Sign in to follow this  
h -

MCAR Engine released...

The link for the working version of the sa-9 gaskin nolonger works. I know that this topic is quite old but could u resubmit a new link so that people like myself who love to play with ofp addons can grab this great vehicle.

send sa8gecko a pm wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The link for the working version of the sa-9 gaskin nolonger works....

I missed that completely. Sorry. Unfortunately when I switched provider I lost all of my files stored in my web space, and I never cared to replace them. If you're still interested, PM me, as Q suggested.

What's your view on the Mandalobe missile suite for ArmA?  For many purposes it is great, but I don't like something that simulates ammo management versus actually handling it through fired objects and being tied to the addon.

To me at least it makes more sense to keep all of the missile system scripting needed for the unit contained in the addon and do a core engine instead that will work all units that need it like MCAR. That way it cuts down on CPU overhead and works organically with the addon instead of pretending to fire something.

Personally, I would prefer MCAR do the SAM and offensive missile systems on the OFP/ArmA ships versus the Mandalobe, but some features on the Manalobe suite I wouldn't mind having.

sa8gecko do u think u could email me the upto date sa-9 or give the link for it please

Sorry guys if I didn't answered before: I just don't visit this forum so often like before. So if you need something urgent, message me for a quicker answer.

Quote[/b] ]What's your view on the Mandalobe missile suite for ArmA? For many purposes it is great, but I don't like something that simulates ammo management versus actually handling it through fired objects and being tied to the addon.

I can't say much about Mandoble's work as I never tested it. Unfortunately I'm not so keen on ArmA as I was on OFP: really it's some month since the last time I played it.

Back to Mandoble's: as I said I've never had a look at his work, so I don't know how he managed it.

Quote[/b] ]To me at least it makes more sense to keep all of the missile system scripting needed for the unit contained in the addon and do a core engine instead that will work all units that need it like MCAR.

Really MCAR engine contains all the guidance codes and much else in the engine itself. It was conceived to make the addon maker's life easier, as he was supposed only to set the missile parameters and some entry in config.cpp, and then forget about it, in the sense MCAR engine takes care of the rest. I think Mandobles reasoned along the same line; still I can't know for sure. I have to admit that for a not so mathematically inclined person the missile parameters are a little difficult to understand, as I tried to make the simulation as physical as I could get. Of course setting missile parameters like in config.cpp for a normal OFP missile is easier for the addon maker to do, but I'm proud of the fact that we at MCAR achieved a TOW flight course matching closely the real one in one of our addons. Really, without being too arrogant, it was almost perfectly matched.

Quote[/b] ]Personally, I would prefer MCAR do the SAM and offensive missile systems on the OFP/ArmA ships...

Well, the Harpoon launch sequence was great indeed, with booster phase and the discarding of it. Too bad only three people saw it.

Quote[/b] ]sa8gecko do u think u could email me the upto date sa-9 or give the link for it please

Sorry PANTS, I've just seen your message as havocsquad's one. If you're still interested, message me next time so that I can upload the files somewhere. As I said in my previous post, the site I had is gone. It's the second time I fail you: I'm sorry, but you'd better PM me next time. But maybe I'll find some place to put up all MCAR files...

Quote[/b] ]What's your view on the Mandalobe missile suite for ArmA?

Actualy Mandalobe just uses stuff that was demonstrated on the OFPEC forums, in OFP, a long time ago. So nothing new there.

I just discovered the SA-10! Really nice model and textures, it's a great addition.

As you've noted above there are some bugs with it. I get a CTD with it when flying in the A-10, sometimes if I just get too close to it, sometimes if it's destroyed. There's also a

Quote[/b] ]No entry 'config.cpp/cfgvehicles/mcar_5P85S.scudsound.'

WOuld be a fine addition to get a fully working, bug free version of this beast in OFP!