Sign in to follow this  
Maximus-Sniper

[RAST]Sniper Pack

The sitting animation looks great! Is that going to replace the kneeling shot position? BTW, I believe that photo may be Gunnery Sgt. Carlos "White Feather" Hathcock III himself, who was probably the best sniper the world has seen since WWII. He was amazing!

WoW !

cool anim biggrin_o.gif

hey ! did you read Sanctuary's topic "animation sharing center" ?

there is step by step way for making custom cfgMoves for soldiers where you can replace one single animation for one specific soldier

you could add this specific anim for Player soldier as sitting anim, maybe even you could edit Actions and make him shoot in such position (dont know if its possible...)

The sitting animation looks great! Is that going to replace the kneeling shot position? BTW, I believe that photo may be Gunnery Sgt. Carlos "White Feather" Hathcock III himself, who was probably the best sniper the world has seen since WWII. He was amazing!

Hi FerretFangs smile_o.gif

Yes this anim are gonna replace the old kneeling position wink_o.gif It's only made for this sniper tounge2.gif

The man in the picture are Marine Lance Corporal Dalton Gunderson smile_o.gif

Thanks for you like the new anim for the sniper smile_o.gif

BTW, check this out...

Mark14RightSide-1000_50.jpg

http://www.fulton-armory.com/indexf-special.htm

Equipped with a decent scope and possible the M203 GL, this would make a VERY effectve DMR, or observers weapon.

Hi smile_o.gif

Woow, nice weapon smile_o.gif

"As Seen in Special Weapons for Military & Police:

The FULTON ARMORY MARK 14

Ultimate Battle Rifle

—our semiauto version of the SOCOM Mk 14 Mod 0"

Looks like a realy nice and good weapon, hmmm maybe make that one, if not anyone have mad it before? smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

WoW !

cool anim biggrin_o.gif

hey ! did you read Sanctuary's topic "animation sharing center" ?

there is step by step way for making custom cfgMoves for soldiers where you can replace one single animation for one specific soldier

you could add this specific anim for Player soldier as sitting anim, maybe even you could edit Actions and make him shoot in such position (dont know if its possible...)

Hi Offtime smile_o.gif

Thanks for u like the new anim for this sniper smile_o.gif

This anim are included in the pack and replace the old kneeling position smile_o.gif

I love this new position in game smile_o.giftounge2.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Actually there's two similar weapons in OFP already. The Troy M14 SOPMOD is in the LSR Weapons Pack as a DMR, and DanAK47's M14 Pack has the Sage International, Ltd./NSWC Crane M14 EBR as a SPECOP DMR, which is more similar to the Fulton Armory Mark 14, than the Troy SOPMOD is. The Troy weapon is more like a Ferrari- expensive and exotic. The Sage/NSCW M14 EBR is more like a Corvette- still vvery good perfomance and styling, but costs quite a bit less than the Ferrari. The Fulton Armory Mark 14 is like a Pontiac Firebird- with performance and features nearly equal to the 'vette, but still costing somewhat less. All three are accurate, durable, and feature-rich battle rifles.

Troy Industries Rock SOPMOD:

http://www.securityarms.com/sale/newfirearms/sopmod/Picture%20001.jpg

http://www.troyind.com/sopmod_m14.htm

Sage International/NSWC M14 EBR:

http://www.tacticalshotgun.ca/content....all.jpg

http://sageinternationalltd.com/si/newprod/newprod.html

Fulton Armory Mark 14 UBR:

http://www.fulton-armory.com/Mark14RIght-1000_50.jpg

http://www.fulton-armory.com/indexf-special.htm

I trained on the M14 as the Navy's standard assault weapon back in the early 'nineties. They are an effective, sturdy, and accurate rifle, whose basic design goes back the the M1 Garand of WWII. It's good to see they are getting a new lease on life today.

When you need to make sure your target drops when you hit it, and you want to reach way out and accurately destroy the enemy, the M14 and the hard-hitting 7.62x51 round will definately get the job done.

Woow you know much about weapons wink_o.gif

I learn something new every day, hehe

So what you think i shall choose between those weapons to my observer?

What about M4A1?

