Sign in to follow this  
exigent

Free falling bombs

In F-22 Lightening 3 the free falling bombs were so easy to use, and they were accurate.

How do i accruately use free falling bombs (like with the A-10) at high altitudes and medium altitudes?. rock.gif

Well, take a A10.

Take off, make a target, T72.

Keep testing around 700 ALT. of droping the bombs from about 850 M or 1200 M away. Keep testing itell

it gets close then again, and again.

It gets easy after awhile.

In F-22 Lightening 3 the free falling bombs were so easy to use, and they were accurate.

How do i accruately use free falling bombs (like with the A-10) at high altitudes and medium altitudes?. rock.gif

well if you have a Laser Designater and paint the target with it and then use the target button on the red dot u wait untill you get the box in the box thing then u drop the bombs.. then u should get it on target. ill make a movie smile_o.gif

EvEnLeaSe44: Well I do practice, but lol it's hard. But hey, i guess i'll keep trying.

Matt Rochelle: Well im new to OFP, i don't understand what your talking about lol with Laser thingys. But when do you think you can release the movie?

Migebuff: I looked at the movie, but i want to know how to use them by myself, like just a A10 (me) then the enemey a BMP. But cool video, i'll try it later.

Thanks to all of you, i'll still take in more replies smile_o.gif .

Take a look at this video, it shows you how to use them: *click me*

there we go  smile_o.gif

Edit.. ill make a better vid for you lol, maybe tomorrow

Lol aright thanks. Will be a video of a guy with a laser thing, or doing it by yourself?

In a blatant act of self-promotion, you might find this script to be fun/helpful.

Click here...

It's pretty accurate and simple to use. It uses a camera to look at the spot where a freefall bomb will land. It's still a WIP...

In a blatant act of self-promotion, you might find this script to be fun/helpful.

Ha! No need to be a self-promoter, 'cause I was about to promote that script for you. Guess you beat me to it though. smile_o.gif

Hey, do you think it would be possable for addon makers to incorparte something like that script into and addon/mod so you won't have to use the script and can just uset he A10. I used the script but it was confusing and when you used the camra with the white X, you couldn't change back. rock.gif

make a mission... place some objects on it... and use it as bombing range and just practice dropping bombs.

Quote[/b] ]Hey, do you think it would be possable for addon makers to incorparte something like that script into and addon/mod so you won't have to use the script and can just use the A10.

So you can just use the A10? Which A10 are you talking about? Anyway, of course it would be possible to incorporate the script into an addon, but what's the point? You can just use the script. And this way, you can use the script with ANY plane, not just one specific addon.

Ah, but if you are talking about incorporating this into something like the ECP, then I understand. And it might be doable...

Quote[/b] ]I used the script but it was confusing and when you used the camra with the white X, you couldn't change back.

Did you read the readme? You just have to press "c" to turn it off.

You also might want to check out the original version of Rastovich's bombsight script, which you might find easier to use:

http://ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=200