Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-8 pack - work in progress

Great job smile_o.gif

Btw what are the main differences between a Mi-8 and a Mi-17 ?

The name and the engines..

Also the most obvious is that the tail rotor is on the other side

OK thanks

so no big visual differences between both of them though, a nice addon to repalce BIS Mi-17 smile_o.gif

....I dont know what to say...its just so...beautiful! The news post on OPF.info hit me like a brick wall.

wow_o.gif keep it up!

oh, if only ofp:r would have multi gunner possitions on helicopters, i think it wouldn't be so hard to do, Soviet Afghan war, mi-8/17 gunship modification, with ags-17 grenade launcher in the nose, pk mg in the back's colapsable doors, and pk mgs on both sides of cargo cabin and 6 rocket laucher pods...

well, i'm waiting for this pack! I hope you will make some special special features on this bird...

Hmmm, east helicopter bases are starting to look like Flashpoint 2 biggrin_o.gif , its hard to believe you do this just has a hobby, i mean these addons look like the same quality of vbs1 ones, maybe even better than some smile_o.gif .

Hmmm, east helicopter bases are starting to look like Flashpoint 2 biggrin_o.gif , its hard to believe you do this just has a hobby, i mean these addons look like the same quality of vbs1 ones, maybe even better than some smile_o.gif .

let's not give them idea's shall we? smile_o.gif

great work... truly amazing tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Looking really elite the first picture in this topic is allready fully fully elite...

I was wondering are you also going to make the CIA Mi-8 that flies arround in aghanistan carrying SF all over the place!rock.gif?rock.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

They are so beautiful because they mainly improved the materials  smile_o.gif

...and because the models look so perfect, and because of all the small details and research, and the amazing texture work, and the nice animations, and the great scripts and efects.....

Will any of these have a working nose gun?

You ask us to disable it?smile_o.gif

They are so beautiful because they mainly improved the materials smile_o.gif

...and because the models look so perfect, and because of all the small details and research, and the amazing texture work, and the nice animations, and the great scripts and efects.....

The effects seem to be FlashFx ones smile_o.gif

Can/will this chopper be able to transport a UAZ in it? I dont know the capabilities of this helicopter in RL, but can it in-game? Because the MI-26's ramp is too large. (at least...I think. Somebody might be able to get it in there) But dont misunderstand me, I am by no means saying that chopper was bad. It is in fact one of my favorites.

thanks.  smile_o.gif

Can/will this chopper be able to transport a UAZ in it? I dont know the capabilities of this helicopter in RL, but can it in-game? Because the MI-26's ramp is too large. (at least...I think. Somebody might be able to get it in there) But dont misunderstand me, I am by no means saying that chopper was bad. It is in fact one of my favorites.

thanks.  smile_o.gif

No, you can't transport anything vehicle inside. Moreover, we disable possibility to walk inside cargoroom, because this make the Geometry bad, that cause bad flight model. I hope that BIS fix physics in next OFP;)

@ June 06 2005,06:27)]

thanks.  smile_o.gif

No, you can't transport anything vehicle inside. Moreover, we disable possibility to walk inside cargoroom, because this make the Geometry bad, that cause bad flight model. I hope that BIS fix physics in next OFP;)

Yea, vit had the same problem with his Mi17/Mi8 pack with the roadyways in the rear of the chopper, thing was extremly unstable in the air and was rear heavy on the ground  crazy_o.gif its that darn bug in OFP that recognizes a roadway LOD as the ground and stuff... So we just took out the roadyway LOD.

uhh...sorry for my ignorance...but what do you guys mean with "roadway LODs" And stuff? thanks.

its mod talk... basically a roadway is what it sounds like... its a area in a vehicle, on the ground, in a building etc that opf recognises as being able to be walked on... this is why in some houses, buildings you fall through the roof etc because they have no roadway, i.e they're not recognised as walkable

the same can be applied to vehicles, but with certain limitations as they've just discussed

Though you won't be able to walk around in these it is not a problem, they look nice enough that even a small batter of bugs could be easily overlooked. Very impressive job on the model as well as the textures, cannot wait to have another great machine in the Russian arsenal smile_o.gif

And one thing that I would notice is excelent work of Laser on pilots, there were 4 different types of pilots.

Laser making hard work on them now, so I would thank them a lot:)

The pilots looks great except for one small thing i also noticed on RHS units, the feet crazy_o.gif , the feet look strange to say the least, i like the boots on your previous pilots better. Is it not possible to use the BIS civilian boots? Theres some great looking boots there, anyway i hope their feet wont look like that in final version, other than that Laser is doing great work with all his units, maybe even too much smile_o.gif .