Sign in to follow this  
r1y23

What Did you do?

In one of the first levels in resistance where you have to get the ammo trucks from the convoy. What did you guys do to get past it?

I first set my men up parralel to the road a little bit east of the position it recommends you to be at. I grabbed the RPG from one of my soldiers and then waited. When the convoy got there i first waited for them to go ahead of me so the T72 would have to turn around to open fire on us and took out the BMP first. Then the t82. and Took out a few of the remaining soldiers. I then set up the mine in the center of the road and went to the north side of the road (opposite side where i was) and took out the BMP.

In the end only 1 casualty for my men 4 downed armor and 6+ dead infantry for them.

what i did was

ordered my men not to fire set them up on high ground at the bricks then set my law soldiers and my machine gunner including me in some bushes next to the road and waited for them to come

when they did i ordered my law soldiers to target the tanks and when they were ready to fire i gave eveyone open fire and when the men started to get out of the trucks i launched an RPG at them not the truck but at the soldiers who were all groued to gether

nice and simple no men lost very little ammo used i wen to the trucks and prepared for the counter attack layed some mins and stachel charges and hid everyone in the bushes then blew up the tanks nice and easy no men lost throughout the whole mission and no one was injured either and very little ammo used i felt dead prud of my self biggrin_o.gif

I was cheeky, i set up a satchel (i wont say where i got it cause dont wanna spoil it for others smile_o.gif at the crossroad area, then hid in some trees with an rpg and my men slightly beside me in good fireing positions, Boom went the big first tank, Boom went the BMP and soilders were np, Set a few mines here and there and gave some guys RPG's Tanks were no problem, had damaged 1 of the ammo trucks so just some tedious moving of weapons then back to camp with the spoils of war. biggrin_o.gif

I did something quite different. Instead of ambushing the convoy at the recomended location, I loaded my guys up in a truck and moved south, to the place where the castle overlooks the path nearly verticly.

I got all of my guys up top, RPGers by the edge with a hold fire. Then I went down and lay some satchels where the tanks would arrive. I had plenty of time to prepare as the tanks had a longer distance to travel, and found a good hiding position in the rocks nearby.

When the tanks arrived the satchels blew them up, and I quikly killed the drivers of the trucks, before killing each soldier one by one as they slowly hopped out of the back.

After that none of my guys had spent any ammo, so I got in each of the trucks and hide them by the mountain. Then placed a wall of mines along the track, before taking an RPG for myself and making my way up the cliff to my guys.

When the tanks finally arrived two of them exploded on the mines, and the other drove into the water after I hit it with an RPG. (I think it was 3. Figures may be wrong.)

None of my guys even fired a shot. No casualties, only active part by squad played was hellping my drive the trucks back to base. smile_o.gif

Hi r1y23, I'm new to these forums and this is the first time I have posted so bear with me! biggrin_o.gif Anyways, what I did was I took the PV3S that you have at the start of the mission and drove it down to the valley and formed a roadblock with it. Then I positioned my men hidden in the bushes with my RPG Soldiers up front and me behind them. Then I told them all to hold fire untill the convoy arrived, then I told my RPG Soldiers to open fire only on the tanks, waited for the infantry to get out of the truck and then picked them off. Then I killed the drivers of the two other trucks. Afterwards I told my men to get into the two remaining trucks and go back to base, I reloaded up on RPGs and waited for the two tanks to come. I took out the T72 with 2 RPGs and then destroyed the BMP before it could unload its infantry (since I was using ECP v1.085 and it includes the occupents to run out sreaming on fire, it wasn't a pretty site crazy_o.gif!wink_o.gif Then i ran back to base to complete the mission. Not exactly the most well layed out plan but it work anyways! yay.gif

After finishing this campaign twice before, I got bored, and added my player a HYK Ultra M16 (the gun that fires laserguided bomb bullets biggrin_o.gif ). Then I kept my squad at home except for one with an AK47 and RPG. Between us we managed to plug the soldiers coming out of the trucks and the tanks - I fired about 50m away and it killed them without hurting the trucks too much. Then I jogged down the ridge to the south a little bit, set up shop and waited...

...when the relief convoy showed up, I UltraM16'd the BMP into the north Nogova sea. Was great fun. smile_o.gif

I UltraM16'd the BMP into the north Nogova sea. Was great fun.  smile_o.gif

rofl.gif LMAO rofl.gif

I have got to try that out.

I wonder if we'll get to play this mission again in ArmA.....?

I wonder if the 'Ultra' guns will work in ArmA.....?

If so then thats my goal biggrin_o.gif