Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Eversmann

WRP Tool

Hey,

I have the latest Version of WRP Tool, using Windows XP SP2 but it crashes sometimes....was working on my Nogova, making a Naval Base and then there was a Error Message saying:

Acces Violation, and something else in a new window...

so, will there be an Update?

Greetz Eversmann

there wont be an updat AFAIK but this problem is encountered by many (inc me sad_o.gif )just restart your pc is the only way i find around it

Wildo

Quote[/b] ]there wont be an updat

Where do you get this kind of information?

Quote[/b] ]so, will there be an Update?

Yes.

Regards,

WrpTool Development Team

I imagine there will also be a version/update to WRPTool for ArmA?

- Ben

I honestly dont know. I'm hoping Armed Assault will still be using same OPRW/4WVR wrp file format (no, I have not read any "rumours" about ArmA, I'm busy with OFP1). If it uses some new format then of course WrpTool will not work with it.

We (WrpTool Dev Team) do not have any specific plans for OFP 2, we havent even spoken about Armed Assault yet.

Thanks Snake Man smile_o.gif

Hmm, you can use OFP 1 Addons in Armed Assault, so I think you can use the 4WVR wrp file format...for the old Island...Elevations...

yeah and maybe if you want to make the Armed Assault Islands with the New Elevations you have to make a new WRP Tool...

maybe...I don't know sad_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Save, save, save, save, save, save, save, and dont forget to save!

Haha Nooo Ive had the same problem and have lost major parts of maps some times now. Which is really annoying! The best thing I ever created IMO was gone due to crashing wrptool! sad_o.gif

When i converted the BIS islands to different versions, I just made a massive archive. You know like:

Winter nogova 23_06_2005-1400.wrp

Winter nogova 22_06_2005-1000.wrp

You know, just make copies of when the island was ok, incase wrptool or your pc crashes and "corrupts" your wrp's.

Or you make a booboo and mess the heights on some stuff, etc.

The golden rule is save and archive and make copies. biggrin_o.gif

After that, who cares if theres an update or not? rofl.gif

Just joking, I'd love to see an update. wow_o.gifyay.gif

I've done that Naval Base in 5 Minutes...just textures and elvation and some objects....I have to save more biggrin_o.gif

here's how i avoid random crashes, load up the thing, and load up the texture paths & model paths youre going to use, hit okay, and close it all. open it up again, open the island, and it'll work without error, for me anyways. make sure to save often, and after you load another map, you'll get an error usually and have to close. just hit ctl alt delete & exit the tool & start over. it's really not all that difficult to work around.

I've just learned to save on a continuos basis, especially after using a function (eg. region) that uses alot of resources, most of the time after an initial access violation try and use the save tool it usually will still be functional (I stress usually), usually the zoom in and out function are the first effected.

Maybe now that armed assault is going to become a real release, the creators of Wrptool will see reason in upgrading there software. However I'm so used to the quirkyness of the exsiting wrptool I've just become accustomed to making myself a cupa tea while I reboot my pc. whistle.gif

You guys make it sound like WrpTool is crashing all the time. For me it has never crashed under normal circumstances (I'm talking about v0.950 here, if you're not sure what version you got, download the latest from here).

I'd suggest making sure the installation is correct and so on. At the moment I do not know any access violation which is caused something else than faulty installation and/or configuration files (ForestDef.xml, RoadDef.xml etc).

If someone has way to re-produce a access violation / bug, I'm happy to receive a report from such event and I'll make sure we will try to fix it before next release.

Sorry Snake man, it not crashes all the time...but sometimes...not often...1 time a day for me...

I was making the Base, and then it crashed, and then I thought if wrp tool will be updated smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]there wont be an updat

Where do you get this kind of information?

my bad snake man, i was just going on the assumption that there wasnt going to be one as i havnt seen/heard about an update smile_o.gif

Wildo

I've never had a crash either.

Snake Man, is the new version going to improve the the object placer? What I mean is that with some addons when trying to place the models you just get the box with question mark in it. I know the manual states to put the path of the object in the objects.ini file, but when you do that you don't see the object, nor the box with question mark in it anymore.

Quote[/b] ]is the new version going to improve the the object placer?

Nope, no mentioned changes for the Object Placer in my changelog.

Quote[/b] ]some addons when trying to place the models you just get the box with question mark in it. I know the manual states to put the path of the object in the objects.ini file, but when you do that you don't see the object, nor the box with question mark in it anymore.

Now that sounds strange. What objects are these, if they are released I could test them myself?

Off the top of my head one of these addon packs is the finnish house pack. That is why I have not utilized it on my maps.

You could Binarize them for editing purposes only, I've done that too with Kumlinge.

You could Binarize them for editing purposes only, I've done that too with Kumlinge.

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I do that???