Sign in to follow this  
offtime

retextured retextured HTTV

some time ago ive made my own version of InQUisiToR and Rifleman HTTV.

its not finished becouse back in the days i was bored with desert stuff, but now i could finish it, ask for permissions and maybe release it.

but i would like it to be as good as i can make it, so maybe some sugestions on things i could add ? some scripts ? some stuff on it ? details on textures ?

and btw, anone knows how to catch INQ and Riffleman ? i have some strange problems with finding ppl on the web :/ if they will say "no" then... theres no point in finishing it...

some screens:

httv10hi.th.jpg_httv26er.th.jpg

httv34sn.th.jpg_httv40lb.th.jpg

httv59is.th.jpg_httv64wc.th.jpg

pm Inq. He visits BIS forums recently.

I'd also like to see the Mk19 AGL-armed varient in those textures. Further, it would be great to see some ammo, and weapons added to the vehicle as default. Something like a several M4's, perhaps an M203 w/a crate of grenades, a couple AT4, or SMAWs, or even a Barrett M107 .50 AMR.

Hey, those look great. If you are going to do them, you should add the Mk-19 version and maybe one with an M240. I would also like to see one in the standard Nato camo.

Your textures look great, but you should remove the part that says "Helo Transporable Tactical Vehicle" and the guys name if its still on there. I doubt that that will be on the production version. Maybe add "Marines" or the eagle globe anchor.

hurray now all we need is Riflemans smile_o.gif Dont know where his is thought rock.gif

nice work, you have my permissison for release

thanks man :-)

[...] but you should remove the part that says "Helo Transporable Tactical Vehicle" and the guys name if its still on there. I doubt that that will be on the production version. Maybe add "Marines" or the eagle globe anchor.

good tip :-)

hurray now all we need is Riflemans smile_o.gif Dont know where his is thought rock.gif

me too :/

any sugestions on scripts ?

i was thinking about adding fire script from BAS

anyone made some other interesting scripts for cars ?

i also want to add some customization via proper scripts, few things will be random on vechicle so 2 or 3 on one map will not look totaly identical.

also spare ammo boxes on vehicle side will disappear depending on how many times m2 was reloaded

there is also this thing with cargo animation (co-driver) his riffle is now outside vehicle, anyone could make new anim for me ? so this dude would hold his gun betwen legs ?

Quote[/b] ]anyone made some other interesting scripts for cars ?

krhm... wink_o.gif

MCAR has working Mk19 scripts (so no more slow velocity exploding bullets but 'real' grenades), they just require a couple of final MP tests until being released...

That is if you will be making the Mk19 version...

isnt there already an anim with a guy with his gun between his legs? im pretty sure its the default for troops riding in the rear of a truck.

It'd be cool if the soldier in the back was animed as if he was a rear shooter.

the vehicles caro load should be left empty annd all those weapons will cause addon depencey to the weapon packs, lessen its flexabilty durring mission making. Weapons can be stowed in units via editor or player loading them ingame from an ammo point. In real combat you wouldn't be sitting in the open under fire make it really easy for the enemy to draw a bead on your nose. The vehicles is very under powered being a diesel engine they don't really load a lot of stuff one them. Usualy only the gunner and driver are operating them, too easy to be thrown off if em. It was a stop gap when the M151A2 FAV was removed from invintory and the M998A1 didn't fit in the cargo bays of most Marine choppers. HTTVs have fallen to low use as the Marines just sling load in better armored humvees for most missions. lessens ligistal problems with support maintance not having to make sure parts are aviable for it.

Suspession scripts be great,

spent casing scripts also great.

avoid fire scritps, its mostly eye candy. AI driving never got improved bursting into flames after bumping into a building is not a good way to die in mp missions. Or small arms fire hits. I got mod verssion with cargo laoding abilities for a CH6 not released yet if I find it can send the bits to update yours seeing the other isn't being released.

ok...

1. sig on dors removed

2. USMC logo on engine hood changed

3. script to randomize some textures and stuff added

4. script that will make shure that after gunner death one of passangers will take over M2

5. new co-driver animation added

some screens:

httv76by.th.jpg_httvb4wv.th.jpg

httv96mp.th.jpg_httva4zq.th.jpg

httv80sv.th.jpg

@Bobcatt666

i will be more than happy if you will help me in any wey :-)

maybe whant to change the texture on the top of it thats the old us desert pathern right? maybe make 2 versions one for the 91 Gulf war and a never for today special up missions

maybe whant to change the texture on the top of it thats the old us desert pathern right? maybe make 2 versions one for the 91 Gulf war and a never for today special up missions

well.. i didnt pick this pattern to fit soldiers camo

its just tarp on vehicle roof, they had such in stocks so they use it wink_o.gif

anyway,this hood is random thing, 3 versions

1. camo

2. sand color

3. none

but maybe i will make more of them, more randomization = less boring smile_o.gif

ADDED:

httvc6cf.th.jpg_httvd3gv.th.jpg

I was just going to sugest that.

I personally preffere this one.

cargoanimation7xr.jpg

cargoanimation22al.jpg

I got them from the HMMWV pack that Falber and Blackdog were working on.

I don't know where the animations came from exactly, but I supose that if you ask Blackdog or Flaber they'll be able to let you know.

The thing about ramndom textures, I supose you are tallking about weadering and use effects, that would be very cool.

You may want to add a texture with bullet holes that appear in the vehicle depending of the dammage.

Regards.

@CERO.

i have strange problem with setObjectTexture

whet i set texture wich is not the one mapped on surface in o2 it looks damn blured, like it was 256x256 WTF?

I was just going to sugest that.

I personally preffere this one.

http://img201.exs.cx/img201/5489/cargoanimation7xr.jpg

http://img147.exs.cx/img147/1115/cargoanimation22al.jpg

I got them from the HMMWV pack that Falber and Blackdog were working on.

I don't know where the animations came from exactly, but I supose that if you ask Blackdog or Flaber they'll be able to let you know.

The thing about ramndom textures, I supose you are tallking about weadering and use effects, that would be very cool.

You may want to add a texture with bullet holes that appear in the vehicle depending of the dammage.

Regards.

@CERO.

From my anim.pbo replacement pack.

Naw the animations been around longer than that, uness the animation pack was made back like when ver 1.40 something came out, Wanted to use Wilcos animations but never got around to asking sometimes the RMt does use Wilcos animations due to a config error now, like how Dreamy knights anim.pbo hoses a number of jeep classed units co driver animations.

Naw the animations been around longer than that, uness the animation pack was made back like when ver 1.40 something came out,  Wanted to use Wilcos animations but never got around to asking sometimes the RMt does use Wilcos animations due to a config error now, like how Dreamy knights anim.pbo hoses a number of jeep classed units co driver animations.

No, that is definetaly my co-driver animation wink_o.gif

custom animation from INQ version (back cargo) looks almost the same, and INQ wrote in readme:

Quote[/b] ]Credits:

======

- Rifleman for the basic model

- the guy who made the custom cargo animation (TCP ? ? ?)

- AAO for some textures

INQ release date 27-01-04

httvf4vr.jpg

if i dont find anything better or anyone who can make something better then i will probably redo it to also fit co-driver seat.

yeah this looks nice, make the dude sit in the ride with his right foot up like that! you will also stay in your seat much better.. biggrin_o.gif