Sign in to follow this  
Red_Devil

FPS problem - please help

Hi.

I have strange problem. When OFP start I have 80fps (DXDLL).

When game start (mosly MFCTI) I have maybe 40-50 and then FPS drop down slowly. 38, 36, .....20......10, 8, 6 So after half hour I play in OFP Comix with below 10fps.

2 weeks ago I reinstaled OFP to check if this is problem of my old fat 4GB OFP copy. I have details on minimum, reduced texture sizes on OFPres_preferences to 512. reduced lights to 20. In my OFP I have 2GB of addons and no any Finmods, WGL etc.

I have AMD2000+@2000MHz, 1GB DDR RAM, Abit NF7-s 2.0, Radeon 9800SE@XT, Win XP Pro, DX/OGL details at best performance with 2x AA.

In Bios fast RAM timings with different options ON or OFF (I checked different possibilites).

Nothing change. In GTA:VC I have full details and alot of FPS and on that old shity game I cant play. Its really hard to aim anything below 20fps but possible, but below 10 its impossible anymore (including walking).

What the hell is going on ? Any suggestions ? I remember that some months ago I have no problems with FPS. I have no high FPS like now at start screen (70-80), but it newer drop below 20fps in game.

In cti, there are many vehicles and soldiers on the battlefield (mostly in defend the base mode), at same time, so these things can slow down the framerate. I think you should disable shadows, and the reflections effects in dxdll, and you probably get higher framerate, but not much higher framerate.

In ofp the fast cpu more important than a fast videocard, but this probably will change in ArmA smile_o.gif

2 things you can do try:

-the newest drivers for your video card.

-In win XP I had some similiar problems like that too

do a Alt + Ctrl + Delete and when you get the windows taskbar go to the proces bar look there for programs in the CPU line that are runnig high if there is such a program that uses much proces in the CPU line for example 56 end the progres by me it helped wink_o.gif

here is an example picture image38rp.th.jpg

Do you use -nomap? I don't know if I am the only one but -nomap makes my computer slower and slower when I play thats why I don't use it eny more. I run better with a GB of addons no -nomap than an emty OFP with it turned on I think its because the compouter seems to has to load everything every time I trun my head(in the game biggrin_o.gif) which results after playing a short wile it just go lag lag lag.

STGN

In cti, there are many vehicles and soldiers on the battlefield (mostly in defend the base mode), at same time, so these things can slow down the framerate. I think you should disable shadows, and the reflections effects in dxdll, and you probably get higher framerate, but not much higher framerate.

In ofp the fast cpu more important than a fast videocard, but this probably will change in  ArmA smile_o.gif

Sanyix

I have no shadows on, details as possible minimum.

in DxDLL all off except PFS counter.

Its not becouse of map or too many things on it. I have no Pentium II 300 with 128MB Ram. There is SOMETHING wrong that FPS can drop from 40 to 7 in 30min and cant go back again to 40. When I leave server list screen, FPS go buck to 70 again. Something eat my FPS.

ExtracTioN

Now I feel that I must check verry old drivers. Becouse in past I have no problems.

I will try this with deleting all running programs like Skype, Net monitors, CPU Cool etc. I also readed that I must have small aperture size in Bios. And I alvays give big one becouse I thinked it helps.

STGN

I use NoMap. without this some time ago my OFP not get up becouse of some strange addons needed to on some strange servers. Hmm good hint. I will check it.

In ofp the fast cpu more important than a fast videocard, but this probably will change in ArmA smile_o.gif

Sanyix

I have no shadows on, details as possible minimum.

in DxDLL all off except PFS counter.

Its not becouse of map or too many things on it. I have no Pentium II 300 with 128MB Ram. There is SOMETHING wrong that FPS can drop from 40 to 7 in 30min and cant go back again to 40. When I leave server list screen, FPS go buck to 70 again. Something eat my FPS.

in that situation IT IS because of the map, even if you don't have a low end system, you will experience slowdowns.

By nature, MFCTI will display more and more scripts running/objects/AI/air vehicles with the time after every AI/Player build tons of them.

So while in the first 10/20 minutes slowdowns are not that noticable, after 30/40 mn (and sometime before if some MFCTI options for faster building are on) there is enough objects/AI/air vehicle to put OFP on its knees on a client that does not own a NASA computer.

But fortunately there are some versions of MFCTI that are more optimised, like the Zeus CTI with less intensive scripts that allow a smoother play, try to find servers running such CTI more OFP performance friendly versions.

Moving to Troubleshooting, it does sound as if it's simply a case of certain CTI's getting laggy over time due to the amount of items onscreen (as suggested), but I'll leave it open for now.