Sign in to follow this  
harley 3 1185

Addon Request

Would anybody be interested in making one of these for the underdeveloped seas of OFP?

lun_dr.jpg

I don't know whether it's possible to have Wing-In-Ground Effect Aircraft due to the limitations (all so few tounge2.gif) of the OFP Engine, but they would make a fabulous addition to the "East" side's offensive capability, what with the missile version pictured, utitlity variants and "landing craft" versions. Fascinating dinosaurs of the Cold War. The model pictured is a "Lun" Ekranoplan "launched" in 1987. I have a fascinating book in Russian which features alot of the recently (back in '96) de-classified information on these giants. I'll scan some pictures if anyone is interested.

HOLY CR#P !! Thats the Caspian Sea Monster .... except with some SERIOUS teeth !!!! notworthy.gif

As for OFP limitations ..... I guess it'll just be a plane with a scripted height limiter.

But if OFP's East get this, what do the West get thats similar ? ("balanced missions" smile_o.gif )

No, no. This one's smaller than the "Caspian Sea Monster", but as you put it, it has TEETH.

As for the West, Boeing designed something similar to this a couple years back which if built could carry SEVENTEEN M1 Tanks at once. I'll have to see if the Armed Forces gave them some money to build it. Now that would be balanced, and not a little fun.

Would'nt it be more of a boat that a plane? It's easy enough to get a boat to hover just above the surface. All you need to do then, is make it sit flush with the waves when it's stationary. Then slowly raise it up as the speed increases?

holy crap!  wow_o.gif I didn't know thre was an armed version of the monster. that things amazing. good luck; itll probably be a monster to make.

Hi, the E&S RNI units will look great exiting of that... plane!?, there's no need of a balanced addon for this one, there'r those USMC big hovercrafts to carry stuff, some LST's & someday... AAV7's & LAV's. I guess that plane?, will deploy the units in the cargo in poorly defenced shores or in some poorly defenced shores where has been raining cucumbers from the sky by over 6 or 7 hours; anyway... i'll like to see my E&S russian Marines going out of that fat b****. Let's cu

It might be nice for cut scenes and such, but it's way too vulnerable to SAM's and AAM's right now. You would have to decide whether you want there to West air support or not, because as it is one RAD Hornet, or Footmunch F-15C on the other side of the map would turn this thing into scrap metal in short order. Then again, it would be fun to play Vulcan having to ward off these bastards.

Meh, its like all the kit for the game. Somebody make it, and I'll blow it away.