Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

My OFP2 addon released

Ive finally finished my OFP2 (game2) addon thx to Oyman I would never of got it released in the first place, I explain everything in the readme smile_o.gif and if you are wondering no I did not hack BIS servers I (with some help) made the model from scratch and made the textures out of bits of gamespot ofp2 pics

addon (and sample mission test included)

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/OFP2busstop(1).rar

pics:

ofp2bustopcomparison2.jpg

The sign is back to front in this pic this has been fixed wink_o.gif

ofp2busingamebus.jpgtounge2.gif

fat chance, thats my worst weakness I cant make infantry or texture them sad_o.gif

Aye, theirs already hummers that look like that

Making a new soldier model woul be good, but yeh, it is kinda hard

New, decently LODed buildings are missing, and would be good thought smile_o.gif

Very.. imaganitive addon, anyway biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

ummm one thing i dont uderstand (slep me if u think this is dumb) this addon is for ofp2? how can it be>?

Yeh, thats exactly what confused me when Brat first mentioned it on MSN..

Finaly worked out it's an addon that looks like OFP2, for OFP1 icon_rolleyes.giftounge2.gif

- Ben

When is someone going to script the OFP2 AI?

That wouldn't be bad after all, just got my squad killed when playing around on the flooded New Ocean City. No, not because the enemies shot 'em. No, not because a giant mouse trampled over them. But... Ahem, yes, they decided to crawl in waist-deep water tounge2.gif

When is someone going to script the OFP2 AI?

That wouldn't be bad after all, just got my squad killed when playing around on the flooded New Ocean City. No, not because the enemies shot 'em. No, not because a giant mouse trampled over them. But... Ahem, yes, they decided to crawl in waist-deep water tounge2.gif

Well aside from the fact that is impossible due to engine limitations and the huge amount of required resources, we don't even know what OFP2 AI will be like, therefore we obviously simulate them... And I realize your AI might be a bit suicidal near water, but you can make a script to fix that, force them to stand when in water, so they won't go prone unless forced prone by getting their legs all shot/beat up...

umm, who the hell would do all of that when you can just type into their init line (this setunitpos "up" ) without the "()" of course

umm, who the hell would do all of that when you can just type into their init line (this setunitpos "up" ) without the "()" of course

People who find making scripts very very very very easy.... biggrin_o.gif

the point is you dont need a script for it, it's built in the game.

Um, not really, AI won't automatically stand while in water.

yes, but you cant very well make a script that reminds them to keep their head above water & not drown, as most people tend to do in real life. you can, however, with a code from BIS, simply add "this setunitpos "up" " & they won't drown. tada, why make a script when you don't need one? too many scripts cause lag my friend.

yes, but you cant very well make a script that reminds them to keep their head above water & not drown, as most people tend to do in real life. you can, however, with a code from BIS, simply add "this setunitpos "up" " & they won't drown. tada, why make a script when you don't need one? too many scripts cause lag my friend.

Um yes you can make a script that does that.