Sign in to follow this  
ofpchaos

"Red Crow" - RFMI in Chechnya

damn thats some nice stuff there biggrin_o.gif

will you put in some nice custom music & sounds at a stage yay.gif

The custom musics (chechen and russian songs) will be included in separate "rc_music.pbo". So it is not needed for the play and more 56k friendly. The musics will have over 10MB.

After a long time i have some news about the mission.

- many heavy bugs are fixed now

- the dead units will removed from the map (for better performance etc.)

- some new scripts used in the mission (performance saving scripts)

I will tell next time more about the mission.

Hello there, Chaos! wink_o.gif

I wouldn't recomend you remove ALL dead bodies from battlefield, but make some script, so ~10 dead units will stay where they are...

you know, it will creates atmosphere of real combat! biggrin_o.gifpistols.gif (ambient)

McBean

Yess, of course. But in this mission you have more than 64 enemy groups. I must remove more than 50% of these troops and the script will make it very ellegant. After the death the bodies will lying on the ground for short time (90secs) and will be changed after this time in the "dead body object" (body covered with cloth). After next XX seconds this object will rechanged with the "grave object" and after next short time this last object will move under the ground and will be deleted. All these change phases are animated. This script will be released in the next days/weeks on http://www.ofpmdb.net

In the mission i will ask per script about the BENCHMARK and this information will decide about the number of deleted bodies. wink_o.gif

Oh, it's really nice script! Hope you'll release your mission as soon is it posible! icon_rolleyes.gif

Hmm confused_o.gif So in aug 2005 you are telling this forum you are making a mission! Now almost a year later you are still telling this forum about making the same mission.Don't take this the wrong way.I would love to play this mission and i hope you make it.the thing is after a year wouldn't it have been better to have just posted complete mission crazy_o.gif Were i come from the is a saying:-"talk's cheap"

Yeah there seems to be a lot of 'talk' threads made in this section confused_o.gif

Many ideas which just seem to dissipate like smoke

Yeah there seems to be a lot of 'talk' threads made in this section confused_o.gif

In which you willingly participate: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....0;st=15.

Perhaps if you'd read the thread instead of finding the first one in which I'd posted, just to 'make your point', you'd have noticed that that particular thread isn't about a mission idea... icon_rolleyes.gif

When I said that "there seems to be a lot of 'talk' threads", I was referring to the fact that there are many, many threads started as a brilliant idea, which stay that, an idea.

Perhaps if you'd read the thread instead of finding the first one in which I'd posted, just to 'make your point', you'd have noticed that that particular thread isn't about a mission idea...  icon_rolleyes.gif

Exsactly. And please look, where this thread is; in User's Mission Forum. And it's not about making a point; it's a fact that you're complaining about the 'talking threads', but at the same time you participate in some pointless debate, where is no place for it. Personally I have nothing against it (if mods don't have then ...), but don't be some kind of moralist then.

Quote[/b] ]

When I said that "there seems to be a lot of 'talk' threads", I was referring to the fact that there are many, many threads started as a brilliant idea, which stay that, an idea.

So? It happens. And it will continue to happen; some just like to rumble mumble about their ideas. If they find participators ...

*sigh* Those bloody mondays, I hate them ...

Talk threads are fine if the mission is progressing and something for release is imminent, apparently that isn't the case, if it changes PM me.