Sign in to follow this  
Sith

OFPN Tutorials

Ok why does it revert back to Unit Icons every time I click on the other tabs and scroll down on the Editor Icons tutorial?

you lost me on that one damage inc, i couldnt find the problem you were talking about.

Well go to the Editor Icons tutorial and click on the other tabs besides Unit Icons and scroll down.

Thanks for that ... I will fix it a.s.a.p. Something went wrong when I applied the new HTML template smile.gif

a nice ctf template for the editor would be sweet so i can put the ctf template in my missions folder to view it in the mission editor

inclued templates is a great idea russin@roughnecks.org

A team and i are currently making a manual with LOADS!! of tut's... we would appreciate it if you could possibly spare some temps for us...

bumpity bump......

weebles wooble but they don't fall down

Rob: sure thing, just dont steal any credits...alot of work has gone into them wink.gif

hey sith what about me can please have a template too ??i made a ctf but i don't get points and walkie talkie i would be forever gratfull biggrin.gif

How can i save a file as file.sqs? It always is saves it as file.sqs.txt and i can't change it. I have tried using Microsoft Word, WordPad and Notepad and none of them work.

Thanx for the help

In the save as box type "file.sqs" the "" force the extension smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BiG_D @ Feb. 03 2002,13:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can i save a file as file.sqs? It always is saves it as file.sqs.txt and i can't change it. I have tried using Microsoft Word, WordPad and Notepad and none of them work.

Thanx for the help<span id='postcolor'>

why are you trying to save something as .sqs?confused.gif

The 'SQS' extension is for script-files. Just like the 'SQM' is a mission-file. smile.gif

Sith: How about some tuts on: Dummies guides on how to make scripts?

cheers smile.gif

/me thinks, you have to change your folder-settings of your explorer. Turn off the "hide extions of known files" and you'll be okay... now you can create a textfile NEW --> TEXTFILE and rename it to .sqs

Hope it helps...

Grtz, WW

Hi, i need a little help. I was using the "Tutorial 3 - Helicopter boarding" <----- http://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint/Tutorial3/Tutorial%203.html and i was wondering if there is a way to board a chopper by yourself. So when the chopper is supposed to come, to pick you up, it lands and waits for you to get in then fly's off.

Thanks

well im back!!!! im tryin to get guys to talk with my lip file if buggered it up some where if you could honour me a example mission for this also please ??

rn_russin@hotmail.co

hey Im looking at the CTF tutorial and Ive no idea what folder to put the custom sounds into, so that they will appear in the trigger>effects>sounds>annonymous drop down list, can anyone help?

I'm done making an Omaha beach mission, except for one part. The parachuting...

I'm using a C-47 and a WW2 squad both from http://www.ofpww2.dk/

but the script you guys gave me never works with them, I changed the names in it and all but it still won't run as proper. Is there something else needed, I tried seeing what is wrong with my mission by going into your tutorial and stripping it down so I can see, but your tutorial is ready only, pls help...

now this is an old thread. Anyway, looking for some information I couldnt find in the wiki, did a google and kinda ended up here.

Would it be possible to give premission for all this tutorials to end up in the wiki?

I see no problems with that, what do you say Sith?

Please confirm the information first though, those tutorials were written millenia ago ;-)

Pleas help

on the page linked to bellow ther is a tutareal about respawn (it is about harf the way down) and i am confused as to what file type i should save my respawn text as because the tutareal says to save it as an ".ext" and as far as i know this file type dose not exsist

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint/Tutor_10.html

pleze help

J

That's right, you need to save as ext, but luckily you can do so using any normal text editor. Just enter a filename like: description.ext.

The only risk is that your editor may save the file as description.ext.txt. In that case you will just need to remove that last bit from the filename manually. I guess there is an easier way of preventing this, but I don't know it smile_o.gif

In every (worthwhile) mission there is a description.ext. This contains the briefing, respawn, scenario conditions and many other much needed things (dialogues 'n' shit)...

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/tutes.php

This link has a tutorial on the said Description.ext file.

Regarding the tutorial 2 CTF, I'd like to know how to make the mission begin (intro) like any other mission by default: start in map with briefing and only after that start the actual game.

Thanks.

EDIT:

It works now.