Sign in to follow this  
Swedish Mercenary

Sniper rifle accuracy or adjustents for the scope?

The sniper rifles are very hard to youe over vast dintances.

I think BIS should implament adjustment for the scope to make it realistic.

while the M21 is useless at long range the SVD Dragunov isn't too bad, because its type of scope lets you rangefind easily.

I wouldnt like the adjustments on the GP sniper rifles, on the other hand I would like it on SV-98 or AWM.

M21 accuracy is great if know how to use it right wink.gif

In MP i use M21 mostly and best shoots i get was on ~560m (at 600m all players no more visible in ofp for me) not moving targets or ~400m moving targets. smile.gif

That's good enough for me either.

Fox

Prefer m21 to m16 especially when I'm in charge of a squad. Gives good range and it's not like you can only use it at long range, works when they're standing right in front of you too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACT SMILEY @ Jan. 18 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">while the M21 is useless at long range the SVD Dragunov isn't too bad, because its type of scope lets you rangefind easily.<span id='postcolor'>

as if! the m21 is the easier of the 2!, its much easier to take out people who stick thier heads out of vehicles with an m21 than the dragunov.

The only thing i´d like to have is some sort of wind indicator display when playing as sniper character, so that your first shot has a good chance to hit the 10 when shooting 500m+, if you did your calculations (based on the indicator) correctly.

And oh, almost forgot, the binoculars should have range estimation markings, so that the spotter can call distances to the next target to the sniper, engagements could be alot faster then in MP.

Satchel, Suma posted in one thread that wind is not affecting trajectory. Just to let you know.

Seriously?!?!

i´m pretty disillusioned now i must say. Until today i honestly was sure about wind being part of OFP affecting ballistics.

Is the wind just nullified, or are there no routines at all for it- did SUMA get more specific on this?

If it´s nullified then we could reenable it via the config.bin maybe.

M21 is great at long range.. I can hit targets out past 1000m with it all the time (setviewdistance).. as long as they are not moving around too much.. ya just have to mess with it a bit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 25 2002,08:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">M21 is great at long range.. I can hit targets out past 1000m with it all the time (setviewdistance)..  as long as they are not moving around too much..   ya just have to mess with it a bit.<span id='postcolor'>

With the dragunov you can take out fast-moving targets at distances up to 600m.

With the dragunov you can reach waaay out and touch a target at up to 1200 as long as they are not moving around too much. (Although >1000m maintining hit-ratio gets very hard)

It is even good enough to give off suppressive fire at up to 1400 meters.

You will just have to learn how to use the reticule.

Elevation and windage knobs would be VERY usefull.

An AW/M and Barrett would be NICE... :-)

My spotter could also use the Leica Vector 1500. ;-)