Sign in to follow this  
CopyrightPhilly

OFP2/XBOX???

well one thing is for sure, if they do anything like they did with brothers in arms and make the game controls round a console then i will be sticking to OFP CWC/Res...

dose anyone know if they accualy plan on making OFP2 for any console? if they do i think the PC gamers will have less of a game...

The topic tittle scared me to the moon crazy_o.gif , was it really necessary to put OFP2/XBOX??? all in capitals?

OPF2 should be coming for the PC, its obvious that with the huge sale numbers of console games and with a new/more powerfull console coming out soon (xbox2) that BIS may build a version for it, im not stating a fact, just a big probability.

In any case if they do this they will problably do seperate developments or port it from PC to console (wich is the logical way) unlike how it was done with BIA and other console to PC ports that resulted in poor/unoptimised PC games.

I am a PC only gamer and i have no interest in consoles, i hope the game will be awsome in every platform it becomes available and also a huge best seller, i also hope that we will still have the same support has before wink_o.gif .

If BIS is capable of making this run on a console imagine what they wont be able to achieve on the PC. Its all good and i cant wait to have it smile_o.gif .

just finish this freakin game crazy_o.gif

just finish this freakin game  crazy_o.gif

I predict another year and a half untill it comes sad_o.gif .

E3 will tell us whats the hells going on in that Studio. At least I hope so.

I definately see OFP2 making an appearance on XBox 360 and maybey even PS3.

We'll have to wait and see how OFP does on Xbox to tell if Operation Flashpoint can live up to what consoles are all about.

No.. no way. I hope not.

No.. no way. I hope not.

Why not?

Why not?

We would most likely loose support and become 2nd rate customers, seen it happen before..

Why not?

We would most likely loose support and become 2nd rate customers, seen it happen before..

I don't understand

I don't understand

You know, when they start going after the console big bucks, with DLC's available thru live, then they just delay the patches, or dont bother givin tools and support for the PC... stuff almost every developer/publisher is doing now rock.gif .

the game is usually dumbed down to console levels if it's cross platform

e.g. BIA

very bad game that BIA is.

I don't understand

You know, when they start going after the console big bucks, with DLC's available thru live, then they just delay the patches, or dont bother givin tools and support for the PC... stuff almost every developer/publisher is doing now  rock.gif .

Yea, that can happen, but BIS I think has their PC version as priority one.

Ive also seen game developers make sure they get the PC version perfect before they release a console version.

Really there is nothing much to worry about if OFP2 goes on a console...

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/press/?showarticle=9620

"Promising warfare on a scale never seen in a FPS, the biggest name in modern military simulation gaming will return in 2008 as Codemasters confirms that Operation Flashpointâ„¢2 is in development for PC and major console formats."

Well its coming to 360 to then but im holding my breath as to wether they will change the game for consoles (I really hope to god they wont) Im really hoping for a direct port.

Wrong forum and developer, you should have posted on the codemasters forums tounge2.gif

Wrong forum and developer, you should have posted on the codemasters forums tounge2.gif

really? I assumed this was "GAME 2" is this op flash only likeness to the original the name?. I never really followed the codemasters dispute - could som1 expain to me what happened and what the hell this codemasters game is if it aint being developed by BIS - cheers

I dont have time to read the whole thread, but I sure as hell hope they do...

I mean did you get a dumbed down OFP? No... And that came out on Xbox.

As long as they make each version as good as it can be then I'm happy.

Too many people dumb down PC games so they can go easy on the Console or dumb down Console games cause they think us console gamers are dumb, even if our hardware (Xbox 360, ect.) can handle it.

IT'S CONFIRMED!!!. i've just seen on IGN that flashpoint 2(the one made by codemasters) is coming to 360 and ps3. BIS may have to bring their game out on consoles to beat them. (i will probably buy it but not instead of BIS's game).

@Adam Ferante

Codemasters makes OFP2

BI made OFP and ArmA, and a part of the team is currently working in Game2 (the forum where you just posted).

BI has nothing to do whatsoever with OFP2, codemasters still had the rights to the name while BI got their engine, models etc etc. smile_o.gif

Either way its another game, you will end up evaluating it and make the choice. Consoles happen to make simple gaming very easy. This is a huge plus. Also nice to play from your couch for a change. OFPE was the best experience ive had on multiplayer with a console. And safe to say ofp/vbs1/arma/vbs2 are perfect for pc.

OFP2 as is my understanding will probally be an honest attempt to make a game as good as OFP/ARMA. Whether it will or not live up to everyones expectations is another matter. COD4 for example will be a great new BF2 type arcade run and gun game which will be loads of fun, but will be handicapped by the people playing it. I imagine ofp2 will end up having some of the same issues.

I do know that I would probally support both but wouldnt trade the ofp community for the ofp2 one which will be probally based on console. Plus now the issue will end up being more serious when it comes to ported content. Its one thing to have someone port over ofp to arma. but I imagine the OFP2 community will be raping and pillaging ARMA addons and reverse engineering them to work.... And vice versa.

Mabey its time to include new EULA info regarding legal action towards ports from BIS to codemasters.

its still awhile away....