Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Anarchy Online

Havn't been able to find this posted before, but after reading this article, i went to the Anarchy Online site to see what it was like, and they have an ad saying it is free until January 2006. You can get it here.

I'm still downloading (its 835MB crazy_o.gif ) so yet to see what its like, but looking at the screenshots and reading the guide and manual, sounds and looks quite good. Would be nice though if anyone with AO already could post and say what they think of it, also, if you could say if not having the expansion packs (get them and you have to start paying for it) will mean there wont be many playing, or whether people with the expansion packs play along side those without?

As well, would be good to see other OFP players in it, and so if you have it, post your user name for it here (like was done for 'Navy Field').

Although like i say yet to play it, i registered a name already for when its done downloading as: ColemanHotShot

I saw this a month or so ago also. I didn't bother to download it, as there are a ton of expansion packs out and you only get the original in this deal. So you are somewhat restricted it seems. Plus the screenshots look kind of crappy IMO. I guess if you are into the whole MMORPG stuff it would be fun, but it looked rather boring to me wink_o.gif. Tell us how it is when it finishes DLing hotshot biggrin_o.gif!

Old "news".

Anarchy Online is a game that I don't like,

I would almost say "It sucks!" but I wouldn't do that biggrin_o.gif

ive been into it quite heavly as of late, im currently level 54 and in an organisation. At first i tried and dropped it after finding it complicated and the ui difficult, but i came back to it and got off noobie island and loved it once i started climbing to higher levels and working with teams.

If it was such a good game, it wouldnt be free wink_o.gif

I tried it, it was good until maybe level 12 or so, where things got extremely repetative.

I finnished off the download today and played a bit, and what i played was a bit crap i must say. Fogging was appauling, can barely see your hands.

Maybe once i get off the training island it'll be OK, like HellToupee says. How i get off it however...

I followed this big bloke around for a bit and he led me to this place with flying robots, but i got killed there and dunno how we got there, and even if that was the way off??

I'll play it again later and see if i can get off, but i'm not holding high hopes for playing this game much from 1st impressions.

You get what you pay for though i guess.

BTW Korax, Americas Army is free and lots of people play that, shouldn't rule it out just as its free.

Quote[/b] ]BTW Korax, Americas Army is free and lots of people play that, shouldn't rule it out just as its free.

Lots of people hack in AA and ruins the experience, so it sucks wink_o.gif

Concerning the fog dilema, you have to go to your settings and turn view distance up.

Lots of people hack in AA and ruins the experience, so it sucks wink_o.gif

I have found the hacking in AA to be over exaggerated. Ghosting is a problem, but hacking is not that bad since the new addition of punkbuster in v2.3. I have only seen a few guys that I was 100% sure were hacking (they were flying around....yes FLYING in the air tounge_o.gif). It was a gorup of guys in the same clan, hacking on their own server tounge_o.gif.

Went and played it again for about an hour, and managed to get off the training island and onto Athens, but that place was as bad as the training island, and so its now uninstalled.

OFP: 156 Others: 0

tounge_o.gif