Sign in to follow this  
bucket man

Iranian soldiers

Yeah lol they would sure look better with the combat boots and pants tucked in but that would require modeling and unfortunately thats a "no go zone" for me.

If anybody wants to help thats fine by me. wink_o.gif

Also those photos mostly show IRGC and other special forces. The regular iranians still wear the generic khaki&olive green uniforms.

While SF are always not a bad idea down the road, it's nice to see your "basic" troops made once in awhile like this project. smile_o.gif

Do the uniforms have wrinkles?

They looka bit clean. I'm knitpicking.

Sorry the wrinkles are quite absent because of my texturing "skills". whistle.gif

Just one little thing to do before release and I could use some help. When I use these with the IMUC iraqis that are the base for my iranians all the display names like "Iranian Revolutionary Guard"

revert back to the original IMUC mods names. No error messages and they work fine without the IMUC mods iraqis. confused_o.gif

send me config

ill look

im getting the hang of the config.cpp

also pls make hd versions

im willing to add it in the config if you want

Well I dont think its in the config. The display names are in stingtable.csv file.

config.bin stuff?

No I dont think so... There is a separate file in the pbo called stringtable.csv that has all the display names. The config.cpp then refers to this stringtable.csv file.

Edit: The HD versions are kinda there. The main weapon for iranians is the G3 in the HK pack. It does not have any HD versions. However the LoBo AK47 I use does have HD versions and all the soldiers armed with the AK47 are HD by default to simulate the poor quality of iranian AK47 clones and the skills of the average army/IRGC trooper. wink_o.gif

Ok broblem solved. Now I adjust their loadout and fix a little texture bug and they are ready to go! yay.gif

Since I cant model and didnt think of anything to differ the regular iranians from the regular iraqis I decided to use a VERY cheap trick and added iranian flags on their shoulders. Since I couldnt find the real iranian army shoulder badge thats all I can do. confused_o.gif

Ready for release. I just need a free host. I had some broblems sending this to OFP.info because my FREE hotmail account is a total piece of shit and doesnt like the size of the rar file. banghead.gif

Any hints?

Quote[/b] ]Ready for release. I just need a free host. I had some broblems sending this to OFP.info because my FREE hotmail account is a total piece of shit and doesnt like the size of the rar file.

Any hints?

I can provide a FTP site at least to stick it on for OFP.info to upload it onto their servers from.  How big is the pack?  If its not gigantic, just PM me and I'll send you my email address. The FTP site is Uziyahu's though and it doesn't allow for a huge bandwidth so its not really suitable for using as a main FTP site.  

You could also PM Blackdog or Hooahman and they could get it up on their FTP's or on Edgefiles.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm drooling for these! They are based off the modern Irani soldier, right?

Yes they are based on modern Iranian soldiers.

About the delay, me and Miles Teg had a discussion and decided that its too much for people to download 2 different weapon packs for 3 weapons. Those weapons were G3 and MG-3 in the HK pack and the very nice folding stock AKM in the new LoBo terrorist pack.

So we decided that those 3 weapons would be integrated into the iranian addon to save trouble for you people. wink_o.gif

This however is going to take some time as Calm Terror is the one who is making the cpp stuff and hes on a vacation. In about a week hes back and until then I will change the texture paths and so on.

Miles also spotted a few bugs&inaccuracies wich are pretty much fixed now I think.

Good news people! Calm Terror is back already! yay.gif

Those crazy Lost Brothers people was thinking about adding commandos too and I have to admit I liked the idea. So this has kinda became the joint project between me and Lobo team.

This is going to delay things abit though. confused_o.gif

I just want to have an Iran vs USMC scenario? Won't you let me live that dream? Won't you?

NO! tounge2.gif

Wait a little bit people. The ball is now in Lost Brothers hands and they are working on a few things that will make this addon way better that I could have ever achieved on my own.

Quote[/b] ]Since I cant model and didnt think of anything to differ the regular iranians from the regular iraqis I decided to use a VERY cheap trick and added iranian flags on their shoulders

Are you still releasing the pack with some units just having flag textures or are you fixing that up as well?

I guess I just dont want to see a Iraqi clone pack when you have so much more you could do with these units.

Looking foward to it's release though. thumbs-up.gif

NO!  tounge2.gif

Wait a little bit people. The ball is now in Lost Brothers hands and they are working on a few things that will make this addon way better that I could have ever achieved on my own.

hell yeah iranian commandos vs us or sas commandos

clandestine shit all over

i'd rather see a Iran and Iraq mod more than a Iran U.S. mod.

i'd rather see a Iran and Iraq mod more than a Iran U.S. mod.

its not a mod

its an addon

Yeah the flag textures are still there unfortunately. If somebody has a book or something with proper army badge I will be happy to apply it.

Thats how its gona be until proper insignia is found.

Also Calm Terror from the LoBo team fixed a few bugs, added HD versions to all of the weapons and did other stuff too so now you wont have to download the whole HK pack and Lost Brothers terrorist pack to play with these.

I was actually just now testing with them and found a small sound bug on the MG-3. Easy to fix I bet.

Also you can use these guys against US in modern conflict or against iraqis in a Iran-Iraq war scenario. The camos and weapons were pretty much the same.

hi,i'm ali from iran and i playing ofp.my english language is not full,and i can write english language very few.excuse me if some words are mistake.

if you have any question from iranian army please ask me for help and i will work on weblog about iranian army information.if its done i will send link.

Oh Oh Oh, Nationalist, you speak Farsi.. you would be great for voices!

ps. You've done great work with these soldiers, perhaps you will make some Irani vehicles for them?