Sign in to follow this  
B.B.

Operation Code Blue release

the shadow casted by the soldier's helmet is wht makes this addon standout..........man i wud love to have these finished notworthy.gif

I think the weapon pack is nice for me. I like the fire effect of those weapon and dont want to be replaced by others'. By way, could you use Lauma's new head pack for your finished version?

So, here is a version with Llauma's head model. And palms were also changed to OW's, but the textures are from NUT ACU pack.

Kneepads are from Bambi BlackOps pack.

lcbu5dq.jpg

So, here is a version with Llauma's head model. And palms were also changed to OW's, but the textures are from NUT ACU pack.

Kneepads are from Bambi BlackOps pack.

[img.]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1552/lcbu5dq.jpg[/img]

perfect..............cant wait for the final version.......this is another gr8 addon im lookin forward too

keep it up man notworthy.gif

Stanley you officially have permission to release your work on our units. Just don't release them under the code blue name. call them stanleys marines or something.

B.B.

Quote[/b] ]Stanley you officially have permission to release your work on our units. Just don't release them under the code blue name. call them stanleys marines or something.

Thank you for permission, it's an honor.

But, unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time to work on updating of your whole pack.

I'm currently working only on one model (rifleman_Mw.p3d). I have implemented new head, palms, kneepads and boots, as well. Also I want to improve the base model a little, maybe add some new details.

When I finish the work, I can send you this file. But I can't really tell ya now when it will be finished. It depends on my free time.

Good luck stanley.

Hey BB, great units. Very nice change of pace from the HYK units that have become a standard for reg. infantry operations. Id like to use em for Operation Trident but would like to work on the textures a little bit, do you guys mind if I make a re-textured version for Trident? That would rock,

Anderson

Well, it has been stated numerous times that anybody is free to alter/improve these units just as long as credit is given

and as long as you release them to the public, and as long as you credit them under your own addon team.  but yeah.  id like to see more variants because i like the proportions. Personally, its all about that multicam.

If anyone has made a good ACU variant, can they please PM me? I'd like to borrow it off you!

Damn, those blokes certainly do look photorealistic...

It looks like you guys are stepping back a bit from the ultra-high-poly bug that has been going around, and the super-high-definition-texture flu. I mean, it makes the models look snazzy, but who can run them? Over a certain bit depth, it's just excessive.

May I enquire as to the number of triangles/ texture bit depth of these models?

sure go ahead.

LOL...

He's asking you B.B wink_o.giftounge2.gif

And I wouldn't call high quality addons a "bug" or "flu" ... icon_rolleyes.gif

oh i have no clue. i didn't make em, im more like a pr man.

And I wouldn't call high quality addons a "bug" or "flu" ... icon_rolleyes.gif

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make a texture map that's 2048 x 2048. That's just excessive. I monkey can push the texture resolution button. What you call 'high quality' is what I'm referring to as 'high definition.' High definition slows the computer down no matter what the content of the addon looks like. Optimizing models is hard, but optimizing textures is easy. I understand artists needs to show off, but making super-high definition media actually detracts from their flexibility. So, they are low quality in that regard.

B.B.:

You're the PR guy. Ask for me. Don't be lazy, now. That's not good PR.