Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

Multiple Groups Activating Trigger

I have made a mission where one of the objectives is to defend a town the character is defending. I want the objective to tick off once all 3 of the attacking groups have been killed. They are named gr1, gr2, and gr3. I have tried putting the following in the condition field, but it did not work:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this AND gr1dead AND gr2dead AND gr3dead

It didn't work though sad_o.gif. Any other ideas?

1 trigger set to gamelogic.

type: end#1

condition:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">not alive gr1 && not alive gr2 && not alive gr3

I think that should work. smile_o.gif

p.s. typing from work so don't kill me if it doesn't work straight away. It should as i am using lotsa stuff like that trigger you need.

That doesn't work because these are groups. The not alive command can only be used for objects wink_o.gif. Thanks though.

Do it like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"alive _x" count units gr1 == 0 && "alive _x" count units gr2 == 0 && "alive _x" count units gr3 == 0

That works for sure, however some script wizard must know some better way to check all groups. That is somewhat copy-paste method smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"alive _x" count ((units gr1) + (units gr2) + (units gr3))== 0

That is a slightly shorter method.

RED