Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Lowlands Warrior Mod

they got quite allot of stuff to go to war with.... wow_o.gifrock.gif

Its going to be a nice campaign me thinks...

not to complain but, the ground textures dont really fit...

they just look wierd imho...

All I can say about those ground textures, is that they are the best I could find for representing the ground on real-life Bonaire. Just notice that the ones on the pictures are just one kind, there are about 10 different types of ground textures and this one is indeed a bit blurry, but looks good ingame.

As for the objects, they are indeed all custom made, because nothing from RES or CWC seems to fit on Bonaire.

What resolution are those textures btw? Are you/we useing the 1024 textures or 512?

smile_o.gif

It's 512. smile_o.gif

Ok, here's our next update/batch of pics. The pictures are of the Standard Dutch army truck. It's used in numerous versions and types such ammo carrier, personnel carrier, fuel truck, water transport. We are planning to release at least an empty version, such as on the picture, a personnel version, the ammo carrier and the fuel truck. The status at the moment for the truck is; the empty truck is finished, except from the interior lod, and it's already fully fuctioning, and you can drive it.  wink_o.gif Here's some pictures for you all.  smile_o.gif

llwtruck1.jpg

llwtruck2.jpg

llwtruck3.jpg

llwtruck4.jpg

llwtruck5.jpg

smile_o.gif

is there going to be a version that has a cannon on the back like an AA launcher?

At the moment, no. We are planning to release an empty version, such as the one seen above, a personnel version, a ammo carrier and the fuel truck. But of course that is not set in stone.

is there going to be a version that has a cannon on the back like an AA launcher?

The is not a science-fiction mod, so the answer is probably no (although I can't say that for sure). I'm not aware of an armed version of this truck used by the Dutch military.

Basicly this truck will have the same fuctions as the 5t truck from BIS; transport and resupply.

and a gunner on the cabin??? with a MAG mg?

Looking very very nice indeed gentlemen!!!  blues.gif

Edit

could you do a pic with the MB next to it for comparison? smile_o.gif

and a gunner on the cabin??? with a MAG mg?

I'm not sure if that one excists. I assume it does, though.

I know the KMARNS use the unimog and they have a roof hatch and ringmount for a MAG.

I'm not the one working on this addon, so I don't know if such a version is in the pipeline.

oohh ok cuz I believe those truck have a roofhatch only I dont know about the mg mountings or anything..

Yes, the trucks have a roof hatch and a ringmount for a MAG mg can be placed.

A lot of the time the Cupola on a truck would just be home to one of the crew with his standard sidearm (C7 in this case) any chance of sticking in a rifle version as well, even in as gucci a military as the Netherland's FN MAGs don't grow on trees.

True. In fact I've never seen an armed truck.

The truck is unarmored, so the basic idea when they are attacked is pedal to the metal and go for it while the armored vehicles try to fight of the enemy. Although I believe we do have a few uparmored cabins.

I'm not sure how a rifle-version in OFP could be done in a good-looking way. So I'll guess we'll just pretend like the FN-mag does grow on trees smile_o.gif

True. In fact I've never seen an armed truck.

The truck is unarmored, so the basic idea when they are attacked is pedal to the metal and go for it while the armored vehicles try to fight of the enemy. Although I believe we do have a few uparmored cabins.

I'm not sure how a rifle-version in OFP could be done in a good-looking way. So I'll guess we'll just pretend like the FN-mag does grow on trees smile_o.gif

Still if you could even just have a soldier standing up in the cupola observing it would be great...having stood in that position on more than one occasion I can say that all its good for unstabilised is observing.

It would just be a teeny tiny anim replacement....pretty please

I allready planned a version with the fn-mag mounted on top, but first I wan't to finish the basic truck, so don't worry.

I'm not sure how a rifle-version in OFP could be done in a good-looking way. So I'll guess we'll just pretend like the FN-mag does grow on trees  smile_o.gif

Well lets hope the wind doesnt pick up or else Im going to have to move my car over a bit!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Picks MAG from the tree!  rock.gif  wink_o.gif

I think you could do the rifle version kinda like the turret except have the dude turn on a sort of moveable circle plate and hold the weapon in such a way it wouldnt look too strange for firing or for moveing with caution

I'm wondering about the Hind screenshots on the LW site?

You guys arent making them too are ya?

crazy_o.gifrock.gif

I'm wondering about the Hind screenshots on the LW site?

You guys arent making them too are ya?

crazy_o.gif  rock.gif

I Don't think Lowlands Warrior is making those.. Looks like Bonaire on the background. smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif  Does Venezuela have Hinds!  crazy_o.gif

Nope. They only have the A-109 and SA-136 (alouette III) attack helicopters. And a few other birds armed with machineguns.

I like the idea of fighting Venezuela in this mod - they've got a very interesting military which should provide a very unique experience for the battles. smile_o.gif

I like the idea of fighting Venezuela in this mod - they've got a very interesting military which should provide a very unique experience for the battles. smile_o.gif

Dont be so diplomatic , just say it you want a new army to bash in OFP tounge_o.gif .

By the way are you LLW guys gonna expand on your Yugoslavian addons? Those troops were nice i wouldnt mind handing those troops their own BMP's and a couple of tanks and MG's. Would help for nice Peacekeeping missions.

I'm not sure. We're only a small team doing everything we can. I think that right now the new Dutch soldiers and Venezuela OPFOR has priority

Can you tell us, what your building at the moment? do have screens of it?