Sign in to follow this  
rats404

Realistic helicopter sound files

Having been trying the latest pre-release of AGS_revisited_Cat_afghanistan, I've realised what a huge difference really good quality sound samples makes in Ofp.

Therefore, I thought this might be a useful resource for those talented and hard working individuals like Col Klink, Preparation H and all the others who are providing us with heli's in Ofp.

http://www.thelz.com/MGsounds.html contains 13 fantastic  freeware real sound packs for different helicopters (including the Lynx) originally for FS2004 by Manuel Gonzales

They are zipped packs, and so you can sample just how good they are, I've setup a page with explanations and the sounds for the Lynx sound pack at http://www.rallyrider.tv/ofp/supersound.htm

I'd suggest you email Manuel at mg@thelz.com to ask permission before using them, and apply the usual credits to him in any readme - please use them (especially Klink on the Lynx...)  smile_o.gif

Rats 404

Good reference rats404. The ingame Lynx sounds, however are authentic Lynx sounds, but the ones here may be useful for a variant. Good find smile_o.gif

the very best engines sounds are from the Operation Frenchpoint Gazelle, it gave meh goosebumps for being sooo damn real! I've heard em many times, and also other helo's like the AL-III which uses the same engine!

I'm planing on taking my nippa here next month.

I may be able to get some stuff from there.

@CERO.

I'm planing on taking my nippa here next month.

I may be able to get some stuff from there.

@CERO.

I've been a couple of times, it's worth a visit. I've been meaning to go olong to one of their open cockpit days but they always seem to be on when I can't go sad_o.gif