Sign in to follow this  
BraTTy

Would you prefer online download

Recently Special Forces came out for Battlefield 2

I liked the online download,it was convienant for me.If they had Battlefield 2 available for online purchase I would have already bought a few more.Another reason is because the store only had 1 BF2 and I live in a rural area and its not easy to buy computer games locally.

I thought a small poll may help provoke Bis to use online download.Problem I see of course is if the game requires the cd/dvd to play.Consider this ...if it was purchasing online cdkeys.I could download one copy and buy several cdkeys.

Digital Distrubution is the way things are going - Steam, EA Download, direct2drive etc.

Although if I can get a hardcopy, it's always nice. However, I'd recommend BIS offer it as at least an option, especially if an OFP-like situation with availability is likely to arise in the US or any other part of the world.

Online download would be fine for me. As i have no credit card there must be the option to send the money to BIS IBAN.

I've never actually bought anything online, but I wouldn't mind for Armed Assault.

While I could download the game or buy it online and have it mailed if it was distributed that way only; I'd prefer to go to a store and buy it.

I'm not scared of paying for things online, I have bought some things online but only because I couldn't get them in a shop. I just prefer to go out and buy things; it's how I came accross OFP in the first place, looking at the box in EB.

Why isn't there a 'I prefer to buy the game in a store' option? That doesn't mean that I dont trust online shopping. Infact I've bought several games online but those were hardcopies.

Even if you live in the most desolated areas in only takes a few days to get a copy assuming that you have a mailbox.

The problem also as you pointed out is that the game couldn't require an original CD to play.

But then there's also the question about the price of the product. If it's sold online without a hardcopy and other cost which comes with transporting a CD around the world, the profit of the store which sells it etc. I would expect it to be sold for at least half the price.

Guest Ti0n3r

Null vote. Downloading is fine with me, but I still prefer to buy the game instore and get my DVD/CD.

Downloading is not an option for me... I can't connect above 21.6k when I'm at home. Definitely a hard copy.

The options are incomplete without Buy my cd/dvd in a store.

CD/DVD please

Hard copy looks nicer and its faster then a download even though ive got a decent connection i would still prether a hard copy

null vote - buy hard copy for box etc. Could down load but have no desire to.

Cheers!

For a lot of things, I just download, but for "big" games (to me anyway, I don't really care much for the clone-online-FPSs), I prefer to buy them..

I could just download it and burn it to a DVD, but why bother when I can get a shiney box along with it smile_o.gif

I've not voted because theres no "Buy in shop, with optional online download" or something.. Online release would be good for people in counterys where BIS wouldn't do a normal release of it.. Think of the poor antaricans.. tounge2.gif

- Ben