Sign in to follow this  
magi

Wanna drive an web camera Tank over the internet?

I made this at my university in Sweden at LTH.

Wanna try it?   icon_rolleyes.gif

(This is a funny avatar I found. But it is almost like this it works.)

http://images.ifun.ru/o/Ol2gkzL3Tl.gif

I have equiped it with paintball and laserdome weapons and a red dot aim.

Contact me for a test drive.

MSN  /  spidg@hotmail.com

http://media.putfile.com/Tank_paintball_1

Here is a movie made from a guy in Norway:

http://home.no.net/dyblah/film/tanks.avi

This is a site a guy did after a test drive from Australia.

http://www.roaringsnake.com/misc/article_tank.htm

Prototype 2

tank222.JPG

<span style='color:"Red"'>Do you think it would be interesting to have a Internet game with real webcamrobots in a paintball/laserdome battle and be able to hunt real people with the robot?</span>

-------------------------------------------

<span style='color:"Blue"'>You can be any where in the world in 30 seconds but as a webcam robot.

You can have a webcam robothumanoid at home and when you need your house cleaned you rent a guy in asia to control your robot and he clean your house from a pc in china. Then you rent a mechanic to fix your car from france. Then you want a professional cook to make you a dinner so you rent a guy from Italy to fix the dinner in your kitchen. And so on.....</span>

--------------------

<span style='color:"Purple"'>I have the robot in Sweden.

Scandinavia and north of Europe get a delay/lag around 0.3-0.5 sec.

The rest of the world get a delay/lag around 1-3 sec becouse they have a satellite link.

Some few people get lucky and dont get a satellite link from USA or Australia and then get a delay/lag around 0.5-1 sec.

I will try to upgrade the web camera robots, so they will be able to compeate against real people on a paintball/laserdome arena/field.</span>

Prototype X

Terminator2_mini.JPG

------------------------------

Regards Magi

I'll pay you a hundred euro's if you get that tank near the Bis headquarters and set up a sattelite connection tounge2.gifrofl.gif .

No, seriously now, You could make some pretty fun things to do, like a maxe, or other interactive things (give it a arm wich can be toggled open/closed? glued lego is suitable methinks tounge2.gif )

magi please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb smile_o.gif

I'll pay you a hundred euro's if you get that tank near the Bis headquarters and set up a sattelite connection tounge2.gifrofl.gif .

Hey now! wink_o.gif

Didn't you post this at the Swedish PCG forums a couple of months ago? smile_o.gif

magi please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb smile_o.gif

Hey now! wink_o.gif

i'm sorry but I just had to.

Its so totally greate.

Please put it back again becouse its soo fantastic.

Well I think so any way. smile_o.gif

It's not so difficult to edit the image so as to make it less/i] than 100kb in size.

Otherwise, this could be an interesting concept smile_o.gif.

It's not so difficult to edit the image so as to make it less/i] than 100kb in size.

Otherwise, this could be an interesting concept smile_o.gif.

How do I make it smaller in size?

------------------------

Never mind.

I made a link of it.

Seems very cool.

Maybe someone make 10 tanks, set it up as a payservice online and people can play tankbattle online.

That would be awsome biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, do you have the tanks in blueprints or so. I'm a kinda vehicle-freak, trying to make solutions mixing together parts from 20 vehicle to make a... Uhm, I don't know but something.

Could be cool to see how it works.

Also, this would be great to develop a safety-system. Like a robot with tranquilizers or tasergun mounted, can go in a house where maybe a hostagesituation is going on, and no one have to risk their lifes, not even the lifes of the hostagetakers. (Big money in security now adays btw tounge2.gif)

Great idea!

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Hi.

I have a test site where you can get some more information.

www.gamereality.se

But anyone that ask me nice on MSN get a test drive when I have time....

Regards Magi

Congratulations on creating such a wonderful machine Magnus. I hope it really takes off for you, and that you end up reaping the rewards.

I have one question: What is the bare minimum internet connection required for smooth control and screen refresh rate?

Congratulations on creating such a wonderful machine Magnus. I hope it really takes off for you, and that you end up reaping the rewards.

I have one question: What is the bare minimum internet connection required for smooth control and screen refresh rate?

Well, for smooth control and enough fps and pixel free camera view atleast 1Mb/s I guess.

But I can code view down so control and fps is high but pixels get bigger and people have been controlling it ok on 500 kb/sec.

But it is for every one to test out to find a good enough control and view situation.

I can change a lot of parameters to adjust gaming situation when I get a lot of robots up and running.

This is really fun...

I had about 0.5 sec lag from I touch my keyboard till I saw the movement on the screen. Im on a 1mbit/512kbit connection

Anyway,, Magi - remember to close your bed-room door next time entirely tounge2.gif

This is really fun...

I had about 0.5 sec lag from I touch my keyboard till I saw the movement on the screen. Im on a 1mbit/512kbit connection

Anyway,, Magi - remember to close your bed-room door next time entirely tounge2.gif

I have found out that people like to open my doors when they drive around so I let them do that.

I often get a reaction from australia and so on like.

"Cooooool, I opened a door on the other side of the world..."

and that kind of remarks. smile_o.gif

You next project could be to let the users use their microphone and get sound input as well... The we would be an interactive robot biggrin_o.gif

Damn fun! Now we need a proper-sized M1A2 with live ammunition.

That would be fun biggrin_o.gif

If I were you magi I would take only take Espectro's proposal as the sane one tounge2.gif

No, really, sound would be a kewl feture.

You next project could be to let the users use their microphone and get sound input as well... The we would be an interactive robot biggrin_o.gif

Yes.

Next modell will move as a FPS and there will be micriphone and a small screen so people can drive up to each other and talk and see each other under a game.

I will also try to use heat cameras and night vision.

I already have IR in this camera I use now.

awesome.... with a little luck, you can sell it as tele-meeting devices. its definately alot more fun than normal webcams

LOL!

It could be those 15minutes/person dating-service.. You drive up to eachother and talk, and then "PLING!", go to the next tank?

Meeting ppl around the world ey?

rofl.gif

LOL!

It could be those 15minutes/person dating-service.. You drive up to eachother and talk, and then "PLING!", go to the next tank?

Meeting ppl around the world ey?

rofl.gif

And if you don't like your date... Try to shoot it up with some paintballs biggrin_o.gif

This seriously sounds like alot of fun! Would be so kickass to have this in some museum or whatever... Well, minus the paintball ammo tounge2.gif

I think the germans have a prototype in a museum somewere.

Without paintball gun. smile_o.gif.

I'm sure the Modern Art museums would like it. Could put a blank sheet up and let users go crazy with the paintball gun. Interactive Art. I saw this thing where when a user sits on a chair in London museum then a chair in Berlin museum vibrates and vice versa. Could do the same with the robot. A guy in Berlin operates the London robot, London guy operates Berlin robot. Or the Science Museum? They always have lots of interative sort of things.

Nice job on the robot/system Magi, it looks great fun.

I'm sure the Modern Art museums would like it. Could put a blank sheet up and let users go crazy with the paintball gun. Interactive Art.

I saw this thing where when a user sits on a chair in London museum then a chair in Berlin museum vibrates and vice versa.

Could do the same with the robot?

A guy in Berlin operates the London robot, London guy operates Berlin robot.

Or the Science Museum?

They always have lots of interative sort of things.

Nice job on the robot/system Magi, it looks great fun.

Could do the same with the robot?

Yes.

A guy in Berlin operates the London robot, London guy operates Berlin robot.

Or the Science Museum?

Yes.

I can contral most things any way you want. smile_o.gif