Thank for all info smile_o.gif

An ACOG-scoped M4A1 is probably the first choice for the Marines scout/observer. Other accessories could be, ( but are not limited to ) the AN/PVS-17, AN/PEQ-2, C-Mag, M203, MK shotgun, forward grip, bipod, and suppressor.

I just was posting the M14 pics because I believe the Army observers ( particularly in Iraq ) are using the M14, as opposed to the M16/M4.

I don't know how many variations of your snipers you intend on doing, so I'm just providing as much ( general ) information as I remember. I'm a realism junkie, and I love to use snipers in OFP. So many people have tried to make sniper addons for OFP that were, for some reason or other simply unacceptable as representations of what snipers actually are in real life.

So I'm just hoping you might actually listen to what me, and others might tell you, so that you might produce a realistic addon that could become the definitive sniper in OFP.

I'm NOT a sniper, never was, never have claimed to be. What I am, is someone that has studied the use of snipers in history, and how they are employed today.

And if I can do anything to help you to make a better sniper for OFP, then you have but to ask. All I can offer is my knowledge, and to provide a truthful, and accurate critique of your addon when I get to play with it.

Hei FerretFangs

I was first thinkin' to maybe use a M4A1 with ACOG-scope, seens the are so many of them aorund here in OFP. So maybe someone give me premssion to use the model and tex smile_o.gif

Well, i think i release this pack as a beta first with one sniper and one observer for the west side smile_o.gif

I'm gonna make them as a group to in OFP, with some observer scripts.

Now i'm working with the sniper model and Vehicle Hit Dammage, tracer script for MP-T NM160 ammo( in real life, this ammo have a red tracer from 50 - 1500 meters)

And i was thinkin' to maybe make the burlap head to take off the burlap head and ON.

Maybe i'm gonna ask you for some test before i release the first beta, seens you know alot of weapons and have testet lot of snipers here in OFP tounge2.gif

Thanks again smile_o.gif

Hei FerretFangs

I was first thinkin' to maybe use a M4A1 with ACOG-scope, seens the are so many of them aorund here in OFP. So maybe someone give me premssion to use the model and tex smile_o.gif

Well, i think i release this pack as a beta first with one sniper and one observer for the west side smile_o.gif

I'm gonna make them as a group to in OFP, with some observer scripts.

Now i'm working with the sniper model and Vehicle Hit Dammage, tracer script for MP-T NM160 ammo( in real life, this ammo have a red tracer from 50 - 1500 meters)

And i was thinkin' to maybe make the burlap head to take off the burlap head and ON.

Maybe i'm gonna ask you for some test before i release the first beta, seens you know alot of weapons and have testet lot of snipers here in OFP tounge2.gif

Thanks again smile_o.gif

It all sounds good, and I look forward to seeing what you've done. I'd be happy to beta for you. I've done lots of beta testing for various addons, and I promise, I'll put the addon through the wringer.

That's sounds great  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I'll put the addon through the wringer.

LOL  rofl.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Hi all smile_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>New Update</span>

Just some small sniper movie wink_o.gif  tounge2.gif

I had to take a brake, so i just had a litle bit fun biggrin_o.gif

- A sniper try to hide in the bushes (My Sniper AI was 950 meters away somewhere)

- I had a bad start here  (My Sniper AI was 1000 meters away somewhere)

- I'm scanning the horizon and tested the Enemy Hit Dammage aswell

Maximus-Sniper

Hey Maximus-Sniper !

why you dont post any short movies lately ? crazy_o.gif

im waiting to see how this new anim and fixed camo on soldier acts in game wink_o.gif

please show us something notworthy.gif

Love it! The sitting animation is quite smooth. I'm not sure about it completely replacing the kneeling on one knee anim though, because that's just such a normal and natural thing for people to do. And in an MOUT setting, you wouldn't sit down into a crossed-leg shooting posture when you could just kneel down on knee. It would be great if there was some way to retain the standard kneel, and the new sitting posture as well.

BTW, I had to laugh at the stupid friggin' AI troops on the bridge who see their buddy drop like a sack of sh1t and just keep strolling along, stupid as cows.

Love it! The sitting animation is quite smooth. I'm not sure about it completely replacing the kneeling on one knee anim though, because that's just such a normal and natural thing for people to do. And in an MOUT setting, you wouldn't sit down into a crossed-leg shooting posture when you could just kneel down on knee. It would be great if there was some way to retain the standard kneel, and the new sitting posture as well.

