j-man

A brand new real life mission

Guest The Cobra

OK... How's the progress here?

BTW; you can use this one, for sleeping simulaton

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;Time to skip in hours.

_timeSkip = 6

;Sleep

disableUserInput TRUE

titlecut [" ","BLACK OUT",3]

~3

skipTime _timeSkip

~5

titlecut [" ","BLACK IN",2]

disableUserInput FALSE

~2

exit

As a sleeping script. Some1 else wrote it in ME&S before so no cred for me for this

smile_o.gif

BTW; That could be for sleeping, but taking a nap

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;Time to skip in hours.

_timeSkip = 0.25

;Sleep

disableUserInput TRUE

~3

skipTime _timeSkip

~5

disableUserInput FALSE

~2

exit

Only 15 minutes biggrin_o.gif

Surely there's a script so that once you've drank enough, you'll fall asleep in the middle of a road and then wake up with no money or anything in the middle of nowhere? (aka a bush) tounge2.gif

Ahh well anyways, sounds GREAT! Especially a mp-version for even just 2 persons or so would kick as... butt.

Guest The Cobra

That would be quite easy I think. It qounts the time you choose to drink, and if you do it 5 times in a 15 minute period

Drunk.sqs

_timeSkip = 6

;Sleep

disableUserInput TRUE

~3

skipTime _timeSkip

~5

disableUserInput FALSE

~2

;Moving around

s1 domove getpos gl1

exit

s1=the name of the player

gl1=a game logic placed somewhere

Maybe something like that...

BTW; A list of the music used in the mission?

smile_o.gif

Thanks for the scripts cobra.

I'm simply adding in easter eggs/secrets and they should be done in one or two days. Other than that, everything else in the mission is finished.

The music used in the mission is just regular OFP music. But i'm going to add a tutorial in the readme on how to add your own custom music (it's pretty easy to do).

There is one thing I'm having trouble with. I tried creating a sign addon that used the "setobjecttexture" command, but it failed totally. If someone would like to help, please PM me. I have a model setup and everything, but for some reason, the "setobjecttexture" command dosn't work (yes, i've read several tutorials on the subject). Or, if someone would like to create a new sign, that would also be good. Something along the lines of THIS. smile_o.gif

Yeehaa, we'll be able to put our own custom music? Ha ha, can it support 2 hours of country? tounge2.gif

Can't wait to drive around waving a gun listening Johnny Cash thumbs-up.gif

Very good it seems like nich island and all stuf rly cool keep up the good work

**UPDATE ON THE MISSIONS STATUS**

The mission WILL be released tomorrow biggrin_o.gif.

All work on the mission has been completed and there is nothing else to be done.

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]Surely there's a script so that once you've drank enough, you'll fall asleep in the middle of a road and then wake up with no money or anything in the middle of nowhere? (aka a bush)

You won't be disappointed Dynamite_cow. Try going to the local inn and ordering a few alcoholic drinks.... whistle.gif

Looking forward to giving this a go, could be good fun. *wonders if he can steal a gun from the shooting range...*

Guest The Cobra
**UPDATE ON THE MISSIONS STATUS**

The mission WILL be released tomorrow biggrin_o.gif.

All work on the mission has been completed and there is nothing else to be done.

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]Surely there's a script so that once you've drank enough, you'll fall asleep in the middle of a road and then wake up with no money or anything in the middle of nowhere? (aka a bush)

You won't be disappointed Dynamite_cow. Try going to the local inn and ordering a few alcoholic drinks....  whistle.gif

Ohh, sh*t no time to take away all unneccesary addons...

<span id='ME'><center>The Cobra runs to clean up his harddrive!</center></span>

VERSION 1.00 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Check 1st post for more information wink_o.gif

J-man

Had a quick go now I have downloaded addons and set up a mod file.

Really impressive, only had a quick drive around the island as its the early hours here in the UK.

Seems really impressive, hats off to you - looking foward to a proper go tomorrow smile_o.gif

Racked up 2 speeding fines straight off, one from a cop car and one from a speed camers - excellent!!!

Good work!

Shall be playing this in the morning, it is a bit bloody late here.

awesome!! playing now...

btw, i think you broke some kind of record with the number of addons required for just one mission (174mb crazy_o.gif) biggrin_o.gif

Never thought I see a mission like this thanks J man, its ppl like you that make OFP go on and on... thumbs-up.gif

Nice work, but i suggest you cold do an Addons pack just to have all addons with one download!

Guest The Cobra

Downloading all addons.

Many addons, hope it will be worth it...

thumbs-up.gif

<s>Is it just me, or isnt the mission located in the missionfile. I can only find the island...</s> It's just me tounge2.gif

Very good addon, well made. It just lags far too much on my PC for me to be able to enjoy it properly sad_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

OK, way to laggy for my sh*tcomp.

Seems to be very nice, but I wont be able to play this before christmas... sad_o.gif

three comments after a few time spent on:

1) i dont like the mission concept, based on a few way of saltuary works, like find a mule or clean tables. The system doesn't give you the opportunity to grow your work experience and get a real job, where you go every mornig. And i didnt like the farm: you start with a your work, i would have preferred if you started without job and you would have chosen your job

2) I didn't like the addons download: it would have been better if you did an addon pack where we could download the entire pack

3) The scripts you used are written in a really hard way to understand, they are not simple and linear but they are very intricate.

4) Good scripting anyway , i really liked the police sistem, its really well done.

So its a good mission, but its not my rpg mission.

Anyway im making a mission of Real life too, im at 40-50% of the work, and i had some problems with lag and the police sistem, so i would know if i can use some of yours scripts like the police one. surely i'll credit you.

Guest Ti0n3r

The two addons "USCG-Pack-1_fix" and "Vit_Bell206III Police11" had exe installers. I would be very happy if someone could post a link to a rar/zip version of them.

smile_o.gif

Guest The Cobra
3) The scripts you used are written in a really hard way to understand, they are not simple and linear but they are very intricate.

So?

You have plans for stealing them?