Sign in to follow this  
blacknight_pl

CHECHNYA (ISHKERIA)

Hi.

I have found a topic about Chechen Island made by RussianChechen aka Dsinfo:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=45474

This is very good island, i think one of the best in OFP. The terrain, the mountains, villages, everything is well made.

And the island have almost all names of the cities and villages like in the real world.

But, it has some very big lag in some places. My computer is no "Monster" but no other island works like that.

It loads very slowly, and when i quit a mission it takes some time to go back to menu.

It has no bugs really, only this, or maybe some small that i can't see.

And my question:

Can someone maybe take a look on this island and make some corrections ? Because i have no idea about addon making.

It uses AGS Industrial Pack. Maybe Agent Smiths can do something about that smile_o.gif or other Island Maker.

This is the link for the Island:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;40729

It is the almost finished version. On all sites there is the 25% unfinished version.

Take a look. It is very good Island. One of the most realistic one.

Yes it would be very nice if i could finish this GREAT Island but, and i quote myself:

"i have no idea about addon making"

Maybe Someone, Someday ........ biggrin_o.gif

Well nether do I but I'm learning how to make unit replacement configs and I'm still fooling around with O2. So maybe you should get some of the tools for island making and talk to some of the veteran island makers for tips. wink_o.gif

Maybe that's a good idea. I think Agent Smiths is a veteran. He has done some "tuning" in Afghanistan. And now it's one of the best Islands. He knows how to eliminate the lag, to make it more playable. But it will be a looooong time before i make some progress on the Island to make it worth release.

And that i think somebody who is good with this, can make it faster and better.

Maybe i buy 1GB of RAM tounge_o.gif

Can someone post a mirror? or send me the file and I will smile_o.gif

i sent that file too reven, the final version is uploaded to filefront, i'll search if i can find the link

edit: oops you were faster tounge_o.gif

OK .. you guys have me WAY confused. Is it a final? If so cool .. want the file smile_o.gif .. If not I will go back to plan A and finish the Island.

*System Stack Overflow*

@BATPBC

It looks like a final but the readme says:

" Version 2004.11 beta. Specified for testing. "

The Island is Ok but the problem is the lag. It really is very bad in some places, specialy when You fly a helicopter.

So whats the date on the pbo? I wonder if mine is the same or if it needs to be updated to the current one before I revamp it.

Also is it CWC textures still?

@BATPBC

My date of the pbo is 10 november. This is the date of last modification of the file. The date in the readme is 11.2004. I think it is the latest.

You can't do anything with the lag. It got to do with the amount of objects on the island. The more objects, the longer loading time. No bug. I've got the final island, and I got no lag when playing on it.

You can't do anything with the lag. It got to do with the amount of objects on the island. The more objects, the longer loading time. No bug. I've got the final island, and I got no lag when playing on it.

can you upload it, or is it the one the link on the first page goes to?

I'm quite sure it's the right one, the link. It's not really the finished version, but it's the latest version, I think. And I've heard rumours that it won't be worked on it anymore, I think, or it's just my sleepy mind making up stuff tounge_o.gif

@Garcia

Yes. The island is full of objects. Maybe You have right, and the lag is cause of the many objects on the map. But i like this island. I think it's realistic, and represents good this country. Even if Maxpain[ORCS] says something else. But this is only my opinion.

@DPS [CCCP]

Hey, don't scare us, we are only players, this is only a game, only a game. smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

(The Mi-8 is fantastic)

@ June 08 2005,10:54)]Be aware, FSB now watching on you all;)

lol, they can watch my ass as much as they want wink_o.gif Don't really got plans to terrorise Russia, as long as they don't attack Norway tounge_o.gif If I was to be a terrorist I would have other targets wink_o.gif

Anyway, I guess this topic is solved?

@Garcia

Yes. I think we close now. I am pleased with this topic. Maybe in the future the island will be updated.

Thanks for Reply Everybody. smile_o.gif

Well after looking at the latest beta, and having it kill my 2.8 Ghz with 1.5 Gig of RAM on a GF6800GT box. We need a diffrent one.

Going to do some research on the terrian in the area and make a more playable island.

Will NOT be based of RL map, in other words the terrian, trees, bushes, hills ect will be made from the area discription.

But the layout will be from my imagination.

Im not a big fan of islands that mimic RL areas because we dont have that kind of versitilty in the map editor or game to pull it off right.

I think it looks like a "chunk" has been cut out. Which is fine if you stay away from the edges of the island. But then that hamstrings the mission makers.

So my rant there was just to stave off the "thats not based on a real area" comments before I even start smile_o.gif

I will start a new thread on this once I get started (be a couple weeks because Im finishing up my other island)

Peace

@BATPBC

I accept Your concept of the island biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to Your other island (i think IRAQ ?), and this new version in the future.

My regards.