BTW, I had to laugh at the stupid friggin' AI troops on the bridge who see their buddy drop like a sack of sh1t and just keep strolling along, stupid as cows.

Nice to hear you like it tounge2.gif

I'm not realy sure if it's possible to add more positions in OFP.. Maybe it's possible to add it, but i think i need to define some more keys on the keyboard. I'm not realy sure about that.. but i gonna take a look inside the default BIS config or other files to fine the some info about the keyboard. It would be realy nice to have more positions with other button's define in the keyboard tounge2.gif

Yeah, AI act stupid sometimes, LOL biggrin_o.gif I think it was 700 meters to the General wink_o.gif

Dude... look up?

LoL biggrin_o.gif

seconds betwen posts wink_o.gif

@M-Sniper

last move is greate, shows that camo on soldiers acts on animations ok, good work man :-)

Quote[/b] ]

Nice to hear you like it

I'm not realy sure if it's possible to add more positions in OFP.. Maybe it's possible to add it, but i think i need to define some more keys on the keyboard. I'm not realy sure about that.. but i gonna take a look inside the default BIS config or other files to fine the some info about the keyboard. It would be realy nice to have more positions with other button's define in the keyboard

Maybe you can try make this animation in static version with shooting possibility activated by action menu icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Nice to hear you like it

I'm not realy sure if it's possible to add more positions in OFP.. Maybe it's possible to add it, but i think i need to define some more keys on the keyboard. I'm not realy sure about that.. but i gonna take a look inside the default BIS config or other files to fine the some info about the keyboard. It would be realy nice to have more positions with other button's define in the keyboard

Maybe you can try make this animation in static version with shooting possibility activated by action menu  icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi Martin_BM

Hmm, sounds like a good idea tounge2.gif Thanks smile_o.gif

I put that one in my list smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Where is the download link for the sniper?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

pistols.gif  pistols.gif  pistols.gif  pistols.gif

Hi MilitiaSniper smile_o.gif

There is now a download link yet. Not finish with this addon. smile_o.gif

Maybe you can make a sniper mission tounge2.giftounge2.gif

I remember "Big Game Hunt" wink_o.gif I still have the mission here smile_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Am I the only person that thinks sitting like that with an M82 is going to give you a LOT of pain in your left arm and leg after a short while. The M82 is, to para-phrase Buffalo Soldiers, "a heavy mother", weighing in at roughly 33.8 pounds (12.9kg) (Source: www.barrettrifles.com), and thats without the scope and whatever other accessories. I'd have figured the sitting position was more fitting for lighter, bolt action rifles such as the M24 or M40A1.

And why is the sniper defined as an armoured class? (i.e. with an Armour and Fuel bar in the top left).

Am I the only person that thinks sitting like that with an M82 is going to give you a LOT of pain in your left arm and leg after a short while. The M82 is, to para-phrase Buffalo Soldiers, "a heavy mother", weighing in at roughly 33.8 pounds (12.9kg) (Source: <a href="www.barrettrifles.com" target="_blank">www.barrettrifles.com</a>), and thats without the scope and whatever other accessories. I'd have figured the sitting position was more fitting for lighter, bolt action rifles such as the M24 or M40A1.

And why is the sniper defined as an armoured class? (i.e. with an Armour and Fuel bar in the top left).

Hi smile_o.gif

Yes ofcourse this rifle will give you lot of pain if to are in standing position or sitting position. I'm not saying other have to use the new sitting position if they are thinking about pain from the recoil. Well i can't make recoil to give dammage at the sniper. And i can't do nothing with the weight of the rifle to. They don't have recoil dammage on OFP. But i can set down the running speed of the sniper to 15 km/h (normaly 25 km/h)

And this rifle is ment for armored target( Tanks, cars ... and soldiers) I made this one, becouse i'm pissed off thet tanks in OFP can kill you of a distance of 1000 meters or more. Now you can defend your self with this rifle and destroy it or make the tank not avaible anymore. smile_o.gif

And the sniper are not define as an armoured class. I only added this: unitInfoType="UNITINFOAIRPLANE";

Becouse i like to see the dammage field and speed wink_o.gif

And i can remove it if nobody like it smile_o.gif