Sign in to follow this  
wi77ard

United Kingdom Island

Why not? As has been demonstrated above, people (including myself) would love to play on a UK island..

In response to the other stuff, c'mon it's only a game I think you're all taking it far too seriously IMO..

..Now, can we get back on topic thumbs-up.gif

Arsehole's point is you have stolen the Identity of a real unit. It is a disgrace as walts to have done this. He doesn't care for the island release icon_rolleyes.gifbanghead.gif .

Well after editing this about four times. I have decided not to get into a flaming war with anyone. your all entitled to your opinions. I like many others see this as a game! Yes copying the real SAS might be a issue for some. However if someone decided to emulate my former regiment, i'd be honoured!

As for the island, thanks for all the positive comments, your views and thoughts will be considered, the way it stands the island will not be released to anyone outside the clan. It may in time after a few edits though so who knows.

Finally, lets remember what this community should be about ....

Is it right for you to call my clan walts without knowing anything about my members? Yes most of us, like Volcbat have served! Have you?

topic closed, discussion over.

So your are saying that all those games out there based on real units, All those paintings, All those movies and fictional books, everything based on real units are a disgrace.... You cant call 22 a disgrace without calling all those items either, Call of Duty, Bravo 2-0 etc. So are all those disgraces aswell?

FJ, niether myself or Adam are the one who made the comments on thier guestbook, ask "arsehole" icon_rolleyes.gif

And the term Walter Mitty refers to pretending you are something you are not. If you have served in the RLC, you may have "been in the army" but you're still a walt if you pretend you're SAS.

Just a note for the over sensitive knee jerk reactionists; that does not mean i have just called them walter mittys, i have just explained the term. icon_rolleyes.gif

More than anything Psyc i was curious as to why you brought it into the topic in the first place. I mean, it has nothing to do with the island, so why make it related to it, as you did when you said you werent releasing your island as a result? It was just someone expressing thier opinion on your guestbook, not commenting on the island......

is it really that bad that we try to replicate one of most respected special forces in the world?huh.gif All be it in ofp!!!

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE WOULD AGREE WITH ARSEHOLE SAYING IT IS DISREPECTFUL EMULATING A REGIMENT, I SERVED IN THE FORCES AND WENT TO BOSNIA, KOSAVO AND ALSO AFGHANISTAN COULD I THEN EMULATE THE REGIMENTS I WAS ON DETACTMENT WITH OR WOULD I BE DISREPECTING MYSELF [NO I WOULDNT] PATHY FROM VOLCBAT YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF [VOLUNTEER COMMANDO BATALLION] ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE UP A REGIMENT YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF OUR ARMED FORCES AND REPLICATE A REAL REGIMENT IN HONOUR OF THEM LIKE WE ARE SO BASICLY I THINK YOUR A LITTLE BOY THINKING YOUR SOMETHING AND THAT YOUR A PRICK GET A LIFE ITS A FUCKING GAME banghead.gif

obviously in some peoples opinions, yes.

each to their own, don't fret about it - you're always going to get people who dont like what you're doing for X amount of reasons - sods law and all that. Remember you can replicate something, without using their name, i.e VCB, RAAB etc

hasnt this got a little way off topic though? Surely the message left by 'arsehole' has no reference to the island, probally didnt know what you're about and why you do it, and i'd be willing to bet he/she's not even part of the flashpoint community. So why prevent the release of something you've worked hard at?

just my 2 cents smile_o.gif Isn't it true, that the bully will always win, unless the victim ignores him? Ignore him, carry on, release - let them know it doesnt phase you what they think.

Way off-topic. If you have news regarding this island, you may create a new thread. Jungle Sniper, you get 48 hrs post restriction for name calling.

Good way to start the new year confused_o.gif