Sign in to follow this  
Grimnirsson

Prima Strategy Guide?

Hi folks,

I know that the Gold Edition of the PC game has the Official Prima Strategy Guide included as a pdf. Would anybody who has this guide be so kind to send it over to me? My email address is GrimnirssonATweb.de

Thanks for your help,

Grimnirsson

surely that would be theft?

the guys who bought the gold edition have paid for the guide... sending it to you would be violating copyright and deemed theft... or at least in my books whistle.gif

I was reading through this just last night. It was a nice little guide, even if the bit on mission building didn't go quite deeply enough for me. I only read the guide once I'd finnished CWC so by the nature of OFP the solution provided wasn't the only (or most effective way) to complete missions, but was of interest never the less.

On the subject of the gold edition, I quite liked the mission early on where you have to shoot down the two chinooks, a truck load of soldiers then head to the base in the north.

Before knowing the easy way (giving a launcher to two of my team and let them do the tricky bit), i'd have to quickly pick up a launcher in the tent and try and shoot them myself (typically missing). It would then be quite frantic as enemy soldiers parachutted in and made their way closer. Enemy soldiers parachuting in is cool BTW, probably why I like the mission defending the beach (Rats Nest?) in CWC.

Quote[/b] ]the guys who bought the gold edition have paid for the guide... sending it to you would be violating copyright and deemed theft... or at least in my books

Gheez...I can buy the Gold Edition for 1 EUR on ebay, but I don't play the PC version and would simply have a game unused on the shelf just for taking a look at the little guide. I bought the Elite Version for Xbox and it is not my fault that the manual included therein gives almost no essential information. Burning the game to play it is one thing, asking for the guide something different. There's so much available for free on the web for this game when you play it on the PC and nothing for the Xbox version and the Elite version is MUCH more expensive than the PC game, so I don't see any problems with my asking for the guide.

Grimnirsson

im not doubting your intentions, im merely poiting out the problems... in essense, whatever your argument, what you've asked for his a free copy of something that you would normally paid for... you wouldnt be equally as quick to ask for a free copy of resistance on these forums? nor would you be as quick to go to your local PC store and steal it.

just so you dont think im being a complete bastard, perhaps you should search google for free FAQ and walkthroughs on Elite? I'd be willing to bet there will be a few lying around, that in general, would be better than the Prima guide.

Quote[/b] ]just so you dont think im being a complete bastard, perhaps you should search google for free FAQ and walkthroughs on Elite? I'd be willing to bet there will be a few lying around, that in general, would be better than the Prima guide.

I don't think you are a bastard and I know this copyright issue/getting things for free from the Advanced Squad Leader community. Let me explain what my point is:

I am no PC gamer and I am having three consoles to play around. But my real hobby is historical conflict simulation (Consims), that means I am one of those freaks who like to play hex n' counter games on historical topics, mostly WWII, but other times as well with big maps and hundreds or thousands of little counters ...perhaps some names are known to you: World in Flames, ASL, Totaler Krieg, A House Divided etc.. I am also running with my wife the biggest german website with information on this special hobby (www.homefrontclub.de). We waited for three years that OPF would come to the Xbox and now it's done and we are more than pleased with the result, this game being the BEST experience I ever had on any console. This is a true consim on screen so to say and we want to help this game to get the audience it deserves. Most console players here in Germany think and say that this game simply sucks, because of the graphics and because they have no idea what is going on around them, they don't understand how this sim game works and lose any interest and this frustration leads to further bad comments on this little gem. That's something we want to change as far as we can do that and therefore we plan to make an extensive OPF:Elite guide for the german players. This will be available for free of course (as all of our player aids, articles, information etc. on our website) just to help folks willing to take some time to learn and play this game. But before we can do that we have to see what guides are available and how they address things. I am surfing the web with OPF related stuff at the moment just to get a better picture about this situation and the Prima Strategy guide is part of this information. Perhaps its not worth a dime but I have to see that for myself to consider possible solutions to an even better guide.

If you don't want to send it over, ok, no problem, but perhaps someone is willing to help with this - because we plan to help this game in Germany the best we can, for free....

Hope you understand my question a bit better now.

Good gaming,

Grimnirsson

i understand your position now, and its highly admirable - unfortunatly i dont own the gold edition confused_o.gif

surely that would be theft?

the guys who bought the gold edition have paid for the guide... sending it to you would be violating copyright and deemed theft... or at least in my books  whistle.gif

Don,t talk shite, If my mate up the road wanted me to send it to him i would,if i had paid for the game and the guide i could give it to whoever i wanted

Technically action man under copyright laws that is also illegal.

I also understand Grimnirsson's possistion, perhaps BIS itself may be able to help?

But, with that said, action man learn some damn manners. Messiah was clearly pointing out the law, which might I add is not shite, you think a law that says murder is worng is shite?

He handled what you said to him well, all things considered.

The only way you would probably be able to get a hold of the guide is either contacting the publisher, or purchasing the game.

I'm sure the Prima Strategy Guide is copyright to Prima, therefore copying it or sharing it and similar would be a contravention of that copyright, thus something it wouldn't be particularly smart for us to condone.