven't got the time to try it out yet, but am I doing this right?

1) I copied n pasted the addons from dma army pack to wgl's addons folder

2) I changed:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">//#define DMA_ARMY_MODELS true

//#define DMA_NAVAL_MODELS true

//#define BIS_MODELS true

#define WGL5_MODELS true

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define DMA_ARMY_MODELS true

//#define DMA_NAVAL_MODELS true

//#define BIS_MODELS true

//#define WGL5_MODELS true

Is this right? Do I need to do anything else?

you can also check the description at our WGL5 wiki page.

feedback very welcome !