Sign in to follow this  
Rg

CD-Key Gone Forever - Do I have any options?

To make a long story short....when I cleared out my stuff out of my apartment after katrina hit, I took my game cases with me, but not the boxes to conserve space (OFP has a BIG box compared to other games). I soon realized that the manual was in the box, so I no longer have the cd-key.

I looked in the registry and saw the cd-key, but I guess its encoded, so is there someway to decode that?

I still have the OFP folder in the codemasters folder, but it has quite a few mods installed (the game is acting weird now and I would like to reformat my hard drive), so I want a clean install.

Is there maybe a file in the OFP folder that contains my cd-key? Is there anything I can do about this or am I screwed?

Thanks,

Quote[/b] ](OFP has a BIG box compared to other games)

Other games come wrapped in a piece of paper?

OFP has a DVD case just like every other new game.

As to the ''cd-key'' lost issue, search and you will find.

Quote[/b] ](OFP has a BIG box compared to other games)

Other games come wrapped in a piece of paper?

OFP has a DVD case just like every other new game.

As to the ''cd-key'' lost issue, search and you will find.

I have the PC-CD GOTY version that comes in a big box the size of 1-2 stacked textbooks. That is BIG in my opinion, so I just took the cd with me.

And.....

I did search and I did not find. If you know of an answer please inform me.

He may have had it for a while, Hence, No nice small DVD Case, mine were in Regular Boxes when I got them, roughly a week after there inital release.

@RG, E-Mail Codemasters Support, tell them the situation, they'll hook ya up. I recently moved and my Manuals were lost somewhere in the fray, they hooked me up with new keys for OFP:CWC, Gold Upgrade and Resistance.

You can export the registry entries to a file and then import them back in, I've done it when I reinstalled XP and it works. However, if you need to reinstall OFP too, you'll need the cd-key. Or it might be possible to copy the files manually from the cds and you could also install it with a friend's cd-key and change it back to yours after installation (with the .reg-file).

I guess Metal Heart's solution will work. On otherhand I don't think it's allowed to discuss how to get passed the CD key check.

As Navy said, contact CM and they might be able to give you a new key.

He may have had it for a while, Hence, No nice small DVD Case, mine were in Regular Boxes when I got them, roughly a week after there inital release.

@RG, E-Mail Codemasters Support, tell them the situation, they'll hook ya up. I recently moved and my Manuals were lost somewhere in the fray, they hooked me up with new keys for OFP:CWC, Gold Upgrade and Resistance.

Mine was in a DVD case (back when the game came out in 2001), guess it depends on the country (/distributor).

Searching for CD-Key or Serial or such will give you the same answer every time, contact Codemasters customer support smile_o.gif