Sign in to follow this  
DBR_ONIX

Trigger external program from within OFP..?http://

Oh yeah, that made me remember one more suggestion I had thought of for Kegetys: You should put some sort of "timeout" on the 'wget' function!

There is a timeout in it (2 seconds if I remember correctly) but if your firewall blocks the exe from executing then it cannot timeout, so its up to the user to configure his/her firewall properly :P

Oh yeah, that made me remember one more suggestion I had thought of for Kegetys: You should put some sort of "timeout" on the 'wget' function!

There is a timeout in it (2 seconds if I remember correctly) but if your firewall blocks the exe from executing then it cannot timeout, so its up to the user to configure his/her firewall properly :P

Fair enough thumbs-up.gif

1st i have configured my firewall to enable fwatch because it was asking at the first start so thats not the problem.

2nd i have played the fwatch race without lag working perfectly nice mission.

3rd we have removed the getmouse setting so now we are only using getkey.

thats all for now

The firewall wont be a problem for you using the getmouse thing, it's only for the WGET function the firewall has be be set up right

Good luck with your project thingy smile_o.gif

- Ben

ive tried to disable the firewall and tested getmouse then

again no changing

but that was one of my first steps

*added -nomap nothing happened

what could it be now?

drivers?, conflicts?, w2k?, AMD64?, FAT32?

Can I pass string as a file name ?

For example I have such a script

Quote[/b] ]#loop

call loadFile format[":file qwrite fired1.txt %1 %2",_dist,_height]

goto "loop"

But if fired1.txt already exists I want to write data to fired2.txt and so on. Is this possible ?

Yep

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#loop

_i=1

#tryAgain

?(call loadFile FORMAT[":notSure fired%1",_i]):_i=_i+1;goto "tryAgain"

call loadFile format[":file qwrite fired%3.txt %1 %2",_dist,_height,_i]

goto "loop"

Basicly, it sees if fired + _i (So fired1, fired2, fired3 etc) exists, if so, it increases _i, and trys again, when it doesn't see a file exists (If fired1, fired2 exists, fired3 DOESN'T exist, _i will be 3, so it'll create that)

Then it'll create the the file with the values in it

The same idea works with things like setobjecttexture (this setobjecttexture FORMAT ["%1.jpg,name _player] for example)

- Ben

Ye, it's working. 10x :beer:

Quote[/b] ]_i=1

#next

_x = call loadFile FORMAT[":file exists fired%1.txt",_i];

?(_x!=1):goto "write stuff"

_i=_i+1

goto "next"

Hi pple, i'm new on this forum and i've been messing ard with Kegety's fwatch program. It worked great!! And i'm now trying to edit it to add more stuff like screenshot saving and stuff. The problem is, i can't compile the source code properly.

What i did was to extract all files into a common folder, opened the .dsw files and attempted to compile. But it doesn't work....

compiling TestLauncher.dsw would give a message like:  fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '..\testdll\testdll.h': No such file or directory

compiling TestDLL.dsw would also return 2 error messages, something about apihijack.cpp and apihijack.h files not found.

I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ btw.

Any help would be gratly appreciated

Edit: whoops my bad. i found my mistake...... just had to make sure the appropriate files are in the appropriate folders...

Thank god no one answered yet

idleness

Are you still working on this ?

I really like Fwatch , but I want it to be able output more variables in one line... Can you make it ?

I have modified fwatch so that you can connect to a mysql database with it. I'm not sure if ill make a proper release of it but on behalf of the license that the code is based on im willing to share the sources if someone requests for it (ill just clean it up a bit in that case).

Im quite interested in that

I made a system that saves the players scores wich are reviewable on a website.

with SQL this would be even easier!

The biggest problem is that I cant get Fwatch to work on the server, maybe because multiple OFP servers run. (as service)

Sorry for resurecting the thread, but does anyone have a copy of the race demo mission? I havent found a live download anywhere.