Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Project '85

What is Project '85?

Project '85, is a project getting the old Operation Flashpoint story back alive.

By creating new models and reskinning 1985 era material. In a further stage missions and maybe a campaign will be created with these new stuff.

The missions will take place on Everon, Malden and Kolgujev.

More information will follow soon, for now here is a screenshot of the M730 Chaparral.

m730-001s.jpg

Want to help us? martijn.wagtmans@home.nl

Looks boss! You gonna make a Sheridan tank? OFP needs one of those.

-Breaker Out

Looks boss! You gonna make a Sheridan tank? OFP needs one of those.

-Breaker Out

Highly possible there will be a Sheridan tank made for Project '85 smile_o.gif

Hi Vixer,

I presume this deals with the hypothetical Cold War Crises I was just wondering will this be the USA vs. Russia slug match or are you thinking about doing a full NATO (i.e. UK, West Germany, France etc) vs. USSR (Poland, East Germany, Czechs etc) confrontation.

Hi Vixer,

I presume this deals with the hypothetical Cold War Crises I was just wondering will this be the USA vs. Russia slug match or are you thinking about doing a full NATO (i.e. UK, West Germany, France etc) vs. USSR (Poland, East Germany, Czechs etc) confrontation.

It is mainly gone be a match between the USA and Russia, After a civil war in 1974 on the island group of Malden, Everon and Kolgujev. The US decided to station US troops in the region. US base South-West Malden (little island) and some little bases spread over Everon. Kolgujev is ruined in the civil war and all civilians got evacuated and build up a new home on Everon or Malden.

Any types of militia troops/vehicles planned for Malden, Everon and Kolgujev to go with the post civil war part?

Any militia troops planned for Malden, Everon and Kolgujev?

Since the Civil War, there has been a National Guard trained to maintain peace in the area. However those got spread out at the time of the russian invasion. Some are on their own and some managed to join up with US troops. So there will be a kind of militia group, only very small and not very strong.

If you are planning on having the resistance side; I would suggest also using Everon Defence Force Soldiers with the hunting gear fatigues. They could be the reminants of the military trying to fight off the russians.

example

And another thing; seeing as we already have decent 85 era US soldiers, how about adding a couple female soldiers?  smile_o.gif

Those BIS islands (Everon, Malden, and Kolgujev) are real life places? wow_o.gif

Those BIS islands (Everon, Malden, and Kolgujev) are real life places? wow_o.gif

I think I detect a little sarcasm( wink_o.gif ), but I might as well point out something interesting: yes and no. They are real islands, but with different names and they are not in a single chain...they are spread all over the world.

Malden.

Everon

Kolgujev

not to sound pesimistic but how is this really gonna be different from the storyline that came with stock OFP ....

not to sound pesimistic but how is this really gonna be different from the storyline that came with stock OFP ....

This storyline is about the russians that attempt to create a second "Cuba", This time without a political crisis. They just attack the island on surprise and everyone not happy with it has a problem.  wink_o.gif

I think I detect a little sarcasm( wink_o.gif ), but I might as well point out something interesting: yes and no. They are real islands, but with different names and they are not in a single chain...they are spread all over the world.

Malden.

Everon

Kolgujev

I believe they are a islandgroup in the ofp storyline, also because the A10's fly from malden to kolgujev later in the campaign.

are you going to do some historical accuracy for this mod?

there are the following mistakes in CWC

-uh60 not fully active in 1985 - use uh-1

-m16a2 not deployed, m16a1 still in use

-bradley non-existant

-abrams rare, but could have been in use

-hmmwv rare, MUTTs widespread

-t80s rare, use t72

and remember, there are NO m249s in use with US forces, they hardly made it to Gulf war 1.

notworthy.gif

are you going to do some historical accuracy for this mod?

there are the following mistakes in CWC

-uh60 not fully active in 1985 - use uh-1

-bradley non-existant

-abrams rare, but could have been in use

-hmmwv rare, MUTTs widespread

-t80s rare, use t72

and remember, there are NO m249s in use with US forces, they hardly made it to Gulf war 1.

notworthy.gif

The bradley wasn't actully part of the orginial campaign from memory can came with patch 1.2, it was a simular story with the hmmwv BIS released it in a patch which was unaffiliated with the original CWC campaign.

Remember BIS released these addons in patches a time before o2 was around so basically "new" models released into the community was the result of what BIS made and people used to retexture them.

Hi Vixer,

It is mainly gone be a match between the USA and Russia, After a civil war in 1974 on the island group of Malden, Everon and Kolgujev. The US decided to station US troops in the region. US base South-West Malden (little island) and some little bases spread over Everon. Kolgujev is ruined in the civil war and all civilians got evacuated and build up a new home on Everon or Malden.

Shame, it would be good for a mod to capture the atmosphere of so many nations involved. The america vs Commies has been done so many times... there were a lot of other nations involved in the cold war (though like every war they become involved in with the americans, their part is forgotten until it just becomes another "american" war. icon_rolleyes.gif )

But so far the stuff looks good, as usual so really there's nothing to complain about. smile_o.gif

This idea sounds great. I prefer the 80s timescale to the more modern units being made. I suppose you've already taken into consideration the CSLAII russian units and vehicles.They would be ideal. We don't need new models of the original CWC vehicles just maybe reskinning like CSLA did on the Blackhawk and M113. Anyway i'll be keeping a close eye on this little mod (look to the left of the screen  smile_o.gif  )

Quote[/b] ]-abrams rare, but could have been in use

Yes some were in use but only M1 not M1A1 which BIS used for CWC.

Quote[/b] ]I suppose you've already taken into consideration the CSLAII russian units and vehicles.They would be ideal. We don't need new models of the original CWC vehicles just maybe reskinning like CSLA did on the Blackhawk and M113. Anyway i'll be keeping a close eye on this little mod (look to the left of the screen)

I think some new models would be nice too, but many have been made already. Combat made a nice M113A2, RHS is working on a T80 and a T62-pack, CSLA made many very nice and useful addons. What I want to say is: please don't reinvent the wheel! Use these nice addons if the makers give you permission. After all the decision is up to you, of cause!

The M-16A2 entered service in 1983 two years before the CWC featured in the game

luckily! biggrin_o.gif

But using the old jeeps is a nice idea they look cool, and I allways get the feeling in those old BIS ones with the canvas roof, and the large antenna...

Was there a similiar purpose vehicle before the Bradley, I think not but if somebody knows the answer please inform me.

the M113 was the predecessor of the Bradley which I think we have a coulpe perfect versions in CBT's version biggrin_o.gif honestly, theres not a lot needed in addons for "another" cwc I definately wanna try out the chapparel Vixer is workin on...but we've got ALOT of 80's era addons floating around already to...just a couple "ask and borrow's" would be needed I would think..more work on a decent campaign should be where the effort goes IMHO...about the whole cold war thing I'd much rather see an actual WWIII scenario from the cold war ie a Fulda Gap crisis where the soviets push into western europe or something like that...that way there would be room for some eastern german forces, the CSLA's excellent addons among others....

Malden.

Everon

Kolgujev

Lol seriously, i never knew that. thanks for the info.