Sign in to follow this  
privatenoob

BAS Tonal Island crashes my OFP

Couldnt find any thread about this but I download BAS Tonal Island MOD from OFP.zone and followed the installation guide. Everything you needed was in that file except JAM_Magazines and sound v2. Anyway I downloaded and installed those too. But when I start OFP it crashes in the beginning, I tried restarting computer but the same. So I finally took every BAS PBO away and my OFP works fine now.

So whats the deal with this? Its not the first time I have problem with BAS JAM and such. It freaks me out, I wanna play it. sad_o.gif

Best way to handle BAS addons in my opinion is to d/l them all and to install them in  a modfolder.

When I did so no problem occurred.

Maybe you are suffering on an undetected addon dependency or so. Sometimes an addon is missing, if you have all oft them you can avoid that.

Have a look on BAS site:

Ballistic Addon Studios

LOOK, just download the tonal island & all of that jazz, create a new folder, name it BAS, inside of that folder, create another new folder called 'addons'   put everything from tonal inside there. when you're done, take the BAS folder, drop it in the flashpoint directory.   create a new flashpoint shortcut, right click on it, & where it says '"C:\blahblahblahFLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" "

make it look like this at the end...

RESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=bas

hit apply or whatever,& just use that shortcut.

it's worth chasing after if you like that kinda thing. it's one of the more laggier island released for those who don't have a good PC. it just depends on what you're looking for.

USE -nomap on the end of your shortcut target

........RESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=bas

tonal is a BIG addon and -nomap command was put in to support big addons /mods .....

And now I can say THANK you! smile_o.gif

It worked perfectly. Turns out it was worth chasing after even If I died before reaching the checkpoint at my first try. biggrin_o.gif

This was great.